Pages:
Author

Topic: [OLD THREAD] Silk Network: Silk, DarkSilk and Weaver - page 36. (Read 77057 times)

legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Do we get to know in the end of the month about the ratio of Slk to Drkslk?

The ratio will be determined by market price.

But to share the Gold analogy

DarkSilk is to money (currency product)
as
Silk is to gold (investment asset)

so you would be switching gold for money

Based on that, SLK would be of higher value than DRKSLK.

Yup

I expected a different reaction to be honest. The after announcement sales to me are like a litmus test for DarkSilk demand. It will be more interesting to hold Silk although it won't be of much use. It will be more interesting to use DarkSilk but less interesting to hold(of course it will still be interesting).

negative sales mean lack of understanding or just profit taking.

Then wow, the market was WAY off and no one really understands the true uses...  Typical profit taking.  It probably will not sink in until the network is live and running and people see the system working to understand it.

For me, I like assets and commodities...  Much rather hold them than hold currency.  But to each his own.

Exactly, thats why im not worried. But I would like to see things pick up though, because it would give us an estimation on DarkSilk demand Wink

Seriously though, by doing the valuation this way and not vice versa, the Silk Network team not only saved Silkcoin, but they are giving it the value it should have had and in all reality placing it above DRKSLK, even though DRKSLK will have more function, it won't be of higher value.

Wake up people!  That means those of you who kept holding out for the DRKSLK ICO based on the hypothesis that it would be the only useful coin of the two...  You got it dead wrong in terms of valuation!!!

Your SLK will actually be worth more than your DRKSLK...  Wow...

yup you are spot on, Silk is the Arch  Grin

So when DRKSLK ICO goes berserk, everyone better hold onto their SLK, because it's going to the next Galaxy.
Activity: 441
Merit: 251
So where is this announcement? Did I miss it? I scrolled back through and found some more poetry and new investors losing money.. and watched the sells of silk climb far above 3 million, and read a whole bunch of bag holder horseshit...

Is this yet another release date botched? Or am I just asking 'fuddy' questions again?

Poetry; pen is mightier than the sword.

It only takes more time  Cool
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
So where is this announcement? Did I miss it? I scrolled back through and found some more poetry and new investors losing money.. and watched the sells of silk climb far above 3 million, and read a whole bunch of bag holder horseshit...

Is this yet another release date botched? Or am I just asking 'fuddy' questions again?

as

Yup

I expected a different reaction to be honest. The after announcement sales to me are like a litmus test for DarkSilk demand. It will be more interesting to hold Silk although it won't be of much use. It will be more interesting to use DarkSilk but less interesting to hold(of course it will still be interesting).

Then wow, the market was WAY off and no one really understands the true uses...  Typical profit taking.  It probably will not sink in until the network is live and running and people see the system working to understand it.

For me, I like assets and commodities...  Much rather hold them than hold currency.  But to each his own.

Exactly, thats why im not worried. But I would like to see things pick up though, because it would give us an estimation on DarkSilk demand Wink

Seriously though, by doing the valuation this way and not vice versa, the Silk Network team not only saved Silkcoin, but they are giving it the value it should have had and in all reality placing it above DRKSLK, even though DRKSLK will have more function, it won't be of higher value.

Wake up people!  That means those of you who kept holding out for the DRKSLK ICO based on the hypothesis that it would be the only useful coin of the two...  You got it dead wrong in terms of valuation!!!

yup you are spot on, Silk is the Arch and the flood is coming
read everything that I said again and all will make sense! Grin
legendary

as

Yup

Then wow, the market was WAY off and no one really understands the true uses...  Typical profit taking.  It probably will not sink in until the network is live and running and people see the system working to understand it.

For me, I like assets and commodities...  Much rather hold them than hold currency.  But to each his own.

It's worth bearing in mid the news has only really been shared with people reading this thread (today) and a lot of us are already invested. Once there's greater awareness I'm sure we'll get a better idea of the real demand.

Yup but it's good to know that the few of you get a good grasp on things. That is more important to me than what happens on the exchanges Grin.

But i did push the memo hard today which is up to a point a reason for the spike/crash, but its all within bounds and we created a bit of volume which equals promotion/advertisement.
Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us

as

Yup

It's worth bearing in mind the news has only really been shared with people reading this thread (today) and a lot of us are already invested. Once there's greater awareness I'm sure we'll get a better idea of the real demand.

as

Yup

Then wow, the market was WAY off and no one really understands the true uses...  Typical profit taking.  It probably will not sink in until the network is live and running and people see the system working to understand it.

For me, I like assets and commodities...  Much rather hold them than hold currency.  But to each his own.

legendary

as

Yup

Hiya,

2 questions.

1. If we buy SILK on poloniex will it automatically be transferred to the new SILK?

and

2. Do you know the reason for the delay in launch?

Thanks!

1. No Silkcoin will be swapped through Weaver, our own platform for handling multiple features (have a look at the white paper in the OP). Poloniex will add the new Silk, SLK to their exchange.

2. No date has been set, what is know is that Silk will be released one month prior to DarkSilk. Developments steadily advancing, expect more updates this month.
Activity: 722
Merit: 500
Hiya,

2 questions.

1. If we buy SILK on poloniex will it automatically be transferred to the new SILK?

and

2. Do you know the reason for the delay in launch?

Thanks!

as

Yup

negative sales mean lack of understanding or just profit taking (which for now it is).
legendary

as

as

Activity: 616
Seems like a lot of people thought price would go up even more and then some people dumped and then they just panic sold everything. I guess we have a few happy new owners of Silkcoin atm.

Yup it still needs to stabilize. Buy support will return slowly and we will go from there. We are lucky that the coin is old so that pump and dump can not hijack the coin and leave it battered to a pulp. These dumps are to be expected i guess, long time holders might want to have their investments recovered or quick cash is made on these levels.

The order books were thin but the volumes that have been dumped weren't that great, now the message needs to sink in and we are good to go!

I bet you dumped at 2400, good job to everyone who hyped this coin.

I haven't dropped a single coin and i'm still staking, no worries mate. We are a penny stock with a market cap of $ 354,862 these things happen. The news, if correctly interpreted, should move incentives to an equilibrium between DarkSilk/Silk.

If you have questions, shoot, thats what I'm here for!  Cool

edit: my main concern for today is to make sure you guys understand the implications of it all, we remain very confident about it.

Seems like a lot of people thought price would go up even more and then some people dumped and then they just panic sold everything. I guess we have a few happy new owners of Silkcoin atm.

Yup it still needs to stabilize. Buy support will return slowly and we will go from there. We are lucky that the coin is old so that pump and dump can not hijack the coin and leave it battered to a pulp. These dumps are to be expected i guess, long time holders might want to have their investments recovered or quick cash is made on these levels.

The order books were thin but the volumes that have been dumped weren't that great, now the message needs to sink in and we are good to go!

I haven't dropped a single coin and i'm still staking, no worries mate. We are a penny stock with a market cap of $ 354,862 these things happen. The news, if correctly interpreted, should move incentives to an equilibrium between DarkSilk/Silk.

If you have questions, shoot, thats what I'm here for!  Cool

edit: my main concern for today is to make sure you guys understand the implications of it all, we remain very confident about it.
Activity: 597
Merit: 253
... and the swarm is headed towards us

And good luck to everyone who doesn't understand or is too impatient to appreciate the gift we all got given today.  Smiley
Activity: 616

Nope, I did not. No reason to dump at 2400 when there is no buysupport at all, + we didnt have a release of something yet. Just dumb to sell at that price imo. And I want to know the ratio of slk ---> drkslk before I even consider selling.
legendary
Activity: 1288

Pages:
Jump to: