Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver - page 13. (Read 77071 times)

Activity: 490
Merit: 500
CTO - Silk Network

is reason enough for me to hold.

Dev: Make contact with polo and give them an update to prevent the delisting

thanks,
john

We have been in direct contact via email but to no avail. I don't think we are the only ones being put on the back burner by Poloniex.

But we do not want people to panic as we have a contingency and it's not costing 10BTC.
CTO - Silk Network
Silkcoin is an old coin that is being replaced and the old market was set to close, when it was going to happen, no one knew.

It might of happened back when the coin was just worth 50-100 satoshis, but it didn't.

To say the price is tanking, is far from the truth.

The market on Poloniex closing doesn't mean the value of your Silkcoin is worthless. Poloniex doesn't dictate the price of the Silkcoin in your hands, you do.

The value is intrinsic to its owner, not to mention that it does have a value, each and every coin is worth 1 new Silk(SLK).

When the new market opens, which it will, the existing holders of Silkcoin and the new users of Silk will set the value, which I am sure will start back at whatever we are at now or higher.

P.S. Do us all a favour Trak, sell you share.

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

thanks,
john

Delisting was already prevented over a year ago... with the promise of updates that never happened... dont remember?
    Pictures aren't enough to keep your shirt here.  Silkcoin will be worthless.

tanking - https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_silk
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\

thanks,
john
https://poloniex.com/exchange#btc_silk

seriously guys dont be stupid.  get out while you still can.  being a bagholder here makes no sense.  no exchange.  no coin
Poloniex announcement.  Shitty about the multiple failed launches.

On 9/5/2016, the following markets will be delisted: ABY, ADN, BITUSD, CNMT, DAO, DSH, FIBRE, FLT, GAP, GRS, HYP, IFC, LQD, MCN, MINT, MMC, MNTA, PIGGY, PTS, SILK, SWARM, WDC, XC, XCR, XPB, XUSD, YACC.

There have been ZERO failed launches and you know this, troll.

mmmhmmmmm
Activity: 545
There is next to zero chance that polo will list SLK after delisting SILK. Bittrex may be if the dev cough up 10 BTC listing fees.
Activity: 301
Merit: 250
Can you give me proof that SLK is going to listed on POLO or another exchange?
Activity: 476
SILK is going to be delisted from polo no matter what, since SLK will be released very soon to replace it. This is no surprise.
Activity: 476

On 9/5/2016, the following markets will be delisted: ABY, ADN, BITUSD, CNMT, DAO, DSH, FIBRE, FLT, GAP, GRS, HYP, IFC, LQD, MCN, MINT, MMC, MNTA, PIGGY, PTS, SILK, SWARM, WDC, XC, XCR, XPB, XUSD, YACC.

There have been ZERO failed launches and you know this, troll.

Seeing as though SILK will be worthless in the next couple weeks.  Why not start from scratch?  No exchanges to start except your weaver that probably pissed polo off enough to delist you, miners, and the fantastic tech you've been talking about for the last 2 years while trying to keep you block explorer up?  Ill throw some hash at a clean start.  Maybe yobit? or CCEX?  Bittrex aint gonna happen, and once out of polo aint never getting back in.

Sell your SILK folks.  Its over.  Try not to lose your $$$  Then lets start from ground zero.  Just like Dogecoin did.

You should have done what you were paid to do by Arteleis, Spencer. I do hope all your efforts are not at complete loss, but also hope that this entire community does not hold too closely the enigma you charmed out of the hands of the ones who created it; as it appears that will cost them the shirts off their backs.
   Goodluck Silkcoin. 

Seeing as though SILK will be worthless in the next couple weeks.  Why not start from scratch?  No exchanges to start except your weaver that probably pissed polo off enough to delist you, miners, and the fantastic tech you've been talking about for the last 2 years while trying to keep you block explorer up?  Ill throw some hash at a clean start.  Maybe yobit? or CCEX?  Bittrex aint gonna happen, and once out of polo aint never getting back in.

Sell your SILK folks.  Its over.  Try not to lose your $$$  Then lets start from ground zero.  Just like Dogecoin did.

Activity: 404
Thanks man
There will be bugs, always are but hopefully you guys can fix them
Great Team Effort
Soo close
CTO - Silk Network
Little Update:

In these final days prior to launch we are simply tinkering and perfecting what is in my eyes the best two coins to be simultaneously released.

Silk, essentially a combination of Bitcoin and Peercoin, taken from the codebase of Emercoin, but largely improved upon and upgraded with UniValue, Decentralised DNS functionality, a MultiSig interface and also having the majority of its codebase amended and repaired.

In the private repo in the last two weeks over 500 commits have been merged successfully to the master branch of Silk and DarkSilk. All of this hard work is aimed towards the smoothest and fairest release possible, whilst providing you, the end-user a fully functioning product from day one.

DarkSilk has also had UniValue implemented for not just the core RPC calls but all the Stormnode, InstantX and Sandstorm RPC calls as well. With a Stormnode interface, Sandstorm mixing interface, MultiSig interface and much much more, we are really excited to release and hear the feedback from you, the community.

Upon launch users will find the wallets fully functional with none of its existing functions upon the roadmap for repair (this does not include any yet unknown or unforeseen bugs).

https://twitter.com/spencerlievens/status/767868765824507904
CTO - Silk Network
BTW IRC is active and if you want updates as they come in, IRC is the best realtime method to hear news from ME.

Get connected and keep in direct contact with the entire team:

Connect to the Freenode IRC server and then connect to the #SilkNetwork channel.

Google how to register a nickname on Freenode and get registered so you don't lose your username/nick.

See you in the channel Cheesy
CTO - Silk Network
Will be renaming the Manage Names tab to DNS with a decentralised logo for ease of understanding what it is exactly.

Manage Names sounds like the feature from Dash Evolution where names can be assigned to addresses and sent to directly, which it is not.

Rename in progress Wink

Renamed:

CTO - Silk Network
Silk has code taken from Emercoin/Namecoin for decentralised DNS services which works in the Daemon without issue (RPC calls). However the GUI elements within Emercoin do not function, but they will in Silk. This is something we are sorting for launch. Also we will have MultiSig UI in the wallet and functioning. Basically, what I am saying is this, whatever you see in the wallet, works.

Also to make life easier, within the receive tab where your addresses are contained, we are actually adding the address labels and making it possible to copy/paste the address from that list, which, suprisingly, isn't possible in Bitcoin or other coins based upon its last few version releases. This will be made possible in both Silk and DarkSilk.

Also prior to launch I am looking to add the functions from HyperStake where splitting of inputs is possible from the UI interface, which will again make the end-users life a lot easier when it comes to organising their inputs for stake.

If anyone within the community has any suggestions for the codebases, please speak up. They will be attempted to be implemented for launch or road-mapped for implementation after.

Hahaha wow you sneaky buggers, I wondered what that "Manage Names" tab was about. I'm glad for the delay now knowing it's given you guys time to make additions and refinements like these. Keep up the great work!

I've worked alongside Eugene from Emercoin whilst doing the final changes to Silk and then Amir realised that the UI in fact doesn't work. We will fix this and then later pull request to Emercoin. Amir has already had pull requests merged to Bitcoin and I believe Emercoin, as have I (but not Bitcoin).
Pages:
Jump to: