Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 76. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
I'm also seeeing a big drop in reward. And for the first time i'm almost at 100% shares rewarded.....

In the last couple of weeks, Eligius has gone from a pool of about 225 TH/s to a pool of ~500 TH/s.

As the hashrate of the pool increases, your individual share of the pool will decrease unless you add hashrate proportional to the growth of the pool.

Therefore, as the pool grows, your individual payout per-block will drop, unless you increase your hash power, as above.

However, since the pool's overall hashpower has increased, the pool will find more blocks - and the increase in blocks * your new smaller payout per-block will even out, and your overall payout per day should not be significantly different - and the variance in your payout should be less - that is, your payout should be more predictable in a given time frame.

If you are finding that you are actually making less BTC per day, then there may be a problem - but it is expected that you will see a smaller per-block payout as the pool grows larger.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
Anyone else's hashrate randomly drop? It's killing me. BFGminer showing lots of (unknown work).
Activity: 281
Merit: 250
I'm also seeeing a big drop in reward. And for the first time i'm almost at 100% shares rewarded.....
Activity: 31
Merit: 0
What 's going on??? Am I the only miner with that issue???

Nope. My block rewards used to be ~ +0.01700000 BTC Now its @ +0.00330063 BTC and i have 100% shaes rewarded. Something wrong
Activity: 17
I am not sure I understand quiet well the answer.
25 blocks were found since my last payment. My network share is about 0.24% during that period so I can expect a current outstanding balance of 25blocks*25btc*0.0024=1.5 btc. My balance is only 0.58Btc so what is wrong with my calculation.
Thanks for your time Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Received last payment at 12:19 PM today but since then Eligius found 24 blocks and my User stats Page indicates each block brings me only 0.0225 BTC. I own about 0.00245% of the pool so each block should get me something closer to 0.061BTC. What 's going on??? Am I the only miner with that issue???
0.02245 * 25 BTC = 0.56125 BTC
Estimated Change:   +0.05160145 BTC
Activity: 17
Am I missing something???
Received last payment at 12:19 PM today but since then Eligius found 24 blocks and my User stats Page indicates each block brings me only 0.0225 BTC. I own about 0.00245% of the pool so each block should get me something closer to 0.061BTC. What 's going on??? Am I the only miner with that issue???

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/userstats.php/1AeKpG55tgrzTw5jgQynEGsLe8QCPnGpmH

Thanks for the help. Shocked
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
Web server down for a moment.  Mining is fine.  No shares lost, as per usual.

Stats will be caught up shortly and I'll put the webserver back online.
Not true. Some miners not connect to eligius, mean Bitfury miners. Did not receive job = 0 Gh/s.
I try different address, config, manual restart. Nothing work. Is a recurrent problem, which I reported and others here. Unfortunately, we received no reply. But if the other pool operates without such problems, I'm not going to continue to suffer.
Finally I get all my miners move to ghash.io and old good Slush as failover.
Thx wizkid for all hard work, but I don't have time still watching the pool alive.

I was having a hell of a time earlier trying to connect using pool url stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334
which I had been using fine for long period of time. Switched it to stratum+tcp://stratum.mining.eligius.st:3334
and now works fine again. Weird..
Activity: 259
Dig your freedom
Web server down for a moment.  Mining is fine.  No shares lost, as per usual.

Not true. Some miners not connect to eligius, mean Bitfury miners. Did not receive job = 0 Gh/s.
I try different address, config, manual restart. Nothing work. Is a recurrent problem, which I reported and others here. Unfortunately, we received no reply. But if the other pool operates without such problems, I'm not going to continue to suffer.
Finally I get all my miners move to ghash.io and old good Slush as failover.
Thx wizkid for all hard work, but I don't have time still watching the pool alive.

donator
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1060
between a rock and a block!
Web server down for a moment.  Mining is fine.  No shares lost, as per usual.

Actually, some mining connections are having a problem...
Activity: 223
Merit: 100
Can I somehow override my difficulty at the pool?
I am running a KNC Jupiter with avg hashrate of 480 GHash/s but it seems there are faulty cores and eligius shows only 400Ghahs/s.
So I am trying to tweak it now.

ALL (5s):495.6G (avg):489.2Gh/s | A:4984009  R:35710  HW:1708797  WU:7647.5/m
KnC 0:                | 495.1G/489.2Gh/s | A:4983247 R:35710 HW:1708387 WU: 7647.7/m

Will lowering difficulty from 127 to 63 help mitigate HW errors?

You have insane hardware error rate.
As for diff setting - in fact I would set it to 256

In case someone else has underperforming jupiter then:

Firmware 0.98 cured error rate and jupiter is now hashing as advertised.
Also there was a foil under one heatsink which I removed.
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Web server down for a moment.  Mining is fine.  No shares lost, as per usual.

Activity: 771
Merit: 258
Trident Protocol | Simple «buy-hold-earn» system!
Yes, I get "502 Bad Gateway", and noted that stats were not updating since 11:37AM for all my machines. Interested to hear an update, don't really want to switch out unless I have to.
Activity: 462
can someone call them?
Website is down for me too
Activity: 62
I got the same "502 Bad Gateway" error msg. Was able to have tech support check my hosted miner and it is still submitting shares, so I will leave my maching pointing at Eligius for a while more, but I hope to see a response from wizkid soon Smiley
When I go to my account I get "502 Bad Gateway."  My miner is still going, will the shares still count or am I putting BTC in someone else's pocket?

If you see shares in your miner then they still count. Though I wish I was able to connect like you do. Been getting submission failure for the past one week. Can go for 12 hours now and then without problem at times. Maybe something with KNC's new 0.98 firmware but it's strange that it fails after hours on.

Could it be the mining software you're using?  I'm on a mac and with the OS update, CGminer stopped working and had to use BFGMiner (through macminer).  CGminer wasn't able to see the Miner drivers anymore, don't know what happened there but I don't care cuz macminer works.  Try different software.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
When I go to my account I get "502 Bad Gateway."  My miner is still going, will the shares still count or am I putting BTC in someone else's pocket?

If you see shares in your miner then they still count. Though I wish I was able to connect like you do. Been getting submission failure for the past one week. Can go for 12 hours now and then without problem at times. Maybe something with KNC's new 0.98 firmware but it's strange that it fails after hours on.

Activity: 66
And thanks for all the fish
Is eligius.st down?

I am getting a 502 Bad Gateway trying to access the site
Activity: 38
I'm getting a signature fails while trying to update configurable options where I had been able to make changes the past couple of days.

Interestingly, I tried restarting bitcoin-Qt to see if that would help and recieved a warning about my system date and time being set correctly (which of course it is).

I'm wondering if some layer in the update configuration transaction is not handling the daylight savings time switch correctly.  Thoughts?
Pages:
Jump to: