Pages:
Author

Topic: OpenBazaar - decentralized eBay - page 30. (Read 41580 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1001
https://keybase.io/masterp FREE Escrow Service
September 06, 2014, 12:26:59 AM
Just like bitcoin it's an interesting concept and experiment for sure. As I understand it anyone can use the software to set up their own sites so new ebay-like sites and also darknet sites will surely rise up. I really would love seeing a competitor to ebay arise, especially one that is free. Why wouldnt people use it?
The only issue I see is the complicated method of setting up shop so far. Your everyday "ebay seller" won't have a clue how to do this they barely can turn on a computer....
https://blog.openbazaar.org/openbazaar-beta-1-0-tutorial/

Yeah that's a good point actually. I'll have to read a bit more into that. I'm sure like most technology it will get easier and simpler to use as time goes on.

I know somebody who has an ebay business. They would love to not have the fees. I could easily see them using this tech.

At the same time, ebay/paypal makes buyers feel safe. And ultimately buyers need a way to feel safe. If a buyer is buying drugs that they can't get elsewhere, yes an open bazaar is worth a try. But if somebody just wants to buy regular things, amazon and ebay offer much more consumer protection. Until this point is addressed very well, this kind of tech will have problems.

I am an optimist and I do believe that it will eventually be addressed.

Open Bazaar will offer notary, arbitration and reputation system using proof-of-burn. When everything will be geared up, I don't see why it will be any less secure than ebay/paypal.
It would be less secure because the arbitrator could potentially be influenced by one of the parties. Or the arbitrator could actually be one of the parties. When you are dealing with a site like eBay, you know that arbitration will follow a certain set of rules (regardless if you agree with these rules or not) so if you have the right evidence and enough evidence to show you are in the right then you would know with reasonable certainty that eBay will side with you. 
legendary
Activity: 1232
mining is so 2012-2013
September 05, 2014, 11:19:27 PM
Just like bitcoin it's an interesting concept and experiment for sure. As I understand it anyone can use the software to set up their own sites so new ebay-like sites and also darknet sites will surely rise up. I really would love seeing a competitor to ebay arise, especially one that is free. Why wouldnt people use it?
The only issue I see is the complicated method of setting up shop so far. Your everyday "ebay seller" won't have a clue how to do this they barely can turn on a computer....

Yeah that's a good point actually. I'll have to read a bit more into that. I'm sure like most technology it will get easier and simpler to use as time goes on.

I know somebody who has an ebay business. They would love to not have the fees. I could easily see them using this tech.

At the same time, ebay/paypal makes buyers feel safe. And ultimately buyers need a way to feel safe. If a buyer is buying drugs that they can't get elsewhere, yes an open bazaar is worth a try. But if somebody just wants to buy regular things, amazon and ebay offer much more consumer protection. Until this point is addressed very well, this kind of tech will have problems.

Open Bazaar will offer notary, arbitration and reputation system using proof-of-burn. When everything will be geared up, I don't see why it will be any less secure than ebay/paypal.

If everything gets geared up and all the problems worked out. Until that time it's going to be a dangerous market for consumers. Lots of scams will happen. Scammers love to get money for free.
Activity: 658
Merit: 501
September 05, 2014, 05:16:19 PM

OpenBazar is going to be a ScamBazar. Deals cant take place without escrow system and OpenBazar completely neglects that fact. P2P markets will never go mainstream and Bitcoin does not need it at all.
what are you talking about?... muti-sig escrow if one of OpenBazaar's key features

https://gist.github.com/drwasho/405d51bd1b1a32e38145

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1204
The revolution will be digital
September 05, 2014, 04:13:42 PM
Openbazar is exactly what bitcoin needs. what WE need.
A truly open market. fast. secure. decentralized. free. anonymous.
This is the crypto-revolution.
This is it!

OpenBazar is going to be a ScamBazar. Deals cant take place without escrow system and OpenBazar completely neglects that fact. P2P markets will never go mainstream and Bitcoin does not need it at all.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002
September 05, 2014, 04:11:40 PM
Openbazar is exactly what bitcoin needs. what WE need.
A truly open market. fast. secure. decentralized. free. anonymous.
This is the crypto-revolution.
This is it!

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
--------------->¿?
September 04, 2014, 09:11:32 PM

legendary
Activity: 1232
mining is so 2012-2013
September 04, 2014, 08:59:00 PM

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
September 04, 2014, 05:36:48 PM
This looks very interesting
legendary
Activity: 1115
Merit: 1016
ASMR El Salvador
September 04, 2014, 03:31:59 PM
It is not just decentralized ebay.
It is also replacing conventional hiring and freelancing sites.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Touchdown
September 04, 2014, 02:21:53 PM
So how is the beta going?  Patiently waiting for a Windows binary here...
Activity: 116
Merit: 0
September 04, 2014, 01:32:34 PM
Finally somebody decided to create a market for Bitcoin users. Can't wait till its avaliable! Very excited! Cheesy
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
September 04, 2014, 01:28:52 PM
YES! thats what I need! no more blocking my items on on ebay f***kers
Activity: 500
Merit: 500
September 04, 2014, 12:14:29 PM

legendary
Activity: 1330
Bitcoin
September 04, 2014, 10:51:12 AM
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
September 04, 2014, 10:49:54 AM
Not shopping anything online until it launches.Fees to avoid , decentralized shopping.Hope they built a scammers proof system.
Activity: 500
September 04, 2014, 09:13:34 AM
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1016
September 04, 2014, 09:11:23 AM
Do we have any circa relase date? I'm really currious how ebay, amazon etc will try to protect themselves from loosing customers, this bazaar is actualy really good idea!

I dont think amazon or ebay are at risk of losing customers to this market for awhile. It is going to take a particular type of consumer to shop at open bazaar rather than Amazon because of how easy it is to use.

ehhh This is where you will be wrong.

Look at ebay, most sales are from oversea stores. (Chinese traders). Amazon marketplace is more for domestic retailers.

OpenBazzar will be adopted by Chinese ebay stores as their margin is already quite thin. The Ebay tax is way too high.

Ebay better accept Bitcoin as payment soon in order to compete
I've not been talking about openbazaar loosing customers but about ebay and amazon loosing them, and also loosing sellers cause of these sites fees.
ALOT of them will SURE move to openbazaar as every % of fee = harder to profit.

The problem with Ebay is that they got way too greedy overcharging their fees, though there are alternatives it seems like Ebay (currently) has a monopoly over auction marketplaces. Can't wait to start using Open Bazaar, I'd imagine they'll be a lot more business switching over to decentralized once they become more popular.
Activity: 756
September 04, 2014, 08:53:24 AM
Ebay should be quaking in its boots at this. I doubt OpenBazzar would be charging 10% of every auction for its service, on top of more fees to use Paypal with it

I think the point is it doesn't charge any fees, though I doubt ebay is at the point that it is quaking, but I hope it becomes a threat in the future.
Activity: 798
‘Try to be nice’
September 04, 2014, 08:38:28 AM
Finally something I have been waiting for, OpenBazaar is pretty much a decentralized ebay based on DarkMarket which is a P2P trading platform.

http://www.btcfeed.net/news/openbazaar-is-the-decentralized-ebay/

Can't wait to use it, theres not gonna be the 15% ebay fees and no more paypal stealing your hard earned money

for all small transactions why would they not use a NashX system?

- http://nashx.com/About

Activity: 994
September 04, 2014, 01:16:00 AM
Ebay should be quaking in its boots at this. I doubt OpenBazzar would be charging 10% of every auction for its service, on top of more fees to use Paypal with it
Pages:
Jump to: