Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 71. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006
Is the pool down again?

My cgminer keeps stopping with a message that it is waiting for work to become available.  I've moved back to slush until I can be sure that I'll actually be hashing and not just waiting for work.

No pool issues that I am aware of.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Is the pool down again?

My cgminer keeps stopping with a message that it is waiting for work to become available.  I've moved back to slush until I can be sure that I'll actually be hashing and not just waiting for work.

No issues here.
Activity: 278
Is the pool down again?

legendary
@wizkid057
Is there any way to look how old is the most recent shelved share?
By using API or so.

Not currently.  Actually, not even I can do that easily.  The share log itself is optimized.  It has no timestamping, so, no easy way to know how old a share is.  Its just there waiting to be paid.

I may eventually add some mechanism to do this, though.

-wk

Well, then maybe you can know the round which this share is from? Smiley

Nope, the only real pieces of data associated with a share in the share log are the user_id, share value.  (There is other data but its just security related...).  And no, I cant use the share value to determine anything because it is stored as a % of block subsidy and could be from any difficulty share.
Interesting system you have there.
And share log is ordered by share_id, right?

Btw, the amazing luck streak today. Combined with high txfees it even more awesome Cheesy

There is a database id in the postgresql database tagged to each share, but, the index in the actual share log changes regularly (as paid shares are pruned and such).  The share log goes back in time further than the full postgres database, which is periodically archived and pruned.
Activity: 400
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery
Love the no registration/no fee pool. Keep up the great work WK.
I'll gladly take the student moniker in this incredible field of work.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
My issue: CampBX has started killing addresses after a week, Guess they don't like miner outputs. As a new Eligius Miner, My first day was run using CampBx. I stopped, and redirected output to a static address. But now final payout (commencing after 7 days) will be to a "deleted" CampBx address. It's not much but still...

It may be a dumb question but I must ask, is there a way to redirect these final payouts?  Since the Miners are I.D.d, can we request old output from said miner, be sent to current output for said miner?

I can't find anything poking around Eligius menus.
Willingly studying under experts as I pursue my Btc Phd.  Smiley

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/mystats.php?u=YOUR_OLD_BITCOIN_ADDRESS_HERE&storecookie=on

Then "change mining address".
That won't work...
Is there a solution for this? To change your mining address and redirect your already mined coins to another, while continuing to mine on the new address?
The inputs.io situation just keeps getting worse. A total effing loss....

Unfortunately not.  Eligius is setup in such a way that the share log can't be easily altered after the fact, not even by me.  This is one of many security measures on Eligius.  It would take a substantial coding effort to parse the share log and modify your shares to go to a different address, and there are many other things that need to be coded first that do not degrade security.

Sorry.
Glad to hear of the implemented security measures. Thank you for your response & keep up the good work.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1009
@wizkid057
By using API or so.

Not currently.  Actually, not even I can do that easily.  The share log itself is optimized.  It has no timestamping, so, no easy way to know how old a share is.  Its just there waiting to be paid.

-wk

Nope, the only real pieces of data associated with a share in the share log are the user_id, share value.  (There is other data but its just security related...).  And no, I cant use the share value to determine anything because it is stored as a % of block subsidy and could be from any difficulty share.
Interesting system you have there.
And share log is ordered by share_id, right?

Btw, the amazing luck streak today. Combined with high txfees it even more awesome Cheesy
legendary
@wizkid057
By using API or so.

-wk

legendary
@wizkid057
By using API or so.

-wk

legendary
@wizkid057
By using API or so.

-wk

legendary
@wizkid057
By using API or so.
legendary
My issue: CampBX has started killing addresses after a week, Guess they don't like miner outputs. As a new Eligius Miner, My first day was run using CampBx. I stopped, and redirected output to a static address. But now final payout (commencing after 7 days) will be to a "deleted" CampBx address. It's not much but still...

It may be a dumb question but I must ask, is there a way to redirect these final payouts?  Since the Miners are I.D.d, can we request old output from said miner, be sent to current output for said miner?

Willingly studying under experts as I pursue my Btc Phd.  Smiley

http://eligius.st/~wizkid057/newstats/mystats.php?u=YOUR_OLD_BITCOIN_ADDRESS_HERE&storecookie=on

That won't work...
Is there a solution for this? To change your mining address and redirect your already mined coins to another, while continuing to mine on the new address?

Unfortunately not.  Eligius is setup in such a way that the share log can't be easily altered after the fact, not even by me.  This is one of many security measures on Eligius.  It would take a substantial coding effort to parse the share log and modify your shares to go to a different address, and there are many other things that need to be coded first that do not degrade security.

Sorry.
Scanning yes, but for a wallet.dat file and other potential wallets. I get lots of attempts as well but never for my wallet before.

They're just checking your web server to see if you're crazy enough to leave a copy of your wallet on there.  Nothing to worry about.  Script kiddies will be script kiddies...

Yeah I know and I realize I'm overreacting to something that really doesn't mean much. Just as mb300sd said I get hit thousands of times a day with silly attempts, I was just really surprised to see that in my log. Is anyone actually dumb enough to keep a copy of their wallet in there anyway? With all that said I can only imagine the amount of crap you have to deal with running this pool. Thanks...

Edit: On another note has anyone noticed the 7 day moving average of the total BitCoin network hashing power has been basically flat? The total network speed is the same today as it was 6 days ago. Are we finally getting a hiccup in the growth?
Activity: 400
the sun is shining, but the ice is still slippery

It may be a dumb question but I must ask, is there a way to redirect these final payouts?  Since the Miners are I.D.d, can we request old output from said miner, be sent to current output for said miner?

Willingly studying under experts as I pursue my Btc Phd.  Smiley

That won't work...
legendary
Scanning yes, but for a wallet.dat file and other potential wallets. I get lots of attempts as well but never for my wallet before.

They're just checking your web server to see if you're crazy enough to leave a copy of your wallet on there.  Nothing to worry about.  Script kiddies will be script kiddies...
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
Another .1%!  Shocked Shocked

This luck is awesome.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
I know this isn't the proper place to post this but I mine at Eligius and didn't know where else to put it. I am running a server on my desktop, I checked my error logs and found this.... Along with a bunch of other errors, and they are trying as I type this to get in.The ip has been banned permanently.

[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/wallet.dat
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.bitcoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.litecoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.namecoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.novacoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.feathercoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.terracoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.ppcoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.primecoin

My wallet is offline so they can't get my wallet.dat file but look at this bullshit. I am reporting the ip to the proper authorities, but they are probably just a zombie. Anyone else running personal servers experiencing anything like this?

Looks like their just scanning you, my server gets about 10k login attempts a day.
I know this isn't the proper place to post this but I mine at Eligius and didn't know where else to put it. I am running a server on my desktop, I checked my error logs and found this.... Along with a bunch of other errors, and they are trying as I type this to get in.The ip has been banned permanently.

[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/wallet.dat
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.bitcoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.litecoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.namecoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.novacoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.feathercoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.terracoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.ppcoin
[Thu Nov 07 02:49:42 2013] [error] [client 205.207.165.210] File does not exist: /var/www/.primecoin

My wallet is offline so they can't get my wallet.dat file but look at this bullshit. I am reporting the ip to the proper authorities, but they are probably just a zombie. Anyone else running personal servers experiencing anything like this?

Activity: 67
Merit: 10
in next technological revolution i will be there
Hi wizkid057,

Can you please check what happen to a payment that i was suppose to receive today at 17:00 and i didnt get it? After this long wait of 10 hours finally finished I should had receive +- 0.48btc

I have confirm at blockchain that (for the first time) i did not receive it.

My Address is 1CMbvgJifX51udtxqicbKHnFaRR7cbuNRv

The graphic at Eligius indicates has "payed" but my address did not receive it.

Regards,

Thats because you didn't actually confirm with *the* blockchain, you probably used blockchain.info, which is currently broken and acting strangely.  Specifically, it is not showing all transactions when looking up an address.

Try blockexplorer.com... or import your address into a normal client.

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1CMbvgJifX51udtxqicbKHnFaRR7cbuNRv

Thank you for the explanation, you are righ the problem might be with blockchain.info i did check blockexplorer and the payment is there Cheesy

Thanks once again.
legendary
Hi wizkid057,

Can you please check what happen to a payment that i was suppose to receive today at 17:00 and i didnt get it? After this long wait of 10 hours finally finished I should had receive +- 0.48btc

I have confirm at blockchain that (for the first time) i did not receive it.

My Address is 1CMbvgJifX51udtxqicbKHnFaRR7cbuNRv

The graphic at Eligius indicates has "payed" but my address did not receive it.

Regards,

Thats because you didn't actually confirm with *the* blockchain, you probably used blockchain.info, which is currently broken and acting strangely.  Specifically, it is not showing all transactions when looking up an address.

Try blockexplorer.com... or import your address into a normal client.

http://blockexplorer.com/address/1CMbvgJifX51udtxqicbKHnFaRR7cbuNRv
Pages:
Jump to: