Pages:
Author

Topic: Operation Shitcoin Cleanout and Clean Up Has Begun- Join the Revolution- Re-open - page 95. (Read 176798 times)

Activity: 311
Merit: 250
can this actualy make a difference ? Lol i wanna see
Activity: 686
Merit: 504
always the student, never the master.
Greececoin 22 March ?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-greececoin-grce-mining-pool-needed-block-explorer-bounty-available-516955

another 50% premine scamcoin. Guy telling about giving it to Greeks with ID only he doesnt even know how Greek IDs are working...also sockpuppet and bullshiting all over the thread...

yep. one called Silicon Valley Coin as well.
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
Greececoin 22 March ?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-greececoin-grce-mining-pool-needed-block-explorer-bounty-available-516955

another 50% premine scamcoin. Guy telling about giving it to Greeks with ID only he doesnt even know how Greek IDs are working...also sockpuppet and bullshiting all over the thread...

Activity: 658
Merit: 500
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes
Remember someone has to loose in order for you to win .. we can't all be winners ...
Not in the crypto scene where money is pulled out of thin air. Putting aside the dubious morality and the fact that is not sustainable to inflate above a certain point, it's retarded beyond belief that such an opportunity is killed with scammers!

People can even destroy the process of generating "value" out of nothing! A community needs to be of a special kind of stupid to pull this off. It's fucking unreal!

Can you explain to me how "money is pulled out of thin air" - I don't seem to understand this concept ..
Well, the block subsidy either from proof-of-work mining but also from staking, steadily increases the money supply. Yes, the rate of increase slows down with time, but the transaction fees tend to motivate PoW mining to go on, etc...

For each new coin which is created ( ideally a just a few), with development support, with it being accepted for goods or services, that also increases the amount of money. That would be ideal. A few, real world useful and innovative coins where people really perceive value.

If the value is perceived, then it exists. Aren't new bitcoins pulled out of thin air? Yes, expensive ASICs are required today to mine them, but that is due to the arms race. But the point I'm trying to make is this: didn't early adopters became richer without making anyone poorer? Did they make someone lose for them to win?
legendary
Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000
Remember someone has to loose in order for you to win .. we can't all be winners ...

In crypto it is very possible and ideal to have a win win situation, you can have a situation where no one gets burnt.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Not in the crypto scene where money is pulled out of thin air. Putting aside the dubious morality and the fact that is not sustainable to inflate above a certain point, it's retarded beyond belief that such an opportunity is killed with scammers!

People can even destroy the process of generating "value" out of nothing! A community needs to be of a special kind of stupid to pull this off. It's fucking unreal!

Can you explain to me how "money is pulled out of thin air" - I don't seem to understand this concept ..
Activity: 840
Merit: 255
SportsIcon - Connect With Your Sports Heroes

Activity: 539
Dumb thread, why not go after actual scams thats happening, like some exchanges for instance that have, from what I heard coinexpw, coinmarketio and others

Looks like you want to "control" which coins are going to be popular, always someone trying to control things

This is the most depressing forum i've read since i joined here not too long ago. So, a small group of people with vested interests are going to play god and decide the fate of coins rather than letting the people decide? Uh.. Sounds similar to the government...

It's all fun and games

Destroying people's investments while claiming to be doing them a service? Fun and games for the person doing the smashing, I suppose, if you are sadistic enough.

I definitely understand the concern about scamcoins, I've already fallen victim to a few since I joined the crypto world (PANDA and MAZA) and I learned my lesson about IPOs and "sovereign state" coins. That hasn't discouraged me from continuing on trying to find a new coin which actually has potential, if anything it has made me smarter and better at picking out good investment.

Wouldn't it make more sense to take a preventive stance towards this? Rather than destroying what innocent people have already invested in, shouldn't there be a way to prevent or at least curtail the creation of said coins before they can claim victims? Destroying a "scam" coin after people have already invested in it only hurts the victims even more (sure you take down the rotten dev but you also take down a lot of innocent people- or, what if when you destroy said coin the dev has already run away with his btc and the only people left to be burned are innocent bagholders. Seems like the chances are if it is a real scam the dev would be pretty quick to get out leaving only innocents behind, right?).

Anyways, now I have an additional reason to fear for any future investments in altcoins- what if the new coin i decide to buy into next is labelled a scam coin in the near future (whether or not it is actually a "scam" because based on what I am reading here the definition of "scam" seems rather ambiguous and varies depending on who you ask and what their motives are)? Seems like the only safe thing to do is buy into established coins or ones which don't meet the prerequisites for being a scam... oh wait, I think that might be the motive of the people who are doing this...
Activity: 868
Is there a forum, list, or something where somebody reputable and honest will give you an educated opinion on whether or not a coin is a scam? That would be very helpful.
legendary
so their own dead shitcoins can be revived.

hence the choice of senior members; whos coin choices are doing pretty damn good Wink
legendary

What is happening now is fraud and corruption; nothing else.   
In my opinion, that seems to be what the OP wants to destroy and I support that position fully.

Yes what people are misunderstanding, is that its not about killing coins we don't like, but cleaning up and preventing fraud, many newbies who have fallen for these frauds are going to lash out against the cleanup of fraud.

However if you invest in coins with decent devs and communities you have nothing to fear.
Activity: 802
Merit: 1003
GCVMMWH
I've said this many times in the past. The solution to the shit-coin problem is simple. Employ an options style system that is used for pre-mines.
This would not involve "attacking" anyone's coins or pools, and would still allow the freedom that open source projects are supposed to thrive on.

Essentially a dev creates a coin and premines 0.125% of total coins in block 2.  From 25% to 50% of them are fair game depending on the innovation that the coin provides and can be sold whenever to pay for the cost of actually developing the coin. Anyone that thinks the dev should not be paid for their hard work is taking the extreme position on the other side after all.  The rest should be frozen for 6 months at least.

This would be the same as company options that are issued to CEO's, etc., during an IPO.  If Larry Page and Sergey Brin sold all of their Google stock within the first 2 weeks that GOOG went public, Google would no longer exist. Yet this happens on the regular with shit coins around here. The community needs to have the same intelligence when it comes to any coin that is released. Satoshi has not spent ANY of the almost 1M coins that he/she mined, so there's also that  Wink

What is happening now is fraud and corruption; nothing else.   
In my opinion, that seems to be what the OP wants to destroy and I support that position fully.

This is the most depressing forum i've read since i joined here not too long ago. So, a small group of people with vested interests are going to play god and decide the fate of coins rather than letting the people decide? Uh.. Sounds similar to the government...

It's all fun and games

Destroying people's investments while claiming to be doing them a service? Fun and games for the person doing the smashing, I suppose, if you are sadistic enough.

I definitely understand the concern about scamcoins, I've already fallen victim to a few since I joined the crypto world (PANDA and MAZA) and I learned my lesson about IPOs and "sovereign state" coins. That hasn't discouraged me from continuing on trying to find a new coin which actually has potential, if anything it has made me smarter and better at picking out good investment.

Wouldn't it make more sense to take a preventive stance towards this? Rather than destroying what innocent people have already invested in, shouldn't there be a way to prevent or at least curtail the creation of said coins before they can claim victims? Destroying a "scam" coin after people have already invested in it only hurts the victims even more (sure you take down the rotten dev but you also take down a lot of innocent people- or, what if when you destroy said coin the dev has already run away with his btc and the only people left to be burned are innocent bagholders. Seems like the chances are if it is a real scam the dev would be pretty quick to get out leaving only innocents behind, right?).

Anyways, now I have an additional reason to fear for any future investments in altcoins- what if the new coin i decide to buy into next is labelled a scam coin in the near future (whether or not it is actually a "scam" because based on what I am reading here the definition of "scam" seems rather ambiguous and varies depending on who you ask and what their motives are)? Seems like the only safe thing to do is buy into established coins or ones which don't meet the prerequisites for being a scam... oh wait, I think that might be the motive of the people who are doing this...
Activity: 364
They are interested in wiping out coins they see doing well, such as Black Coin, so their own dead shitcoins can be revived.
legendary

If that vested interest means the survival of the alt coins and less scams, sounds fine to me.

btw the plan is to let the people decide, but mostly the senior members who are more interested in cryptos surviving then making fiat.

It's all fun and games

Pages:
Jump to: