Pages:
Author

Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open - page 92. (Read 176798 times)

Activity: 255
Merit: 12
Activity: 592
Merit: 500
Herp is a sad asshole.

Every week the creator of Mazacoin is spending his own money traveling and talking to crowds and anyone that will listen to support his coin and his ppl.

Mazacoin's mission is insane in its scope. Nothing has been able to pull the natives out of poverty since they were put on reserves. At least let the man try.

I guarantee the sincerity of the coins creator.

Shame on Herp.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
Activity: 1204
Merit: 509
I made my argument against this group earlier in this thread. I listed my reasons why vigilante style justice against cryptos is a bad idea. And why this group deciding which cryptos to kill is a really bad idea.

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.

Okkaay then... that's cue for me to leave this thread.

Let me just leave with my final perspective: 

You don't help people by destroying things.. you help them by creating things.

Really hope you guys change your minds about how to go about this effort.. but... to each their own.

Agree with your sentiment.

And I find this entire thread truly bizarre. I guess the people they want to recruit for their 'cause' are basically immature jerks who can't accept criticism or discuss things logically? I mean, that is all I see from them so far. Instead of discussing something, they throw out insults and act like they are 14 years old.

And it's incredibly hypocritical that the two main people pushing this group either made shitcoins (the OP), or ran an exchange where he was happy to fill it with shitcoins, so long as it made him money ... until he lost all of that money that is.

conversely, you can't form a valid argument so you instead question the motives of those in support. you're transparent and you bore me.

Really hope you guys change your minds about how to go about this effort.. but... to each their own.

Agree with your sentiment.

And I find this entire thread truly bizarre. I guess the people they want to recruit for their 'cause' are basically immature jerks who can't accept criticism or discuss things logically? I mean, that is all I see from them so far. Instead of discussing something, they throw out insults and act like they are 14 years old.

And it's incredibly hypocritical that the two main people pushing this group either made shitcoins (the OP), or ran an exchange where he was happy to fill it with shitcoins, so long as it made him money ... until he lost all of that money, that is.

tell us more about your new account. get some balls and come in with your real id.

?  I'm not sure what i said makes you believe i have another account..  

I'm actually a newcomer to this community... so I admit could be wrong about many things.  But some things I'm sure about..  I just started looking at this code a few weeks ago.. but it's not rocket science for any sw engineer.

I have launched 2 coins so far.  I started looking at the code after Stackcoin incident.. felt bad for the people who invested, and hacked up RSC.. i admit its a 100% clone coin.. but i wanted to learn this stuff, and wanted to do something to make those who lost something feel a bit better.. to that end I think i achieved both goals.

The 2nd coin i cloned was GPUC, this was after witnessing 2 failed launches that was just an embarrassment... so i stepped in and got it created and launched smoothly.  

So.. call both shitcoins if you must.. but both were done with good intentions.  Just want to share my perspectives and help move the community in a positive direction.  I'm still learning too.. as hopefully we all are..

you wanna move the community in a positive direction? don't make any more fucking coins. ever.
Merit: 10

Come on, the food fight just started Smiley
Activity: 154
a search for testicles returned an error 404: not found.

And although Castro (who has been quoted in this thread) can be romanticized for his revolutionary fervor.. like many other revolutionary dictators . ultimately they harmed more good people than have helped.  Millions needlessly die, for one man's vanity.  I doubt you would have quoted him had you been descendent of one of those under his boots..

The way forward is through more innovation and experimentation.. that is what makes altcoins what they are.. It is not in stamping them out.

So really hope you guys change your minds about how to go about this effort.. but... to each their own.
The checkpoints disallow for the rewriting of "ancient history", usually weeks or more in the past, and only when the developers release a new client. A 51% attack done in secret alongside the honest chain will allow you to rewrite history starting from the last developer consensus checkpoint--it does not make them invalid. The "not secret" 51% attack generally delays current transactions indefinitely or rewrites recent history in an attempt to get people to stop using the network.

This is correct...

and that whole thing about changing to low difficulty.. that won't work either.  once you've caught up, releasing this alternate blockchain with a different difficulty value for subsequent block from the checkpoint, will also cause clients with the "real" blockchain to reject those blocks...

In retrospect should have just kept my mouth shut, let these guys try it, and get frustrated on why it didn't work... but just couldn't resist pointing out the irony...

tell us more about your new account. get some balls and come in with your real id.

a search for testicles returned an error 404: not found.

?  I'm not sure what i said makes you believe i have another account..  

I'm actually a newcomer to this community... so I admit could be wrong about many things.  But some things I'm sure about..  I just started looking at this code a few weeks ago.. but it's not rocket science for any sw engineer.

I have launched 2 coins so far.  I started looking at the code after Stackcoin incident.. felt bad for the people who invested, and hacked up RSC.. i admit its a 100% clone coin.. but i wanted to learn this stuff, and wanted to do something to make those who lost something feel a bit better.. to that end I think i achieved both goals.

The 2nd coin i cloned was GPUC, this was after witnessing 2 failed launches that was just an embarrassment... so i stepped in and got it created and launched smoothly.  

So.. call both shitcoins if you must.. but both were done with good intentions.  Just want to share my perspectives and help move the community in a positive direction.  I'm still learning too.. as hopefully we all are..
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
The checkpoints disallow for the rewriting of "ancient history", usually weeks or more in the past, and only when the developers release a new client. A 51% attack done in secret alongside the honest chain will allow you to rewrite history starting from the last developer consensus checkpoint--it does not make them invalid. The "not secret" 51% attack generally delays current transactions indefinitely or rewrites recent history in an attempt to get people to stop using the network.

This is correct...

and that whole thing about changing to low difficulty.. that won't work either.  once you've caught up, releasing this alternate blockchain with a different difficulty value for subsequent block from the checkpoint, will also cause clients with the "real" blockchain to reject those blocks...

In retrospect should have just kept my mouth shut, let these guys try it, and get frustrated on why it didn't work... but just couldn't resist pointing out the irony...

If this is true.. then that is ironic at best... nefarious at worst.. (kill other altcoins just to hoist up your own altcoin)

I admire his machiavellian tactics.

Hypocritical may be the better term.

This is correct...

legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
maybe people need to read the part where i mentioned several times that if a project i have been involved with  time is up, i accept that.

please read the thread before making stupid comments
Merit: 10
If this is true.. then that is ironic at best... nefarious at worst.. (kill other altcoins just to hoist up your own altcoin)

I admire his machiavellian tactics.
Ix
Activity: 218
Merit: 128
you can't seriously think hardcoded checkpoints will stop a 51% attack. 51% netHash means those checkpoints become invalid. i don't think you know enough about this to even discuss it.

How about InfiniteCoin v2?  It certainly sounds shitcoin-ish, right? It's now called Colossus Coin and was made by the OP.

We can all agree there are way too many terrible coins on the exchanges, copycats, or worse. But creating a vigilante style group to go after select coins is a real bad idea.

As mentioned by others, the term 'scam' gets thrown around too much here. Unless a dev is scamming people, lying about his coin, stealing IPO money, or taking the premine, it's not a scam. Beecoin/Ghostcoin/whatever coin isn't a scam because the dev copied an existing coin, and stuck on some cute logo or a meme. It's a really bad idea, but it's not a scam.

For the country coins, the best course of action probably is to just wait it out. If the airdrops fail, people will stay away (they probably should stay away from most nation coins anyway). No need to go into troll mode, spam every coin you don't like and disrupt regular discussion. We can't say for certain all nation coins are  a scam, until we see what happens. They probably are scams, but anyone with a half a brain can figure things out for themselves here. We don't need trolls going crazy on every coin they don't like.

There is also the possibility that this group will pick a coin to kill, and be wrong. Some of the shitcoin eligibility conditions are rather broad. So IPO coins are considered 'shitcoins' and on the kill list? I guess Ethereum is a shitcoin?

How about InfiniteCoin v2?  It certainly sounds shitcoin-ish, right? It's now called Colossus Coin and was made by the OP.

Pages:
Jump to: