Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 185. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Luke is there any way to check the total payed BTC for a certain address ?
It's in the JSON data as "everpaid", and there's obviously Block Explorer too. If someone wants to make a branch for the stats, I'd be glad to merge it.

Update on the payout bottleneck: I put together a patch to allow me to make manual sends for payouts. Two guys in the channel are helping me with the test, which should be confirmed working with the next block. Assuming all goes well, I plan to do a sendmany to take out a large chunk of the payout queue. Due to the size of the sendmany, I expect it will not be relayed (and therefore not visible in your clients) until Eligius finds another block-- but it will be reflected in the payout queue page and stats immediately. In short, your unpaid balance will disappear after the next block, and that portion missing will be paid by a regular transaction in the block following that one.
legendary
Anyone else get an "Unknown Address!" page when trying to check their stats? My address is gone from the payout queue page too.
BTW, is this still a problem? Can you PM me your address/link?
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
DiabloMiner author

As for the trolls, I'm ignoring them.

There's a vast difference between trolls and people gathering
incontrovertible evidence of the opinions you offered in various
forums about religion, homosexuality and a slew of other
non-bitcoin related things.

I think it's important that people who use your pool understand
who you actually are, how your mind works (for some rather
stretched definition of the word) and make up their own mind
before they contribute anything further to the eligius effort.

I am personally so disgusted by your belief system that however
much I'd like to not let that get in the way of using your pool if it
was the actual best around (it isn't anymore, by a large margin),
I simply can't.

I hope others will do their own research and come to their own
conclusions.

Okay so, you have a problem with that, but not that eligius.st is the Catholic Patron Saint of monies?
legendary
With all the crap surrounding this pool lately and recent downtime issues Im moving my workers elsewhere.
Every pool gets DoS'd...
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
With all the crap surrounding this pool lately and recent downtime issues Im moving my workers elsewhere. ArsBitcoin also has SMPPS payout method so thats my next step ...
legendary
Next time try calling me. That's generally the main delay when things go down-- waiting for someone to wake me up.

One would think that with prayers on headers, divine intervention was in order. Oh well.
Too bad there are no prayers in headers.
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
Next time try calling me. That's generally the main delay when things go down-- waiting for someone to wake me up.

One would think that with prayers on headers, divine intervention was in order. Oh well.
legendary
No response hmm, so it's true? Wink
No response because the forum has apparently stopped sending post notification emails.

Add on top of that the hours of downtime from yesterday,

combined with the fact that there is absolutely no announcement, no justification, no mention, not here nor anywhere else.
Except on IRC, which is the main venue for this kind of (ie, real-time event) thing...

with it's "world class uptime record"
It was actually quite good up till that downtime. This morning, thankfully, people called me quicker, and I was able to notice that we're being DoS'd.

As for the payout system itself, it's a well-documented, publicly explained, and known to have shortcomings as it is right now.

As for the trolls, I'm ignoring them.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Anyone else get an "Unknown Address!" page when trying to check their stats? My address is gone from the payout queue page too.
Activity: 481
Merit: 500
What's the problem with Eligius today - laggy as hell...
Activity: 185
Activity: 210
The server has owed other people money for longer, so it's paying them first.
Given the 50btc cap on payments per block found, it's going to be a bit before those of us further down on the list see any money.

Were the "server funds" actually paid out like the stat site says they are, we'd all have been paid right on time.
Activity: 55
Is there a reason payouts are not being sent???

Activity: 210
SMPPS also never pays out more than the pool has. The reward system isn't the delay-- the payout system is. Generating all payouts means only 50 BTC can be paid at once, even if there's 51 BTC passing the minimum payout at once.
Hmm, I think I understood it while typing this out. After some point, all 50 BTC earned in a block will be paid out because it meets the payout threshold. But the pool buffer that you've built up to this point is basically yours to keep, since it can never be withdrawn from anyway. Do I understand this right?
Yup, that you do.
Do some calculations on it and you'll find that the pool owner has over a thousand bitcoins in his wallet.  There have been lots of streaks of good luck that paid off the debt and then only paid out a few bitcoins, the rest going to luke.
That "buffer" is a laughable name for his pocket, were it a buffer the server wouldn't be 6-10 blocks in the hole right now.
What we have right now with this payout system is a system that works great for everybody with good luck, and poorly for the miners (but fine for luke) with bad luck.
(Easy to calculate his pocket, take all the blocks that paid less than 50 to users and add the amount not paid to users together.  Just like the "buffer" does, except don't subtract from the buffer on blocks that award >50 bitcoins)

I'd like to see the 1000-2000 in lukes pocket put into a real buffer, personally.
I really like the system other than that part.
Activity: 642
Merit: 500
Just pointed 19 Ghash your way...  Wink
Activity: 16
The block we have been working on for the last 21+ hours reminds me why I like mining at this pool. Smiley
legendary
SMPPS also never pays out more than the pool has. The reward system isn't the delay-- the payout system is. Generating all payouts means only 50 BTC can be paid at once, even if there's 51 BTC passing the minimum payout at once.

OK, I'd like to clarify my understanding of this a little bit. Let's assume that we have a fresh start, with everyone having zero balances. We find one block, so the total of everyone's pending balance is 50 BTC. Out of this 50 BTC, let's say 40 BTC is above the payout threshold, so they will be included in the next block. I assume the remaining 10 BTC goes into the pool buffer. Now 60 BTC is owed. But only 50 BTC can be paid out every block. I assume with SMPPS a few short rounds can clear out the pending payouts since the pool will owe less on those rounds than it earns. With PPLNS, I don't see how the pending payments can ever go down - since at every round the pool makes 50 BTC, owes 50 BTC, and pays out less than 50 BTC. This would mean that payouts keep getting delayed more and more?

Hmm, I think I understood it while typing this out. After some point, all 50 BTC earned in a block will be paid out because it meets the payout threshold. But the pool buffer that you've built up to this point is basically yours to keep, since it can never be withdrawn from anyway. Do I understand this right?
If there's >= 50 BTC ready for payout, it won't payout less. The only way it can be > 50 BTC is if someone is earning less than the minimum payout, which means that in between his payouts, there's extra space in the 50 BTC for other payouts. So it all evens out much faster/easier.
donator
Activity: 289

OK, I'd like to clarify my understanding of this a little bit. Let's assume that we have a fresh start, with everyone having zero balances. We find one block, so the total of everyone's pending balance is 50 BTC. Out of this 50 BTC, let's say 40 BTC is above the payout threshold, so they will be included in the next block. I assume the remaining 10 BTC goes into the pool buffer. Now 60 BTC is owed. But only 50 BTC can be paid out every block. I assume with SMPPS a few short rounds can clear out the pending payouts since the pool will owe less on those rounds than it earns. With PPLNS, I don't see how the pending payments can ever go down - since at every round the pool makes 50 BTC, owes 50 BTC, and pays out less than 50 BTC. This would mean that payouts keep getting delayed more and more?

legendary
if the pool switched to PPLNS, would that mean that it would pay out rewards as they are earned? in other words, there would be no delay?

The minimum balance functionality (you don't get paid until your balance is > 200 TBC) would still cause payout delays.  For example, if when a block is found suddenly a lot of old accounts are now above the balance, you can have more than 50 BTC due for payment.  But it will typically be a shorter delay than is seen after long blocks with SMPPS.  With SMPPS, we occasionally see delays of as much as 7-8 blocks. I shouldn't get that bad with PPLNS.

I don't understand how this can happen with PPLNS. Since no block is ever paid out more than 50 BTC, every old account with a pending balance technically already has the required BTC in the pool fund, it's just not paid out yet. The pool should never owe more than it has on hand.
donator
Activity: 289
if the pool switched to PPLNS, would that mean that it would pay out rewards as they are earned? in other words, there would be no delay?

The minimum balance functionality (you don't get paid until your balance is > 200 TBC) would still cause payout delays.  For example, if when a block is found suddenly a lot of old accounts are now above the balance, you can have more than 50 BTC due for payment.  But it will typically be a shorter delay than is seen after long blocks with SMPPS.  With SMPPS, we occasionally see delays of as much as 7-8 blocks. I shouldn't get that bad with PPLNS.

I don't understand how this can happen with PPLNS. Since no block is ever paid out more than 50 BTC, every old account with a pending balance technically already has the required BTC in the pool fund, it's just not paid out yet. The pool should never owe more than it has on hand.
Jump to: