Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver - page 16. (Read 77056 times)

Activity: 441
Merit: 251
I wonder how many people involved in the scene are actual crypto enthusiasts wanting the paradigm to shift and how many people are involved for just a quick buck.....

Don't misunderstand me but what you call a paradigm shift might never happen. I mean think of how the whole bitcoin thing degenerated: let's call it for what it is now, a mere speculative investment.
Raise your hand if you believe there is still the same atmosphere of the early days.

When money comes into place, everything starts to stink. Ad rot.

Thats all ive been saying!! The atmosphere of the early days is dead here.. money and ego.have corrupted it all.  Dead man walking.

Edit: dead coin trading

Money? Ego?

He is just a crypto fagot, don't listening to him!

Please keep it civil, no need for name calling, thanks  Cool
Activity: 170
Merit: 10
I wonder how many people involved in the scene are actual crypto enthusiasts wanting the paradigm to shift and how many people are involved for just a quick buck.....

Don't misunderstand me but what you call a paradigm shift might never happen. I mean think of how the whole bitcoin thing degenerated: let's call it for what it is now, a mere speculative investment.
Raise your hand if you believe there is still the same atmosphere of the early days.

Thats all ive been saying!! The atmosphere of the early days is dead here.. money and ego.have corrupted it all.  Dead man walking.

Money? Ego?

He is just a crypto fagot, don't listening to him!
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Activity: 263
Merit: 250

Actually, I was referring to Bitcoin. I was not implying that for this project.
You really try to get as much as you can on your side.

When talking about Bitcoin you are right. Bitcoin solved two problems, it gave us a medium of exchange and a unit of account.
We will be the first cryptographic platform that tries to tackle the current issues, stability in price & liquidity!.

Our aim is to be the paradigm shift that others just can't be. You need to have two coins to make it happen. (actually three, but the third is represented by whatever medium of exchange is currently accepted by the market i.e. BTC or fiat). It's all about triangulating value by dividing up their dimensions.

To Trak: the atmosphere of the early days only seems to be dead, its comatose. Money and ego have not corrupted anything that's your outside perception and ego. Your investment and impatience have corrupted you, not this project. This project fights a war of attrition, you know this, hence The Camel Marches On! It is only logical that the darkest hour is just before dawn.

legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

Actually, I was referring to Bitcoin. I was not implying that for this project.
You really try to get as much as you can on your side.
Activity: 490
Merit: 500
CTO - Silk Network

Money? Ego?
Activity: 616

Is it really dead if people still trade it even without a release yet? I dont think so, but you can keep wishing.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1001

Well you know my stance because I don't need any exchange...  There's one answer for you...  When you have something really good, you don't need exchanges, the exchanges will come to you...  Boom... Mic drop!

Well thats right and money talks, if the marketcap spikes after launch you will see Polo adding them...
legendary

Well you know my stance because I don't need any exchange...  There's one answer for you...  When you have something really good, you don't need exchanges, the exchanges will come to you...  Boom... Mic drop!
Activity: 490
CTO - Silk Network
Activity: 245
Merit: 100
All I am doing is calling a spade a spade.  It may be hitting nerves, but when I say something, it isn't for shits and giggles.  When I say good luck in Polo getting back to you, that means exactly that...  This is not meant to push the team to release, it's giving everyone a god damn insight.  See the forest for the trees, then talk to me later about it when you realize I was right.

EDIT:  The Polo delay will give the team lots of time to complete everything else...
I mean that polo and associates bought up eth lends, then listed etc, then kept the etc all the lended eth would have yielded to users, then shorted all the eth as it crashed.

+1

It's going to catch up to them.  Basing the company in the US and then doing shady shit!  That's a ton of money!

Remember all of you, the Feds can shut that shit the fuck down anytime they want!  Period, end of story...

But yea, can't leave out the fact that it's the number one exchange.

#rantover

We set aside some time for Poloniex to make a response, but not beyond reason. And we are communicating with Bittrex to make sure we have entrance to a market asap.

Go with Bittrex. I have had no issue with them in the years I have used them. Any issues I've had have been resolved within hours...longest a day. Polo on the other hand is shady shit site for sure. I'm sure everyone has had different experiences, but I will take bittrex over poloniex any day. They have never fucked me.
All I am doing is calling a spade a spade.  It may be hitting nerves, but when I say something, it isn't for shits and giggles.  When I say good luck in Polo getting back to you, that means exactly that...  This is not meant to push the team to release, it's giving everyone a god damn insight.  See the forest for the trees, then talk to me later about it when you realize I was right.

EDIT:  The Polo delay will give the team lots of time to complete everything else...
I mean that polo and associates bought up eth lends, then listed etc, then kept the etc all the lended eth would have yielded to users, then shorted all the eth as it crashed.

+1

It's going to catch up to them.  Basing the company in the US and then doing shady shit!  That's a ton of money!

Remember all of you, the Feds can shut that shit the fuck down anytime they want!  Period, end of story...

#rantover

We set aside some time for Poloniex to make a response, but not beyond reason. And we are communicating with Bittrex to make sure we have entrance to a market asap.
legendary

+1

#rantover

Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us
Polo has huge volume but are very opaque in practice.  The way they handled the etc drop showed absolute disregard for users over fee intake.

Said this a while back.  Polo is busy with ETC/ETH money makers.  Nothing else matters to them at this point.  Maybe a couple months down the road from now.  But if it is imperative to get on an exchange with the release, honestly I wouldn't hold my breath for Polo.  Unfortunately Polo is now in a world where money talks.  Didn't use to be that way, but hey whatever, to each his own.

I don't know what makes you think this wasn't always the case though. They're running a business and whether you agree with it or not listing ETC didn't suddenly change that in some way. They've always been primarily money-oriented. Still, there's a prestige associated with being listed on Poloniex that the team here fully deserves plus it means SLK reaching a wider audience (and higher volume). We've all been waiting for more than a year now, I don't think waiting another week or two to arrange being listed on the biggest exchange in the world is too great a sacrifice. Then if there's still been no reply they can look at alternatives.
Listing ETC without any notice and stripping it out of ETH lending orders on launch is an opportunistic and borderline illegal 'business' practice.  We have to be there because thats where the volume is, period, not because its magical and prestigious-  we're already listed there ffs.

What do you mean by stripping it out of ETH lending orders?
legendary
All I am doing is calling a spade a spade.  It may be hitting nerves, but when I say something, it isn't for shits and giggles.  When I say good luck in Polo getting back to you, that means exactly that...  This is not meant to push the team to release, it's giving everyone a god damn insight.  See the forest for the trees, then talk to me later about it when you realize I was right.

Activity: 394
Merit: 117
Sry to ask but I dont really get it.
I bought Silkcoin 1 month ago on poloniex. As far as I understood I have to convert them into SLK to get the possibility to buy DARKSILK. This is only possible on Weaver which is not released yet?
In other words, my stacked Silkcoin on Polo are basically useless yet? If yes what can I do with them except trading?
Thanks for clarification.

Greetings Phil

You will need to convert Silkcoin to SLK yes. DarkSilk however is a seperate coin, which can be bought/sold on any market that will carry it. SLK will be of vital importance to the Silk Network, you've invested into the backbone of Silk Network's success.

Of course SLK, like any other coin, could be used as a medium of exchange.

Ok so the best is to wait and be patient for further updates
Polo has huge volume but are very opaque in practice.  The way they handled the etc drop showed absolute disregard for users over fee intake.

Said this a while back.  Polo is busy with ETC/ETH money makers.  Nothing else matters to them at this point.  Maybe a couple months down the road from now.  But if it is imperative to get on an exchange with the release, honestly I wouldn't hold my breath for Polo.  Unfortunately Polo is now in a world where money talks.  Didn't use to be that way, but hey whatever, to each his own.

I don't know what makes you think this wasn't always the case though. They're running a business and whether you agree with it or not listing ETC didn't suddenly change that in some way. They've always been primarily money-oriented. Still, there's a prestige associated with being listed on Poloniex that the team here fully deserves plus it means SLK reaching a wider audience (and higher volume). We've all been waiting for more than a year now, I don't think waiting another week or two to arrange being listed on the biggest exchange in the world is too great a sacrifice. Then if there's still been no reply they can look at alternatives.
Listing ETC without any notice and stripping it out of ETH lending orders on launch is an opportunistic and borderline illegal 'business' practice.  We have to be there because thats where the volume is, period, not because its magical and prestigious-  we're already listed there ffs.
Pages:
Jump to: