Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver - page 15. (Read 77046 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
CTO - Silk Network
Styling completed on both wallets:

Activity: 404
Merit: 250
While we all wait patiently
let's not forget why we're all here in the first place

CTO - Silk Network
Well it kinda is a worry

?10mx0.25"potential"=alot of money.

trusting word and blue eyes wont be enough

No, trusting words and having blue eyes won't make any difference, but the technology enabling the entire network to monitor any address in real-time will.

Also the fact that if we dumped coins on the market it would not only be seen, but would be completely detrimental to the entire project.

I understand your worry, as absolute idiots in the past have done this and instigated pump & dumps etc, but that is simply not the case here.

What I'm saying here is no different to the issues brought up with Donationcoin and with Sterlingcoin over 2 years ago and in both cases the instamined coinbases were never dumped and still not to this day.

The funds will also be cold stored and kept in wallets that are not staking when online.

This project is far bigger and far beyond any worry of a dump of coin.

Like I said before, it is not even a worry.
Activity: 103
Merit: 10
Well it kinda is a worry

?10mx0.25"potential"=alot of money.

trusting word and blue eyes wont be enough
CTO - Silk Network
Ok so for example 10m coins are unclaimed and they will just sit in a wallet waiting?

How do we know they wont be dumped? or used in anyway?

Because we have an amazing bit of technology in the wallet called watch-only addresses.

You can add the holding address to your wallet and literally "watch-only".

You will see the address in real-time.

Also, why would we dump?

Maybe read this post of mine - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.15870058

This is the biggest project I have ever set out on in my life.

I am excited and looking forward to releasing more than anyone.

With the team and community we have we are looking to go places no other cryptographic currency has before and succeed.

The talk of dumping or manipulating anything is completely out of the question and shouldn't be a worry.
Ok so for example 10m coins are unclaimed and they will just sit in a wallet waiting?

How do we know they wont be dumped? or used in anyway?
CTO - Silk Network
When is the swap? anytime soon?

Was wondering what will happen with the unclaimed coins?

There isn't a limit on the swap, so they wouldn't be unclaimed.

They would just sit in a non-staking wallet (cold) waiting for swap.

The beauty with the code is that fees are burnt.

Eventually once it is apparent that they will never be claimed, we will burn by setting the fee of the transaction to the same value of the total coin that is left and then send to another address within the same wallet.

We would then receive a 0 transaction, no one would receive the fee, the total money supply would decrease and the coins would be again available to be mined via Proof of Stake.
When is the swap? anytime soon?

Was wondering what will happen with the unclaimed coins?
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
Oh my goodness! mIRC!
I think I've spent days there.
At the time we were talking movies and music: how to get them on emule, first torrents.

I completely forgot about mIRC and can't believe it still exists. So 90's

Hah.  I remember downloading on dial-up from mIRC...  Those were the days...  Lol

The days of "listen the call of my people", expensive and slow connection... half loaded images will always hunt me in my dreams, not missing any of this ... well except the fresh feeling of the internet, so raw. now it's on every damn device including TV,AC and watches. (drowns in nostalgia)

10 minutes to load 1 page on AOL...  Lol

EDIT: Anyone remember proggies and punters...

Yes, those things to crash someone else connection! Those guys who started there probably today are doing DDOS just for fun
Smiley
legendary
Oh my goodness! mIRC!
At the time we were talking movies and music: how to get them on emule, first torrents.

Hah.  I remember downloading on dial-up from mIRC...  Those were the days...  Lol

The days of "listen the call of my people", expensive and slow connection... half loaded images will always hunt me in my dreams, not missing any of this ... well except the fresh feeling of the internet, so raw. now it's on every damn device including TV,AC and watches. (drowns in nostalgia)

10 minutes to load 1 page on AOL...  Lol

EDIT: Anyone remember proggies and punters...
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
Oh my goodness! mIRC!

Hah.  I remember downloading on dial-up from mIRC...  Those were the days...  Lol

legendary
Oh my goodness! mIRC!

Hah.  I remember downloading on dial-up from mIRC...  Those were the days...  Lol
Activity: 508
Merit: 501
CTO - Silk Network
After a bit of research i stumbled upon https://www.adiirc.com/ it's portable and works fine.

Also works on all OS's (well the 3 main ones).
Activity: 66
Merit: 0
After a bit of research i stumbled upon https://www.adiirc.com/ it's portable and works fine.
legendary
Oh my goodness! mIRC!

CTO - Silk Network
We now have a freenode IRC channel: #SilkNetwork

It's maybe ten years I don't use IRC  Grin
What do you guys use to connect there nowadays?

mIRC for Windows - http://www.mirc.co.uk/get.html

Limechat for OSX - http://limechat.net/mac/

Konversation for Linux - https://konversation.kde.org/ <--- This runs on Gnome too.

legendary

It's maybe ten years I don't use IRC  Grin
What do you guys use to connect there nowadays?
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
Pages:
Jump to: