Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 30. (Read 458150 times)

Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
What i really see - on WK pool accumulated more than 2 000 000$ our rewards, statistics still don't work, time to repair still don't introduced, it's facts. Some people says - he's a great man and don't steal your money, sorry i don't know him, i don't know this people but i know about HYIP, i know about pools who steal money !

You obviously don't work in IT, so you can't know that sometimes something simple turns in to an epic clusterfuck.  This seems to be one of those times.

Activity: 493
Merit: 500
WK, thanks for taking the time to keep us updated. Looking forward to once again bathing in the sweet, sweet pale green glow of my miners' stats graph.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
There's a lot of arm waving and running around in circles in this thread.  It's only the stats dammit.  We're getting live-time updates.  There's only one other pool I can think of that has such open reporting of what's going on, and that's BTCGuild.

What i really see - on WK pool accumulated more than 2 000 000$ our rewards, statistics still don't work, time to repair still don't introduced, it's facts. Some people says - he's a great man and don't steal your money, sorry i don't know him, i don't know this people but i know about HYIP, i know about pools who steal money !
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501
There's a lot of arm waving and running around in circles in this thread.  It's only the stats dammit.  We're getting live-time updates.  There's only one other pool I can think of that has such open reporting of what's going on, and that's BTCGuild.

Activity: 33
still not working on stats. i guess it's not gona back to normal on next 12+H,I gave up of this pool.

Hey man! The guy IS working constantly on stats to get the problem fixed, don't you read the posts?

The pool is working and is accepting shares as always. And if you read the posts and track the things done, you'd know the stats are going to be up soon.
Activity: 12
I suspect we're talking almost negligible numbers here too as far as miners are concerned.

If , hypothetically, the fee was 0.3%, this represents;
1)  A not insignificant income to WK (As this stands at the mo approx 6TH of gross income)
2)  An insignificant impact on miners revenue

There could potentially be a tiered fee system too (To account for the effort required to fix a problem if a miner is sending 1gh or 100th, are pretty much the same.  So a lower fee %  the more hash rate you are sending to the pool, based on an average period or whatever).

I don't have a problem someone being rewarded for their hard work, and providing a valuable (profitable) service..
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
Just an anecdote of "trust" here;
I moved from BTCGuild to Eligius DURING the db problems.....I'm not worried

Just a thought WK....what % pool fee would you have to charge to make it your "full time job"?
I suspect the vast majority of significant miners would stay even if you did charge a fee.....

I'm down with this idea. So far, in my limited experience, Eligius has been the easiest to use AND the most profitable. Granted, that is very limited experience, but still...

I guess I just like Whizkid's style. I'd pay a fee.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
I'm not worried at all neither. Wizkid has proved many times he is completely trustworthy.
Activity: 12
Just an anecdote of "trust" here;
I moved from BTCGuild to Eligius DURING the db problems.....I'm not worried

Just a thought WK....what % pool fee would you have to charge to make it your "full time job"?
I suspect the vast majority of significant miners would stay even if you did charge a fee.....
Activity: 6
still not working on stats. i guess it's not gona back to normal on next 12+H,I gave up of this pool.
Activity: 31
thank you for constant updates and great work
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Finally, data is flowing.

From CPPSRB: Processing @ 18614479.51132 GH/sec (1966080 shares [264375296 pd1] in 61 seconds)

Assuming all goes well, CPPSRB should be caught up within the next 5-6 hours.

WWW/Stats replication is another story.  That is running pretty slowly.  I will see what I can do to speed up the process, but its looking like 12+ hours on full catch up right now. Undecided

-wk
Activity: 619
Thanks for the hard work and the updates.
Looking forward seeing the pool running again.
Activity: 630
0.03BTC tip sent.  4778960244d2c94a698b2f8eee27cd7c11e628f8a46242da97081b3cac725328
legendary
Still working on the database.  Undecided

Hit a few minor snags with out of order data somehow.  Working on getting that corrected.  Nothing missing, just some data out of order it seems.

-wk
Activity: 5
But I do think it's  fair question to wonder why anyone would spend tens of thousands of their own money, and 12 hour days to support something for free.

You, my friend, were probably not mining when 1 BTC wasn't even traded for 25 cents Cheesy

And you would be correct.   But I was involved in the Internet and the building of it during the days of 300bph modems, so I suppose it all evens out.

I made a comment to my wife the other day.   "I got into bitcoins because it looks like a fun hobby that I might be able to make a little bit of money at,  but now it's turning into a job".  

This was after receiving pages that my bitcoin workers had gone offline and I was remoting in while on vacation.   I suppose I could have ignored it,  but I'm now at more than pocket change per day in mining and I just can't bear to let my miners go idle.

Frankly,  I think that Whizkid SHOULD charge a fee for the pool.   I believe that people that provide a good service and product should be paid for their efforts.  I'm just puzzled why he doesn't that's all.    

So you don't set up a failover in case something like this happens? You would think someone who was "involved in the Internet and the building of it" would think to have a backup pool setup.

I do.  Why would you think I don't have a failover?  Failover's don't help much when a breaker trips.

In any event, I wasn't asking for tech support.   Just trying to illustrate a point. shrug.

You haven't heard of automatic breaker reset? (I call it "My best friend with a key to my house plan")

E
Activity: 26
But I do think it's  fair question to wonder why anyone would spend tens of thousands of their own money, and 12 hour days to support something for free.

You, my friend, were probably not mining when 1 BTC wasn't even traded for 25 cents Cheesy

And you would be correct.   But I was involved in the Internet and the building of it during the days of 300bph modems, so I suppose it all evens out.

I made a comment to my wife the other day.   "I got into bitcoins because it looks like a fun hobby that I might be able to make a little bit of money at,  but now it's turning into a job".  

This was after receiving pages that my bitcoin workers had gone offline and I was remoting in while on vacation.   I suppose I could have ignored it,  but I'm now at more than pocket change per day in mining and I just can't bear to let my miners go idle.

Frankly,  I think that Whizkid SHOULD charge a fee for the pool.   I believe that people that provide a good service and product should be paid for their efforts.  I'm just puzzled why he doesn't that's all.    

So you don't set up a failover in case something like this happens? You would think someone who was "involved in the Internet and the building of it" would think to have a backup pool setup.

I do.  Why would you think I don't have a failover?  Failover's don't help much when a breaker trips.

In any event, I wasn't asking for tech support.   Just trying to illustrate a point. shrug.
legendary
OK, all servers are back up and running using the new database server setup for share logging!

They are also now patched against the DDoS that started this fiasco in the first place.  Unfortunately this has some minor stats implications, but I'll get to that later.

Now I need to sort the live data with the little bit of failsafe data logged in the time between the index creation and present in order to fire up CPPSRB and replication.

Man this has been a long road...

-wk
Activity: 60
Merit: 10
WZ,

I'm new to mining (but not new to lurking on this forum) and have been experimenting with different pools for the last few weeks, including this one.  I have been using Eligius for the bulk of the last few days and have been impressed with the regular updates and obvious time commitment you've made to the pool. Won't be pointing my miners any place but Eligius from here on out. Thanks again.

Activity: 73
Merit: 10
Taking longer than expected to get all of the servers back to logging into the database.  Still working on it.

As a long term user of the Eligius pool, I wanted to say I appreciate your efforts. Thanks.
Pages:
Jump to: