Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD] Eligius: ASIC, no registration, no fee CPPSRB BTC + 105% PPS NMC, 877 # - page 75. (Read 458255 times)

legendary
Activity: 1063
Merit: 1048
anyone got problem connecting the pools? my miners are all over place.... i check bfgminer and it seems "Request work update..." way too often.

btw, my hashrate on stats has shown quite a few dips today.

Something weird seems to be going on at the moment - Eligius seems convinced that my hashrate is roughly twice what it really is.  I'm not complaining Wink, but it definitely looks like something is wrong.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
anyone got problem connecting the pools? my miners are all over place.... i check bfgminer and it seems "Request work update..." way too often.

btw, my hashrate on stats has shown quite a few dips today.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1029
everytime I think I understand CPPSRBP something happens which confuses me.
Activity: 237
Merit: 100

ok i have checked some other accounts and am i right if i say that the stats are just showing wrong numbers right now?

i think so, would be nice to have some clarification from the wiz

The stats are fine... you've most likely just been paid in full.  (I'm not understanding how this is an issue for people...)

ok just for me maybe i was thinking wrong all the time. till now my thought was this: i'm 0.2189% from the pool. so i should earn 25*0,002189=~0.054725BTC from every block. i was payed last time today 05.11.13 12:50 CET.

and i think now is the point where i am wrong and i maybe dont understand the payout system right.

from the last time i get payed the pool has found around 18-20 blocks. so i was thinking till now that i should have earn at least around 0,98BTC. but as i can see i have earned 0.66BTC till now.

if i am wrong, and i think i am Smiley please enlighten me.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000
Drunk Posts
Mined almost 3 BTC today Grin been a long time since that's happened. Shelved went down a whole 1% Grin
legendary
Wow what a day, luck so good that I'm paid up to about 99.4%. Never thought I would get above 97%.
Activity: 547
Merit: 531
First bits: 12good

ok i have checked some other accounts and am i right if i say that the stats are just showing wrong numbers right now?

The stats are fine... you've most likely just been paid in full.  (I'm not understanding how this is an issue for people...)

All my miners are at 100% PPS what else can I want Smiley

Great work
legendary
Activity: 1223
Merit: 1006

Activity: 31
Merit: 0

legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1186
Hi WK,

can you implement a supposed PPS reward so we can compare our reward to the PPS reward system?

It also helps to show how your system fair up to PPS in long term.

That's what the % is (or Maximum Reward on the graph)
Activity: 237
Merit: 100
what happens to me? Sad

Unpaid Balance   Shares Rewarded
As of last block:   0.21138615 BTC   100.00%
Estimated Change:   +0.02334962 BTC   0.00%
Estimated Total:   0.23473577 BTC   100.00%

I usually have an estimated change of +0.055 to +0.061 with my 1TH/s  Shocked Shocked Shocked and there where just a few blocks found Sad Sad Sad

edit1:

and right now stats show me this  Shocked

As of last block:   0.23910752 BTC   100.00%
Estimated Change:   +0.00417519 BTC   0.00%
Estimated Total:   0.24328271 BTC   100.00%

edit2:

i'm still not reaching my usual estimated change. could someone explain me what happened? it's the first time i see such a behaviour.

edit3:

legendary
Wow, if I'm not mistaken, the recent luck has lead to payouts from shares mined when I had a much greater % of the pools hashpower, so I'm getting like 4x the amount I've been getting for the last few weeks/months? Is this how it works? Cos I'm raking it in!
Hi WK,

can you implement a supposed PPS reward so we can compare our reward to the PPS reward system?

It also helps to show how your system fair up to PPS in long term.
legendary
Its no cgminer issue but chainminer bundled in Bitfury rig.
Contrary to what you write cgminer in Avalon work without  problem Smiley I  reported a problem with the Bitfury (chainminer), no cgminer.
Restart stratum proxy in Bitfury rig did not help. Some times reboot RPi solve problem.

cgminer had a 1 out of 4 chance of being effected.

chainminer has been broken forever since it doesn't properly queue work when presented with relatively low difficulty work upon initial connection to Eligius.
Activity: 259
Dig your freedom
Web server down for a moment.  Mining is fine.  No shares lost, as per usual.

Stats will be caught up shortly and I'll put the webserver back online.
Actually, some mining connections are having a problem...
(and similar posts)

The issue seems to revolve around cgminer's proprietary implementation of how to handle a DNS response with multiple A records.  Current Eligius uses several IPs in a DNS round robin, but cgminer only tries one of them.  If one of the IPs has any issue (it happens) the expected behavior is to try another, which cgminer doesn't do.

At the time in question, one of the four IPs used for mining was not responding.

However, conman believes he has addressed this with cgminer 3.7.0.  Anyone using cgminer should probably upgrade.

Thanks again for mining Eligius! Smiley

-wk

Its no cgminer issue but chainminer bundled in Bitfury rig.
Contrary to what you write cgminer in Avalon work without  problem Smiley I  reported a problem with the Bitfury (chainminer), no cgminer.
Restart stratum proxy in Bitfury rig did not help. Some times reboot RPi solve problem.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 501

Anyone else's hashrate randomly drop? It's killing me. BFGminer showing lots of (unknown work).

I have had a few people report this issue, very rarely, over the past several months but have never been able to identify a cause.  If its able to be replicated perhaps you can get with Luke-Jr and try to figure out the problem. Undecided

I get it very rarely.  It's always when my ASICMiner Blades switch between mining directly to Eligius on Getwork and mining on Eligius through BFG's getwork proxy.  It usually sorts itself out after a 10-15 seconds.
legendary
I'm also seeeing a big drop in reward. And for the first time i'm almost at 100% shares rewarded.....

In the last couple of weeks, Eligius has gone from a pool of about 225 TH/s to a pool of ~500 TH/s.

As the hashrate of the pool increases, your individual share of the pool will decrease unless you add hashrate proportional to the growth of the pool.

Therefore, as the pool grows, your individual payout per-block will drop, unless you increase your hash power, as above.

However, since the pool's overall hashpower has increased, the pool will find more blocks - and the increase in blocks * your new smaller payout per-block will even out, and your overall payout per day should not be significantly different - and the variance in your payout should be less - that is, your payout should be more predictable in a given time frame.

If you are finding that you are actually making less BTC per day, then there may be a problem - but it is expected that you will see a smaller per-block payout as the pool grows larger.

This is all correct.  Thank you.

plus the fact that there are no stats to see the payout history to do a proper checking.

How do ppl still trust this pool?

The "Latest Payouts" section of the stats was disabled because its design was not scalable. You're welcome to take the time recode it, since I haven't had the time.  In the meantime, you can easily confirm your payouts with the blockchain itself or through blockchain.info or the like.  The data used for the latest payout list is also exposed in the Eligius API.

There are several miners who regularly use the API data to "audit" Eligius, and everything always checks out down the the satoshi.  You're welcome to do the same, its a completely public API.

I'll point out again that Eligius is the most transparent of all of the mining pools.  I'd be confused if anyone trusted another pool more than Eligius.

Anyone else's hashrate randomly drop? It's killing me. BFGminer showing lots of (unknown work).

I have had a few people report this issue, very rarely, over the past several months but have never been able to identify a cause.  If its able to be replicated perhaps you can get with Luke-Jr and try to figure out the problem. Undecided

Received last payment at 12:19 PM today but since then Eligius found 24 blocks and my User stats Page indicates each block brings me only 0.0225 BTC. I own about 0.00245% of the pool so each block should get me something closer to 0.061BTC. What 's going on??? Am I the only miner with that issue???
0.02245 * 25 BTC = 0.56125 BTC
Estimated Change:   +0.05160145 BTC
In the last couple of weeks, Eligius has gone from a pool of about 225 TH/s to a pool of ~500 TH/s.

As the hashrate of the pool increases, your individual share of the pool will decrease unless you add hashrate proportional to the growth of the pool.

Therefore, as the pool grows, your individual payout per-block will drop, unless you increase your hash power, as above.

You are very correct but how can you explain the following:

11 - 1AeKpG55tgrzTw5jgQynEGsLe8QCPnGpmH

As of last block:   0.42229832 BTC   100.00%
Estimated Change:   +0.01319422 BTC   0.00%
Estimated Total:   0.43549254 BTC   100.00%
Hashrate Average   Weighted Shares   12 hours   1,091.67 Gh/s   10980294   3 hours   1,100.33 Gh/s   2766848   22.5 minutes   1,047.39 Gh/s   329216   256 seconds   1,322.86 Gh/s   78849   128 seconds   1,364.06 Gh/s   40652

I own based on the 3 hours average 0.0023% of the network hash power or 0.0575 BTC per block and Eligius tells me the Estimated Change should be 0.0131. We are off by a factor close to 4 and this is the point I do not understand and I hope someone here can explain!!!

Thanks.

I think this person was expecting a proportional payout of each block?  Proportional payouts are flawed.  We don't use it.  We use a much more sane reward system.  See CPPSRB FAQ.

Web server down for a moment.  Mining is fine.  No shares lost, as per usual.

Stats will be caught up shortly and I'll put the webserver back online.
Actually, some mining connections are having a problem...
(and similar posts)

The issue seems to revolve around cgminer's proprietary implementation of how to handle a DNS response with multiple A records.  Current Eligius uses several IPs in a DNS round robin, but cgminer only tries one of them.  If one of the IPs has any issue (it happens) the expected behavior is to try another, which cgminer doesn't do.

At the time in question, one of the four IPs used for mining was not responding.

However, conman believes he has addressed this with cgminer 3.7.0.  Anyone using cgminer should probably upgrade.

Thanks again for mining Eligius! Smiley

-wk
Activity: 17
Merit: 0

You are very correct but how can you explain the following:

11 - 1AeKpG55tgrzTw5jgQynEGsLe8QCPnGpmH

As of last block:   0.42229832 BTC   100.00%
Estimated Change:   +0.01319422 BTC   0.00%
Estimated Total:   0.43549254 BTC   100.00%
Hashrate Average   Weighted Shares   12 hours   1,091.67 Gh/s   10980294   3 hours   1,100.33 Gh/s   2766848   22.5 minutes   1,047.39 Gh/s   329216   256 seconds   1,322.86 Gh/s   78849   128 seconds   1,364.06 Gh/s   40652

I own based on the 3 hours average 0.0023% of the network hash power or 0.0575 BTC per block and Eligius tells me the Estimated Change should be 0.0131. We are off by a factor close to 4 and this is the point I do not understand and I hope someone here can explain!!!

Thanks.
Activity: 281
Trust is something you earn , and Eligius did that for me.
Thank you guys at Eligius!
plus the fact that there are no stats to see the payout history to do a proper checking.

How do ppl still trust this pool?
Pages:
Jump to: