Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 32. (Read 458150 times)

Activity: 407
Merit: 250
Ok, so, progress!

The emergency share log is now in the new database and it is now doing its final sort so that I can fire up CPPSRB again.

I'm not sure how long this is going to take, unfortunately, but it shouldn't take forever.  On the old server something similar took about 7 hours using lots of hard disk seeking.  Should be much faster on this new machine.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Again, thank you everyone for the support!

-wk

very good job...thank you!!
Activity: 407
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Ok, so, progress!

The emergency share log is now in the new database and it is now doing its final sort so that I can fire up CPPSRB again.

I'm not sure how long this is going to take, unfortunately, but it shouldn't take forever.  On the old server something similar took about 7 hours using lots of hard disk seeking.  Should be much faster on this new machine.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

Again, thank you everyone for the support!

-wk
Activity: 220
Merit: 100
I've only been mining with Eligius a few months...  Although he definitely seems like an up-standing guy, I can understand some people's trepidation when the pool goes down for more than a few hours.  That being said, is there any way to know what your payout should be when the pool goes back up other than just estimating based on prior payouts?  

BTW, thanks for your efforts WK.  I'm not too concerned personally, since a day or two of payouts isn't much for my measly 300 gh/s contributions  Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.

Ok, software, server or DDoS collision, thats sounds better ? I talk only my opinion about that situation, situation looks like scam, smell like scam, etc. IMHO.

A very humble opinion. Like bugs are humble. And mud is humble.

Exercise your humility and keep your opinion to yourself during this time. WK doesn't need to waste effort on humble minds opinions. This outage has been handled professionally and there is no one who has put any amount of effort into reading the history of this pool who would doubt the effort occurring right now to bring the stats back online.

Yes, that outage is professionally handled. IYKWIM.

Wz doesn't charge a pool fee, and I think for that and other reasons, he deserves quite a bit slack here.

If you don't like it, there are other pools out there. Lots of pools have had database problems and delayed payouts. This is nothing new.

Lets move along and let the man do his work without whining about it.

Ok, ok i just tell you my opinion. But payouts still not work. My BTC still not in my wallet.

FWIW, I did switch pools while Whizkid is getting this straight. I was gonna anyway, because I'm testing out a miner that I was given for that purpose, and I figure one less thing hanging it up. I'm coming back. I make less on BTCguild, by rather a lot.

That being said, do read before posting. It makes you look like an idiot when you don't. Whizkid already said he was going to do a massive manual payout WHEN the problem was solved. So of course it's not paying out right now. The part that calculates the payout is frozen up while he fixes it. This is NOT rocket science. Hell, it's basic accounting. yeah, 48 hours is frustrating. So? The guy is fixing it. Just like he's fixed everything that has gone wrong with this pool so far. There are a lot of components to a successful pool, forum, whatever. I've run BBS's back in the day, and you almost always have at least two pieces of software that hate each other, which you have to mediate (often with yet another 'ware, which creates yet another possible point of failure). This involves money, so you have to be much more cautious. Quick fixes on something involving money always wind up biting you in the ass.

Whizkid, ignore this idiot. From here on out, I am. Looking forward to the faster server, and my miner will be pointing here again shortly.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

Ok, software, server or DDoS collision, thats sounds better ? I talk only my opinion about that situation, situation looks like scam, smell like scam, etc. IMHO.

Exercise your humility and keep your opinion to yourself during this time. WK doesn't need to waste effort on humble minds opinions. This outage has been handled professionally and there is no one who has put any amount of effort into reading the history of this pool who would doubt the effort occurring right now to bring the stats back online.

Wz doesn't charge a pool fee, and I think for that and other reasons, he deserves quite a bit slack here.

If you don't like it, there are other pools out there. Lots of pools have had database problems and delayed payouts. This is nothing new.

Ok, ok i just tell you my opinion. But payouts still not work. My BTC still not in my wallet.

So as before he fixed it and you'll get it, so your just complaining about the wait then? So unless someone here can change the law of physics and make it run faster to restore the information and kick off payments quicker - you'll just need to wait. We're all in the same boat, he's already said nothing will be lost, so just keep on mining and you'll get it shortly.

Seriously, the least he could do is upgrade the server. Oh wait. He did that for use already.
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

So as before he fixed it and you'll get it, so your just complaining about the wait then? So unless someone here can change the law of physics and make it run faster to restore the information and kick off payments quicker - you'll just need to wait. We're all in the same boat, he's already said nothing will be lost, so just keep on mining and you'll get it shortly.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Data still importing and sorting...

I reckon it is wizz'es girlfriend that is being scammed, just another half hour dear, then I will see to you, honest  Grin

Yep, she's actually getting quite pissed at me at this point Undecided
Activity: 529
Merit: 501

legendary
Bla... bla... bla... pool still not pay.

3 hours. You came up with that figure based on your extensive knowledge of...?

So somebody talk about infinite time to wait and 2 BTC but in infinite i never win, because of it 3 hour. Why want to take bet ?

Ahhh, [ DO NOT POST SESC LINKS ]there[/url] it is.

Activity: 237
Merit: 100

So somebody talk about infinite time to wait and 2 BTC but in infinite i never win, because of it 3 hour. Why want to take bet ?

legendary
in HYIP i don't have any doubt about scam, but i know eligius is not HYIP, so 50/50...

I smell a bet!

I propose we each put in 1 BTC.

If you win (Eligius never comes back up and this is a scam), you get my 1 BTC.

If I win (Eligius comes back up and continues normal operation), I donate your 1 BTC to the pool.

If you accept, we'll both send 1 BTC to escrow.

Would it be unfair if I also wanted to wager for Eligius coming back? Cheesy

lol, Reyhs, who's sock puppet are you anyway?

Anyway, forum trolls aside, update on progress:

Data is importing into the new database server.  Its working well so far, pretty speedy.  Still a lot of data to move and organize.  As soon as the shares database has enough data to move forward I'm going to fire up CPPSRB to start some accounting on the data, since that will take a few hours at best and I should be able to finish the imports before it completes or gets close to the end of the data.

-wk

At now i see only two lost days and unknown time to start, day, week, month ? But somebody may still mining here, not me... Than if you so good as talk here - stop the pool and return when all is work because work on pool without statistics and payouts not right.

Because it's keeping track of everything just fine, and it would be a pain in my ass for him to shut the pool down, not to mention costly having to run on pools with fees. Are you going to take the 1BTC bet or are you just a troll?

If here is a scam i lose more than 1 BTC, but i don't want to lose anything, that mens NO. So you not troll, but pool not payout right now. I give him 3 hours, if pool didn't work properly they totally means scam because 48+ hours is taken for repair. But it's not bet.

legendary
I go to BTC from some HYIP project where i lost 33000$ last year. It's not trolling, just my opinion - eligius have 300 BTC on credit before database collision, now after 30+ blocks more than 1 000 000 dollars on credit... IMHO, it's scam already, you just give him more and more and more !
Seriously?  You're going to try and accuse the most open of all of the mining pools of being a scam? I literally lol'd.  

I reckon it is wizz'es girlfriend that is being scammed, just another half hour dear, then I will see to you, honest  Grin

Now that made me lol
Activity: 252
I go to BTC from some HYIP project where i lost 33000$ last year. It's not trolling, just my opinion - eligius have 300 BTC on credit before database collision, now after 30+ blocks more than 1 000 000 dollars on credit... IMHO, it's scam already, you just give him more and more and more !
Seriously?  You're going to try and accuse the most open of all of the mining pools of being a scam? I literally lol'd.  

I reckon it is wizz'es girlfriend that is being scammed, just another half hour dear, then I will see to you, honest  Grin
in HYIP i don't have any doubt about scam, but i know eligius is not HYIP, so 50/50...

I smell a bet!

I propose we each put in 1 BTC.

If you win (Eligius never comes back up and this is a scam), you get my 1 BTC.

If I win (Eligius comes back up and continues normal operation), I donate your 1 BTC to the pool.

If you accept, we'll both send 1 BTC to escrow.

Would it be unfair if I also wanted to wager for Eligius coming back? Cheesy

lol, Reyhs, who's sock puppet are you anyway?

Anyway, forum trolls aside, update on progress:

Data is importing into the new database server.  Its working well so far, pretty speedy.  Still a lot of data to move and organize.  As soon as the shares database has enough data to move forward I'm going to fire up CPPSRB to start some accounting on the data, since that will take a few hours at best and I should be able to finish the imports before it completes or gets close to the end of the data.

-wk

At now i see only two lost days and unknown time to start, day, week, month ? But somebody may still mining here, not me... Than if you so good as talk here - stop the pool and return when all is work because work on pool without statistics and payouts not right.

Because it's keeping track of everything just fine, and it would be a pain in my ass for him to shut the pool down, not to mention costly having to run on pools with fees. Are you going to take the 1BTC bet or are you just a troll?

If here is a scam i lose more than 1 BTC, but i don't want to lose anything, that mens NO. So you not troll, but pool not payout right now. I give him 3 hours, if pool didn't work properly they totally means scam because 48+ hours is taken for repair. But it's not bet.
Activity: 280
Merit: 261
New In Town...
I haven't heard anything from him.  I'm guessing he's just a silly troll.
legendary
My escrow offer remains for 10 more mins, then I gotta go to sleep. I imagine this is a simple troll though  Cheesy

I'll triple up your offer, troll: put up your 1BTC that Eligius is a scam, I'll put up 2BTC that it's 100% legit.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
My escrow offer remains for 10 more mins, then I gotta go to sleep. I imagine this is a simple troll though  Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: