Pages:
Author

Topic: OpenBazaar - decentralized eBay - page 26. (Read 41580 times)

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1035
October 05, 2014, 01:22:43 PM
Scammers are everywhere and they will be! It's about law and speed of his executing. In point where Cryptos are now, that's very difficult..

Hurry up with the opening, because the price of BTC will fall to the basement! Cheesy
I can not wait to test the page!
I wish you BIG success with this project!
I don't think that the opening of open brazaar will cause the price of bitcoin to decline. Can you eliberate?

I agree that the site will be full of scammers and there will be little way to police them and little way to make others aware of their scams

If you're right - it would mean that Bitcoin nowhere can be used safely.
They have to deal with this problem and i wish them find out how to resolve that!
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
October 05, 2014, 01:08:50 PM
Scammers are everywhere and they will be! It's about law and speed of his executing. In point where Cryptos are now, that's very difficult..

Hurry up with the opening, because the price of BTC will fall to the basement! Cheesy
I don't think that the opening of open brazaar will cause the price of bitcoin to decline. Can you eliberate?

I agree that the site will be full of scammers and there will be little way to police them and little way to make others aware of their scams
Activity: 111
Merit: 10
October 05, 2014, 12:46:35 PM
It'd be really cool if they can get this to work well. Can't wait to see how it turns out.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
mining is so 2012-2013
October 05, 2014, 12:21:51 PM
Read more about it now that v2 is out. I'm especially interested in how the rating of trust system will work and if it can be gamed. I think that this is important and a make or break feature that is hard to implement.
legendary
October 05, 2014, 08:27:43 AM

What makes you think that the opening is going to help the price in any way?

Just opening will not raise the price, but this project looks very good. If they bring people = bring money, increase volume and raise price... That's my plan Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 916
Merit: 1003
October 05, 2014, 08:22:03 AM
I wish bitmit was still operational, would be using it now Sad

Yeah, bitmit was really pretty nice.  I miss it too.
Activity: 322
Merit: 250
October 05, 2014, 08:21:39 AM

What makes you think that the opening is going to help the price in any way?
legendary
October 05, 2014, 08:20:00 AM

Activity: 176
October 05, 2014, 07:50:28 AM

To all ebay sellers:

Once open bazaar is ready, list all the things you sell on ebay at open bazaar.  Next time you make a sale send a card to your open bazaar shop for future customers.  Should be able to offer a discount with the savings, i will be Smiley

That's actually a great idea. Good promotion for bitcoin too. I'd totally do it if I still sold stuff on ebay.

Use Cryptothrift instead.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
October 05, 2014, 07:19:19 AM
legendary
Activity: 1316
Merit: 1000
October 05, 2014, 07:08:11 AM

To all ebay sellers:

Once open bazaar is ready, list all the things you sell on ebay at open bazaar.  Next time you make a sale send a card to your open bazaar shop for future customers.  Should be able to offer a discount with the savings, i will be Smiley
Activity: 798
LIR Dev. www.letitride.io
October 05, 2014, 05:28:57 AM
How are you guys going to deal with scammers on both sides? Cryptothrift has escrow, so the scammers just convince people to go outside it.

Escrow is not scam-proof.

Scammers have a lot of imagination.

Do you know any marketplace that is scammer proof? Because I don’t.
Should we stop doing business because scammers are unfortunately around everything that has value?

No market place is 100% scam proof. However some marketplaces are "scam resistant" and some are "scam friendly". You should do more business in the "scam resistant" marketplaces whenever possible and avoid the "scam friendly" marketplaces unless absolutely necessary. I would personally consider open brazzar to be scam friendly

Actually yes, that's why you should treat it as what it is: beta. There is no reason why it can't be "scam resistant" with the proper tools in place.
I think you really need to be more centralized then open brazaar in order to be scam resistant. Look at eBay for example, as much as I dislike them and as much as they charge for selling on their site, they have a very small number of scams that succeed as a percentage of total sales; compare that to a more decentralized marketplace like the digital goods forum here, which is very decentralized and obvious scams are not moderated, many scams get weeded out by the community but more people do get scammed (just look at all the scam accusations). The fact that open brazaar is decentralized makes it much easier to manipulate

I've seen lots of scams on ebay, not forgetting all the chargebacks I've had to deal with (lost over $1000 from reversals). Centralization hasn't made the site more scam resistant by any means.

Never had that problem with either Bitmit or Cryptothrift  Wink
legendary
Activity: 1372
--------------->¿?
October 05, 2014, 01:23:46 AM
How are you guys going to deal with scammers on both sides? Cryptothrift has escrow, so the scammers just convince people to go outside it.

Should we stop doing business because scammers are unfortunately around everything that has value?

No market place is 100% scam proof. However some marketplaces are "scam resistant" and some are "scam friendly". You should do more business in the "scam resistant" marketplaces whenever possible and avoid the "scam friendly" marketplaces unless absolutely necessary. I would personally consider open brazzar to be scam friendly

Actually yes, that's why you should treat it as what it is: beta. There is no reason why it can't be "scam resistant" with the proper tools in place.
I think you really need to be more centralized then open brazaar in order to be scam resistant. Look at eBay for example, as much as I dislike them and as much as they charge for selling on their site, they have a very small number of scams that succeed as a percentage of total sales; compare that to a more decentralized marketplace like the digital goods forum here, which is very decentralized and obvious scams are not moderated, many scams get weeded out by the community but more people do get scammed (just look at all the scam accusations). The fact that open brazaar is decentralized makes it much easier to manipulate

How?
Activity: 191
October 04, 2014, 10:39:18 PM

legendary
--------------->¿?
October 04, 2014, 02:19:56 PM
OpenBazaar new UI improvements-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UISZbGXP74

Very exciting stuff. Can't wait to finally use it on windows.
legendary
--------------->¿?
October 04, 2014, 02:17:04 PM

Activity: 658
Merit: 501
October 04, 2014, 01:21:59 PM
OpenBazaar new UI improvements-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UISZbGXP74
Activity: 238
September 22, 2014, 08:19:46 PM

legendary
--------------->¿?
September 22, 2014, 11:13:35 AM

legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1003
September 22, 2014, 10:11:21 AM

but it helps tremendously, silkroad's escrow has resulted in a 97% reduction in fraud compared to non-escrow transaction.
Pages:
Jump to: