Pages:
Author

Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open - page 93. (Read 176798 times)

Activity: 154
Merit: 100
you can't seriously think hardcoded checkpoints will stop a 51% attack. 51% netHash means those checkpoints become invalid. i don't think you know enough about this to even discuss it.

It does not.. 51% attack does not invalidate hardcoded checkpoints of clients that already have the hard code... That is what is meant by "hard code".. static hash values compiled directly into the binary... 

Of course you could release your own binary, your own client.. and try to get others to use it... but then you'd just be creating your own altcoin that has the same name and a different blockchain.. and sure that will also have a negative effect on the coin your targettng.. but it's a separate coin for all intent and purposes.

51% attack does cause problems, but not in the way you think: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx9zgZCMqXE  go to 12:45.

Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
actually what i said is the textbook method for forking a coin, as outlined by ArtForz some 2-3 years ago. people like BCX have the method down to science. I was just stating the basic method for attack. you use the connect(instead of addnode) directive to create a private coin network, here with a few friends connected in this manner, you can mine all you want on your own private fork. as long as you have 51% or greater hashrate when you return your clients to the network(providing the coin is not Proof Of Stake), the coin is instantly and easily forked as your blockchain has consensus over the network because you have 51% Of NetHash. its text book.

Have you looked at the code before?  Ever heard of hard coded checkpoints..?  If a client out there has them they will reject any connection to any node with your alternate blockchain...

you call it cyber terrorism, thats an interesting language there bud. in reaility this is a public service, shielding them from the scams, which are the real cyber terrorism.

Who is the arbiter of what is a scam or not?  You assume aurora coin is a scam, but it may very well be an important .. if not crucial experiment for the crypto world.  By attacking it.. you could be negatively impacting us all..

you can't seriously think hardcoded checkpoints will stop a 51% attack. 51% netHash means those checkpoints become invalid. i don't think you know enough about this to even discuss it.
actually what i said is the textbook method for forking a coin, as outlined by ArtForz some 2-3 years ago. people like BCX have the method down to science. I was just stating the basic method for attack. you use the connect(instead of addnode) directive to create a private coin network, here with a few friends connected in this manner, you can mine all you want on your own private fork. as long as you have 51% or greater hashrate when you return your clients to the network(providing the coin is not Proof Of Stake), the coin is instantly and easily forked as your blockchain has consensus over the network because you have 51% Of NetHash. its text book.

Have you looked at the code before?  Ever heard of hard coded checkpoints..?  If a client out there has them they will reject any connection to any node with your alternate blockchain...

If you lower difficulty, the hashes will not match up.. and the clients that have the right blockchain will never accept yours.. it'll just show up as "orphan" to them.  I don't know this BCX guy or what is "text book" attacks.. but I did look at the code, compiled the code, tested it within my own private network in various configurations.. and i don't think what you suggest.. will work as far as i can tell..

Now there are certainly other ways to screw over a coin.. but this one ain't it.

you call it cyber terrorism, thats an interesting language there bud. in reaility this is a public service, shielding them from the scams, which are the real cyber terrorism.

Who is the arbiter of what is a scam or not?  You assume aurora coin is a scam, but it may very well be an important .. if not crucial experiment for the crypto world.  By attacking it.. you could be negatively impacting us all..
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
I think people need to understand what the definition of fraud or scam is.

Having unrealistic goals or having your head in the clouds about creating the next Bitcoin or turning on a whole nation into cryptocurrency isn't criminal in character, it's just being naive. Until we see the creator of AUR run off with the premine for instance, any accusation of fraud is questionable at best, having suspicions is one thing but throwing out accusations without evidence is another.

Personally to me the biggest shenanigans of all revolves around Litecoin with its massive amounts of fake volume going on in the Chinese exchanges, one exchange in particular that is owned by the BROTHER of the developer for Litecoin. Imagine if Satoshi's brother opened up an exchange and tried to sell you Bitcoin? I know it wouldn't make me comfortable. But whatever, it is obvious there is a clear schism between the "old crypto money" and the "new" crypto money and the 1st generation has hated most alts from the very beginning so I take any accusations of "scam" with a grain of salt.

Remember, Doge was called a scam and the creator was verbally assaulted and accused that he'd premined a bunch and would run off with it and crash the currency. Not only did this NOT happen, the guy even turned down 500k in venture capital money! How many of the professional trolls in btc-e who spend 8 hours a day trashing alts would have such strong hands? I bet very few.

bullshit. your posts fails to make any credible point at all. try again, scam pumper.

Wow. How can you even say that? What he said has some valid points (some of what he said is fact, even) and you are just dismissing them on principle. Please refute what he just said. Has the creator of AUR ran off with the premine yet? Is the brother of Litecoin's developer not the owner of an exchange? Is DOGE a scam? Did the DOGE dev not turn down 500k venture capital?

In my book, people who throw around accusations without anything to back them up are the ones who get labelled "scammers".

yeah no fucking shit. this is worse than a bar that doesn't card when it comes to daily rape. ffs people are not even trying any more. where is the innovation? this is just bulls shit.

you just agreed with him, and he was disagreeing with my premise. so which is it? you're either for these scams or against them. pick a side.

You didn't respond to my post. Why is that? Were any of solid's points that I reiterated factually incorrect? And if I had to pick a side I would clearly be against scam coins since they in no way benefit me. Don't try to polarize things such that everybody who disagrees with something you say automatically disagrees with the idea that scamcoins are bad. You are putting a mean, arrogant face on this entire operation which I thought was supposed to be an admirable cause.

It is an admirable cause, whether you feel like there is sufficient evidence or not. Word's paint pictures, they cannot change facts, only perception itself can be changed. solid is wrong in every single way, and his posts potray a childish way of thinking that is so becoming of this community. I've stated my views in this thread, though i will personally not participate in such a group, i will most certainly support it. A buffer is needed, by whatever means necessary. Whether you can accept that fact or not is an entirely different question. I eagerly await your response. I'm sure it will be chocked full of the same tireless and childish logic.

It is a very admirable cause, but I doubt it will be executed or branded correctly. I sincerely hope that people can find a way to destroy scamcoins without hurting innocent bystanders and altcoins in general. Your last sentence perfectly describes your posts (at least the one's I have been reading), not mine. All you have been doing is insulting people who disagree with you without even considering the things they have to say or providing a reasonable justification for why you think they are wrong (what could be more childish?). You speak of "facts" but you have still not produced any facts that refute any of solid's points that I reiterated above, and yet you still have the gull to say that "solid is wrong in every single way". Until you are willing to reason and not simply bicker emotionally, this is my last response to you. Don't let your ego get the best of you, Sr. member. Your attitude may drive away too many people, and you may end up hurting this operation more than you help it with your "support".

Phase 3:
We setup the pool on our own private network with our custom, low difficulty client. we mine from block 0 to thoroughly erase the blockchain.(very easy. we mine ahead 3,000 blocks, then suddenly flood the network.)

Uhhh.. did someone in this thread earlier mention something about ppl not understanding how cryptos work...?  Cuz this would not do anything.  

Anyways, i think your premine criteria is perhaps not fair/not thought through...

There are legitimate projects like Premine (PMC) which was 100% premine... GPUC which required premine to use as capital for GPUs.. RSC which i personally created as a reverse-scam to compensate those who really got scammed with Stackcoin... to give cryptos a better name in general to the public.

I'm all for anti-scam.. but please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater... something like this which amounts to arbitrary cyber terrorism is what gives cryptos a bad name, and makes it worse off for everyone that is interested in this community.

you call it cyber terrorism, thats an interesting language there bud. i disagree with you 100%.

Phase 3:
We setup the pool on our own private network with our custom, low difficulty client. we mine from block 0 to thoroughly erase the blockchain.(very easy. we mine ahead 3,000 blocks, then suddenly flood the network.)

Uhhh.. did someone in this thread earlier mention something about ppl not understanding how cryptos work...?  Cuz this would not do anything.  

Anyways, i think your premine criteria is perhaps not fair/not thought through...

There are legitimate projects like Premine (PMC) which was 100% premine... GPUC which required premine to use as capital for GPUs.. RSC which i personally created as a reverse-scam to compensate those who really got scammed with Stackcoin... to give cryptos a better name in general to the public.

I'm all for anti-scam.. but please don't throw the baby out with the bathwater... something like this which amounts to arbitrary cyber terrorism is what gives cryptos a bad name, and makes it worse off for everyone that is interested in this community.
R3wt keep hocking your failed exchange in your signature, how many coins did you run off with? See how accusations without proof work? I can make up whatever bullshit I like too.

then i just prove you wrong. easy peasy.

btw, i see what you're saying but your logic is flawed. the AUR coin dev is anonymous. the aur coin dev premined 50%. the aur coin dev is highly probable to dump/launder the premine through the "airdrop". there is plenty of proof in the argument here.

now your turn to state your case.
legendary
Activity: 1246
R3wt keep hocking your failed exchange in your signature, how many coins did you run off with? See how accusations without proof work? I can make up whatever bullshit I like too.
what the hell does that mean , i dont fuckin love shitcoins, but i also dont like power trippin idiots, that what this thread is

yes you cant keep a exchange together, but your going to save us from shitcoins.  

j

when thats the only argument you have, i sort of feel bad for you. not really though. thinner heads always prevail.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
what the hell does that mean , i dont fuckin love shitcoins, but i also dont like power trippin idiots, that what this thread is

yes you cant keep a exchange together, but your going to save us from shitcoins.  

j
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1022
LOL WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS THREAD ??

a forum that discusses what most people deny
Sound like Power Trippers looking for power, the market will decide, no one needs any of you to save them
j

P.S.

Do you know how f &(king  Insulting you all are, like were all so stupid you need to save us, we dont need saving and were not asking you to.

also
Nobody wants a  crypto KKK saying who is worthy or not, that will make things look worse then the shit coins you want to stop

obvious agenda is obvious. self reinforcing statement is self reinforcing.

Having unrealistic goals or having your head in the clouds about creating the next Bitcoin or turning on a whole nation into cryptocurrency isn't criminal in character, it's just being naive. Until we see the creator of AUR run off with the premine for instance, any accusation of fraud is questionable at best, having suspicions is one thing but throwing out accusations without evidence is another.

Personally to me the biggest shenanigans of all revolves around Litecoin with its massive amounts of fake volume going on in the Chinese exchanges, one exchange in particular that is owned by the BROTHER of the developer for Litecoin. Imagine if Satoshi's brother opened up an exchange and tried to sell you Bitcoin? I know it wouldn't make me comfortable. But whatever, it is obvious there is a clear schism between the "old crypto money" and the "new" crypto money and the 1st generation has hated most alts from the very beginning so I take any accusations of "scam" with a grain of salt.

Remember, Doge was called a scam and the creator was verbally assaulted and accused that he'd premined a bunch and would run off with it and crash the currency. Not only did this NOT happen, the guy even turned down 500k in venture capital money! How many of the professional trolls in btc-e who spend 8 hours a day trashing alts would have such strong hands? I bet very few.

bullshit. your posts fails to make any credible point at all. try again, scam pumper.

Wow. How can you even say that? What he said has some valid points (some of what he said is fact, even) and you are just dismissing them on principle. Please refute what he just said. Has the creator of AUR ran off with the premine yet? Is the brother of Litecoin's developer not the owner of an exchange? Is DOGE a scam? Did the DOGE dev not turn down 500k venture capital?

In my book, people who throw around accusations without anything to back them up are the ones who get labelled "scammers".

yeah no fucking shit. this is worse than a bar that doesn't card when it comes to daily rape. ffs people are not even trying any more. where is the innovation? this is just bulls shit.

you just agreed with him, and he was disagreeing with my premise. so which is it? you're either for these scams or against them. pick a side.

You didn't respond to my post. Why is that? Were any of solid's points that I reiterated factually incorrect? And if I had to pick a side I would clearly be against scam coins since they in no way benefit me. Don't try to polarize things such that everybody who disagrees with something you say automatically disagrees with the idea that scamcoins are bad. You are putting a mean, arrogant face on this entire operation which I thought was supposed to be an admirable cause.

It is an admirable cause, whether you feel like there is sufficient evidence or not. Word's paint pictures, they cannot change facts, only perception itself can be changed. solid is wrong in every single way, and his posts potray a childish way of thinking that is so becoming of this community. I've stated my views in this thread, though i will personally not participate in such a group, i will most certainly support it. A buffer is needed, by whatever means necessary. Whether you can accept that fact or not is an entirely different question. I eagerly await your response. I'm sure it will be chocked full of the same tireless and childish logic.
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
Sound like Power Trippers looking for power, the market will decide, no one needs any of you to save them
j

P.S.

Do you know how f &(king  Insulting you all are, like were all so stupid you need to save us, we dont need saving and were not asking you to.

also
Nobody wants a  crypto KKK saying who is worthy or not, that will make things look worse then the shit coins you want to stop
Activity: 868

No I'm just against holier than thou self-appointed committees who think they know what is good for crypto, look how well the Bitcoin Foundation turned out.

Also if the rumors about this "Project Shitcoin" and the Blackcoin MultiPool are true, DDoSing a pool you don't like puts you squarely in the criminal category.

Your agenda is obvious. find a new occupation.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I'm really quite sane!
One thing i see always in scamcoin threads is people that just created a profile posting good comments about a super new coins. And there are many of them. Sockpuppets. Now when someone tells people to beware of the coin they attack him and obviouly when you have 10 good fake comments and 1 bad this is going to allure noobs.

Now this unfortunately cant be fought just with "education" cause some people do just that. Good commenting with fake accounts on shitty coins...

So an idea:

What about regulating noobs from posting in altcoins? Like you need 1 month old account and/or some activity at least...

With this the way i see it you make the job of sockpuppets difficult and you also make noobs to be more active with bitcoin...

I like this idea.
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
I'm curious to see what all of you think of my CryptoCasino Protocol and CCC (Crypto Casino Chips)
legendary
Activity: 1246

No I'm just against holier than thou self-appointed committees who think they know what is good for crypto, look how well the Bitcoin Foundation turned out.

Also if the rumors about this "Project Shitcoin" and the Blackcoin MultiPool are true, DDoSing a pool you don't like puts you squarely in the criminal category.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
One thing i see always in scamcoin threads is people that just created a profile posting good comments about a super new coins. And there are many of them. Sockpuppets. Now when someone tells people to beware of the coin they attack him and obviouly when you have 10 good fake comments and 1 bad this is going to allure noobs.

Now this unfortunately cant be fought just with "education" cause some people do just that. Good commenting with fake accounts on shitty coins...

So an idea:

What about regulating noobs from posting in altcoins? Like you need 1 month old account and/or some activity at least...

With this the way i see it you make the job of sockpuppets difficult and you also make noobs to be more active with bitcoin...
Pages:
Jump to: