Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 2. (Read 458150 times)

legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004
My guess is this person is too stupid to understand PPLNS, probably the same person who emailed me the other day since he had the same "40 minutes is too short, you're screwing people" argument.

My guess (given his lack of proper english) is he's referring to the per share rate in the last 24 hours being less than it was for the same # of block solves in shifts a day or two before.  14452 paid more per share for 13 blocks than 14486 which also had 13 blocks in his screenshot.

Which is obvious, and there's even a news post on BTC Guild, and a forum post explaining it:  Shifts were increased from 2.5 billion to 3.25 billion shares.  That means when a block is solved, it's split over 25% more shares, meaning the payout per block is 25% less.  But, it also lasts 25% longer, meaning on average a shift will find...wait for it...25% more blocks.  It ends up being the same damn number you moron.
Angry Sounds like scammer talk to me.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
My guess is this person is too stupid to understand PPLNS, probably the same person who emailed me the other day since he had the same "40 minutes is too short, you're screwing people" argument.

My guess (given his lack of proper english) is he's referring to the per share rate in the last 24 hours being less than it was for the same # of block solves in shifts a day or two before.  Which is obvious, and there's even a news post on BTC Guild explaining it:  Shifts were increased from 2.5 billion to 3.25 billion shares.  That means when a block is solved, it's split over 25% more shares, meaning the payout per block is 25% less.  But, it also lasts 25% longer, meaning on average a shift will find...wait for it...25% more blocks.  It ends up being the same damn number you moron.

Or to put it simple. Shorter shifts = more shifts.

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

My guess (given his lack of proper english) is he's referring to the per share rate in the last 24 hours being less than it was for the same # of block solves in shifts a day or two before.  14452 paid more per share for 13 blocks than 14486 which also had 13 blocks in his screenshot.

Which is obvious, and there's even a news post on BTC Guild, and a forum post explaining it:  Shifts were increased from 2.5 billion to 3.25 billion shares.  That means when a block is solved, it's split over ~30% more shares, meaning the payment per share from a block is ~30% less.  But, it also lasts ~30% longer, meaning on average a shift will find...wait for it...~30% more blocks.  It ends up being the same damn number you moron, just lower variance per shift.  NEITHER OF WHICH affect 24 hour earnings.

EDIT:  Update with more clarification over what I think the person is trying to imply, and a correction to the % (it's closer to 30% than 25%).
legendary
just look at the numbers and try to explain how everyone isn't getting screwed ? You Mad Bro cause you got EXPOSED!!!!!these are blocks paid a couple  days ago and today
I'm not sure what you find confusing about that. You're signed up for PPLNS, so your reward is proportional to the number of blocks found. Shifts 14480 to 14488 were periods of low luck so there were less blocks found per unit time and the equivalent PPS is lower. 14449 to 14453 comparatively found many more blocks per unit time, so they paid more per share.

If you want 0 variance, sign up for PPS.
Activity: 122
I Quantum Leap to different worlds when I sleep...
just look at the numbers and try to explain how everyone isn't getting screwed ? You Mad Bro cause you got EXPOSED!!!!!these are blocks paid a couple  days ago and today
Activity: 168
legendary
Eligius is quickly becoming the no#2 guild and it's nice to see  Grin I used to mine at BTCGUIld until i realized how they started shortening and screwing miners with Shorter 40 min rounds so winning Rounds paid out LEss and found less blocks!!I complained to the admin there and he then tried to say time doesn't matter on rounds? and that's complete BS longer rounds =more shares and a winning round will Pay more! they then changed back to longer rounds after i complained only to shorten the pay on winning Blocks! Unreal and grimy!! talk about greed! as if their 3% and 7% fees they charge isn't enough? I put the word out and now tell everyone to come here! thanks for running a honest setup whiz the community Needs more people Like you!!!! keep up the good work long Live Eligius!!!

You don't really understand bitcoin mining yet, do you? Well, don't let it get you down - just do a lot more reading! Smiley
You must be the admin for BTc Roll Eyes I understand it PERFECTLY if I do a round with 150000 shares in 50 min and it pays .0000000154 per share as opposed to a short round with 115000 shares at the same rate thats LESS MONEy Math doesn't Lie!!!!! maybe you don't understand Math? Go back to school TROLL! and go look at the numbers they just lowered the pay for winning Blocks 15 Blocks found in a round don't even equal full PPS RATE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF but of course the person scamming is not going to admit that! that would take a real MAN something your NOT! thats why BTC just FELL HERES PICTURE PROOF DUMB ASS!!

Yeah corti, you dumb ass. Why don't you understand the maths!?! This proof is irrefutable.
Eligius is quickly becoming the no#2 guild and it's nice to see  Grin I used to mine at BTCGUIld until i realized how they started shortening and screwing miners with Shorter 40 min rounds so winning Rounds paid out LEss and found less blocks!!I complained to the admin there and he then tried to say time doesn't matter on rounds? and that's complete BS longer rounds =more shares and a winning round will Pay more! they then changed back to longer rounds after i complained only to shorten the pay on winning Blocks! Unreal and grimy!! talk about greed! as if their 3% and 7% fees they charge isn't enough? I put the word out and now tell everyone to come here! thanks for running a honest setup whiz the community Needs more people Like you!!!! keep up the good work long Live Eligius!!!

You don't really understand bitcoin mining yet, do you? Well, don't let it get you down - just do a lot more reading! Smiley
You must be the admin for BTc Roll Eyes I understand it PERFECTLY if I do a round with 150000 shares in 50 min and it pays .0000000154 per share as opposed to a short round with 115000 shares at the same rate thats LESS MONEy Math doesn't Lie!!!!! maybe you don't understand Math? Go back to school TROLL! and go look at the numbers they just lowered the pay for winning Blocks 15 Blocks found in a round don't even equal full PPS RATE RIPPING PEOPLE OFF but of course the person scamming is not going to admit that! that would take a real MAN something your NOT! thats why BTC just FELL HERES PICTURE PROOF DUMB ASS!!
donator
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007
Poor impulse control.

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Hello Using mining proxy.exe with my blades and setting them to mine at eligius.

heres my stats page.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1FpiUoxGTbTqrqqHEC2AvMHgextdrCDdCd

My mining_proxy window looks like its getting difficulty 3 work for all of them. i set up each blade/cube as its own worker and im wondering if eligius will automatically raise the difficulty.

Been watching it for a while now and it hasnt gone up from 3 but my bfgminer running my icefury asics is automatically raised itself up.

let me know what i can do to change this. PM me if you have the answer or just post here thanks

Also, try using the "-rt" switch with mining_proxy.exe
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
When I was running blades I used bfgminer as the proxy for this pool. Worked great. You might try that.

Activity: 447
Merit: 250
Hello Using mining proxy.exe with my blades and setting them to mine at eligius.

heres my stats page.

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1FpiUoxGTbTqrqqHEC2AvMHgextdrCDdCd

My mining_proxy window looks like its getting difficulty 3 work for all of them. i set up each blade/cube as its own worker and im wondering if eligius will automatically raise the difficulty.

Been watching it for a while now and it hasnt gone up from 3 but my bfgminer running my icefury asics is automatically raised itself up.

let me know what i can do to change this. PM me if you have the answer or just post here thanks
My blades do the same thing with my proxy connecting here.  I have another instance of mining_proxy.exe running for my jala's or they end up with 3 or 4 work difficulty also.  When I run the jala's first, the difficulty rises fine.  As soon as I attach the blades, it all runs 3 and will not increase.  Now I have one proxy for blades and another proxy for everything else.

On my backup server pool, I do not have this problem with that proxy, the blades run fine with the other asics and difficulty increases properly.
Activity: 397
Merit: 350

heres my stats page.

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
I got Satoshi's avatar!
I just wanted to find out what happens to old addresses no longer used for mining? Do their balances get distributed to the pool after a certain amount of time?

I'm just asking because I was mining on 2 separate addresses and have moved to one address after finding out how to register different workers on tone account and have an outstanding balance on the old address.

I know from the support page that it's not possible to have shares moved from one account to another, but I would like to donate the balance to the site admin instead. Is it possible to sign a message with the address to allow the transfer of the shares to the site admin or the pool or will that happen automatically after a certain period of time?

Also you can check the info page for the old address. It should give you an estimate of when it will be paid based on being idle.

Aha, thanks, the stats haven't dropped down to idle on the 3hr hashrate yet so I wasn't sure... have patience I guess Wink

EDIT: Updated message from website:
If you remain inactive, and the pool does not pay towards any of your shelved shares, then your less than 0.00131072 BTC balance will remain unpaid and donated to the pool in approximately 1 month, 4 weeks, 1 day and 10 hours. If you are concerned about this small balance you should mine until your balance is greater than 0.00131072 BTC.

Question answered... consider it my gift to the pool  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I just wanted to find out what happens to old addresses no longer used for mining? Do their balances get distributed to the pool after a certain amount of time?

I'm just asking because I was mining on 2 separate addresses and have moved to one address after finding out how to register different workers on tone account and have an outstanding balance on the old address.

I know from the support page that it's not possible to have shares moved from one account to another, but I would like to donate the balance to the site admin instead. Is it possible to sign a message with the address to allow the transfer of the shares to the site admin or the pool or will that happen automatically after a certain period of time?

Also you can check the info page for the old address. It should give you an estimate of when it will be paid based on being idle.
I got Satoshi's avatar!

No. It will be paid out after some time.
Thanks for the prompt reply... I'll make a donation separately then... I just didn't want them to go to waste Wink
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186

No. It will be paid out after some time.
I got Satoshi's avatar!

Activity: 24
Merit: 0
I haven't gotten paid out :/. Please pay out, I need to sell locally!

Did this help?
Pages:
Jump to: