Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver - page 14. (Read 77071 times)

Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us
Silk has code taken from Emercoin/Namecoin for decentralised DNS services which works in the Daemon without issue (RPC calls). However the GUI elements within Emercoin do not function, but they will in Silk. This is something we are sorting for launch. Also we will have MultiSig UI in the wallet and functioning. Basically, what I am saying is this, whatever you see in the wallet, works.

Also to make life easier, within the receive tab where your addresses are contained, we are actually adding the address labels and making it possible to copy/paste the address from that list, which, suprisingly, isn't possible in Bitcoin or other coins based upon its last few version releases. This will be made possible in both Silk and DarkSilk.

Also prior to launch I am looking to add the functions from HyperStake where splitting of inputs is possible from the UI interface, which will again make the end-users life a lot easier when it comes to organising their inputs for stake.

If anyone within the community has any suggestions for the codebases, please speak up. They will be attempted to be implemented for launch or road-mapped for implementation after.

Hahaha wow you sneaky buggers, I wondered what that "Manage Names" tab was about. I'm glad for the delay now knowing it's given you guys time to make additions and refinements like these. Keep up the great work!
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422
If it's not much to ask I would like to have a real time price ticker for silk embedded into the new wallet. I know it does not bring much value to it but it's something I find very handy.

Even an IRC chat would be nice.

Price ticker will be implemented in Version 1.1.0.0 Smiley

IRC Chat I will talk to the team about. Not a huge fan of IRC connectivity in the wallet. Not the chat but the protocol.

Will keep you posted.

Good.
Alongside SILK, SLK and DRKSLK I see, of course, a BTC price ticker.
I mean IRC is a nothing more than a small plus. If the protocol can cause issues than forget about it then.

Smiley
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
CTO - Silk Network
If it's not much to ask I would like to have a real time price ticker for silk embedded into the new wallet. I know it does not bring much value to it but it's something I find very handy.

Price ticker will be implemented in Version 1.1.0.0 Smiley

IRC Chat I will talk to the team about. Not a huge fan of IRC connectivity in the wallet. Not the chat but the protocol.

Will keep you posted.
legendary

CTO - Silk Network
Silk has code taken from Emercoin/Namecoin for decentralised DNS services which works in the Daemon without issue (RPC calls). However the GUI elements within Emercoin do not function, but they will in Silk. This is something we are sorting for launch. Also we will have MultiSig UI in the wallet and functioning. Basically, what I am saying is this, whatever you see in the wallet, works.

Also to make life easier, within the receive tab where your addresses are contained, we are actually adding the address labels and making it possible to copy/paste the address from that list, which, suprisingly, isn't possible in Bitcoin or other coins based upon its last few version releases. This will be made possible in both Silk and DarkSilk.

Also prior to launch I am looking to add the functions from HyperStake where splitting of inputs is possible from the UI interface, which will again make the end-users life a lot easier when it comes to organising their inputs for stake.

If anyone within the community has any suggestions for the codebases, please speak up. They will be attempted to be implemented for launch or road-mapped for implementation after.
CTO - Silk Network
Everyday I look at coinmarketcap and I am still in awe over how many shit coins out there are X-times the market cap of Silkcoin, yet have no features and nothing but chatter.....

Can't wait til SLK and DRKSLK hit and create an uber whirlwind and rip the crypto scene apart.  Time for a change and that change is near!

+1 my thoughts exactly! Market cap for SLK and DRKSLK will easily be 1.5mil

In excess of.

Silkcoin (Original) was at a 1.5 million marketcap when it launched and a while after.
Activity: 232
Merit: 100
Everyday I look at coinmarketcap and I am still in awe over how many shit coins out there are X-times the market cap of Silkcoin, yet have no features and nothing but chatter.....

Can't wait til SLK and DRKSLK hit and create an uber whirlwind and rip the crypto scene apart.  Time for a change and that change is near!

+1 my thoughts exactly! Market cap for SLK and DRKSLK will easily be 1.5mil
Activity: 350
Merit: 250
I just use webchat.freenode.net/?channels=#silknetwork. Works good for me.

that's handy! i didnt know this one, thanks
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Is there any kind of revised timeline for the launches now?

At the moment we are getting all the paperwork/documentation together i.e. OP, info, press releases, guides and more.

Silk I have in testing and am trying to improve upon the code every second I can up until we actually do launch. DarkSilk is currently sat in the sidelines just biding its time to be unleashed.

We are also waiting on other people to finish up their work (it's not all about the wallets). Graphic designer has to provide a couple more graphics for the sites, OP is being handed to him to finalise the look of it, Matthew has to finish up some parts of his work on Weaver and the websites, so it's just the final few bits coming together now.

Once we have all these in place ready and the entire team is ready as well, we will create a launch timer, release press material and begin the media hype machine.

There will be no ninja release, everyone will know well ahead of time and will be prepared.

Cheesy

Cool beans!  Hopefully by month end...  So ready to get my coins into the new SLK wallet.  Tired of the old one freezing up!

Keep up the good work all!
legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003
Well, That's Crypto :-\
Sooooo Close

CTO - Silk Network

At the moment we are getting all the paperwork/documentation together i.e. OP, info, press releases, guides and more.

Silk I have in testing and am trying to improve upon the code every second I can up until we actually do launch. DarkSilk is currently sat in the sidelines just biding its time to be unleashed.

We are also waiting on other people to finish up their work (it's not all about the wallets). Graphic designer has to provide a couple more graphics for the sites, OP is being handed to him to finalise the look of it, Matthew has to finish up some parts of his work on Weaver and the websites, so it's just the final few bits coming together now.

Once we have all these in place ready and the entire team is ready as well, we will create a launch timer, release press material and begin the media hype machine.

There will be no ninja release, everyone will know well ahead of time and will be prepared.

Cheesy
laymans explanation of what is sandstorm mixing?

This with silky branding.
Activity: 586
Merit: 501
laymans explanation of what is sandstorm mixing?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000

CTO - Silk Network
Some volume on Poloniex after the recent wallet updates. Still calm though.

What I am really interested to try out when it will be ready is the Sandstorm mixing. I think that's one of the best feature that can be implemented today.

Certainly ONE of many excellent features within the wallets.
legendary
Some volume on Poloniex after the recent wallet updates. Still calm though.

What I am really interested to try out when it will be ready is the Sandstorm mixing. I think that's one of the best feature that can be implemented today.
Activity: 508
Merit: 501
Yes, good job to all involved. Moving along nicely!
CTO - Silk Network
Styling completed on both wallets:

Wallet looks awesome! Nice work Spencer! Can't wait to use it  Wink

Thank the entire team bro. Not just me who has contributed to the codebases.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
Styling completed on both wallets:

http://i.imgur.com/QjZYUJc.png

Wallet looks awesome! Nice work Spencer! Can't wait to use it  Wink
Pages:
Jump to: