Pages:
Author

Topic: Opinion on the US - page 6. (Read 18959 times)

Activity: 134
Merit: 100
December 11, 2013, 05:54:42 PM
   Recent news: Young black kid was walking home, snatched by cops and some guy, which accused that kid of theft. Black kid went to prison at age 16, and was recently released at age 20. No compensation, "you're free to go".

In Russia you'd be at least charged and trialed with some fake evidence. In US judicial system is so awkward, that stuff like this happens all the time. Jailing for facebook comments, some black dude fined for using 'nigger' word, etc.
Yeah, and only in US you can find streets named after black criminals.
Only in US thanks to special programs black guy will be accepted in college easier than white one.
Only in US the black community organizer can become the president just because his black.
Only in US the same community organizer will be reelected when country falling into disaster, and for the same reason.
And do not criticize community organizer, otherwise you will be called racist.
I can continue, but I am not going to follow this post anymore.
December 11, 2013, 05:43:12 PM
Why not to talk about Iran foreign policy or freedom in North Korea?

Aside from being a red herring, no reason.

I live in the Empire. I don't live in Iran or North Korea. But since you brought it up...

Iran, established in it's current borders during the British Mandate, formerly part of the Persian Empire. A State of (if memory serves) 27 million people, has a foreign policy of keeping their head down and flapping their tongues. They have never in their modern history invaded another country, unless you count pushing the Iraqi army back some twenty kilometers across the border in repelling their invasion.

During that same period, how many nations has the USA invaded (fuck the pretext, just the number.)

I don't know. I was born in the latter part of the first half of that history. But off the top of my head I get, in my lifetime or just before it, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Haiti (twice), Grenada, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Ethiopia, Yugoslavia, Panama, Columbia (repeatedly)... And I know this is not a complete list.

During the aforementioned time frame, Iran has pushed for, gotten, and enforced economic sanctions (which only ever strengthen the radicals under them) against, again, no country. The Empire has pushed for, gotten, and enforced so many international sanctions that even THEY lose track.

Your flag waving is annoying, to say the least, but you should REALLY pick better negative examples. Just because the master whose boots you lick so lovingly wants to invade Iran doesn't make them a good negative.

As for the comic opera that is North Korea?

What foreign policy? Glare at US troops across the DMZ?

You're not comparing apples to oranges, you're comparing apples to rocks. They don't even bear the relationship of both being fruits.
i did not read whole your post after you call opponent an

Oh, you forgot somehow participation in World War Two.
Two bad you don't want to live in Iran or North Korea and prefer US. Some dogs bite the feeding hands...
I'm sure your favorite president is Obama. And the most funny thing is you voted for him again.

How badly did you fail your reading comprehension tests in school? Based on this reply, I'd have to posit that it was a train wreck.

I said these examples were IN MY LIFETIME. I was born in 1968. I remember Vietnam, myself. I wasn't very old, but I remember it. Korea was a recent memory for my parents, and WWII was a bit more in the past.

Further, IN THIS THREAD ALONE I have mentioned multiple times that *I* DO NOT VOTE. The system is illegitimate in every sense of the word, even if one were just to buy into the existing constitution. Not one of the wars I mentioned was given legal sanction by the very government that purported to support it, thus exacerbating the problem and allowing them to use truly egregious tactics, such as abandoning their own soldiers among other things. Mai Lai did not happen in a vacuum.

H.L. Menken, who you would hate since thinking was his forte, once said “The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.”

This is me. I was once as bad a flag waving idiot as you. Well, no, not that bad, I actually read and try to understand history, but still, close. I woke up. I didn't hit the snooze button. Try it.

No, I did not vote for Obama. I did not vote for Ron Paul. I did not vote for any of them. I don't vote. If you could demonstrate any substantive difference between the Democrats and the Republicans since 1861, you'll be the first. Given your post history, I doubt you'll get there.

If you DO vote, you cannot bitch, because you have accepted the idiotic notion that the mob makes good decisions, and that they should be binding on everyone regardless of desired outcome. It's hokum, and anyone who gives it more than ten minutes thought knows so.

And one more thing. READ. When you don't, and reply anyway, it makes you look like a perfect idiot. Nobody is perfect, but appearances and all that...

I did not read your post to the end, I stopped after you called the opponent "an idiot". It says enough about you. And yes, I think it is good you did not vote. At least you did some positive things in your life.
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
November 27, 2013, 04:58:06 PM

I live in the Empire. I don't live in Iran or North Korea. But since you brought it up...

Iran, established in it's current borders during the British Mandate, formerly part of the Persian Empire. A State of (if memory serves) 27 million people, has a foreign policy of keeping their head down and flapping their tongues. They have never in their modern history invaded another country, unless you count pushing the Iraqi army back some twenty kilometers across the border in repelling their invasion.

During that same period, how many nations has the USA invaded (fuck the pretext, just the number.)

I don't know. I was born in the latter part of the first half of that history. But off the top of my head I get, in my lifetime or just before it, Vietnam, Laos, Cambodia, Haiti (twice), Grenada, Afghanistan, Iraq, Somalia, Ethiopia, Yugoslavia, Panama, Columbia (repeatedly)... And I know this is not a complete list.

During the aforementioned time frame, Iran has pushed for, gotten, and enforced economic sanctions (which only ever strengthen the radicals under them) against, again, no country. The Empire has pushed for, gotten, and enforced so many international sanctions that even THEY lose track.

Your flag waving is annoying, to say the least, but you should REALLY pick better negative examples. Just because the master whose boots you lick so lovingly wants to invade Iran doesn't make them a good negative.

You're not comparing apples to oranges, you're comparing apples to rocks. They don't even bear the relationship of both being fruits.

Two bad you don't want to live in Iran or North Korea and prefer US. Some dogs bite the feeding hands...
I'm sure your favorite president is Obama. And the most funny thing is you voted for him again.

How badly did you fail your reading comprehension tests in school? Based on this reply, I'd have to posit that it was a train wreck.

I said these examples were IN MY LIFETIME. I was born in 1968. I remember Vietnam, myself. I wasn't very old, but I remember it. Korea was a recent memory for my parents, and WWII was a bit more in the past.

Further, IN THIS THREAD ALONE I have mentioned multiple times that *I* DO NOT VOTE. The system is illegitimate in every sense of the word, even if one were just to buy into the existing constitution. Not one of the wars I mentioned was given legal sanction by the very government that purported to support it, thus exacerbating the problem and allowing them to use truly egregious tactics, such as abandoning their own soldiers among other things. Mai Lai did not happen in a vacuum.

H.L. Menken, who you would hate since thinking was his forte, once said “The notion that a radical is one who hates his country is naïve and usually idiotic. He is, more likely, one who likes his country more than the rest of us, and is thus more disturbed than the rest of us when he sees it debauched. He is not a bad citizen turning to crime; he is a good citizen driven to despair.”

This is me. I was once as bad a flag waving idiot as you. Well, no, not that bad, I actually read and try to understand history, but still, close. I woke up. I didn't hit the snooze button. Try it.

No, I did not vote for Obama. I did not vote for Ron Paul. I did not vote for any of them. I don't vote. If you could demonstrate any substantive difference between the Democrats and the Republicans since 1861, you'll be the first. Given your post history, I doubt you'll get there.

If you DO vote, you cannot bitch, because you have accepted the idiotic notion that the mob makes good decisions, and that they should be binding on everyone regardless of desired outcome. It's hokum, and anyone who gives it more than ten minutes thought knows so.

And one more thing. READ. When you don't, and reply anyway, it makes you look like a perfect idiot. Nobody is perfect, but appearances and all that...
Activity: 980
Merit: 500
FREE $50 BONUS - STAKE - [click signature]
November 27, 2013, 09:55:10 AM
   Recent news: Young black kid was walking home, snatched by cops and some guy, which accused that kid of theft. Black kid went to prison at age 16, and was recently released at age 20. No compensation, "you're free to go".

In Russia you'd be at least charged and trialed with some fake evidence. In US judicial system is so awkward, that stuff like this happens all the time. Jailing for facebook comments, some black dude fined for using 'nigger' word, etc.
Activity: 168
November 25, 2013, 01:28:47 AM

Do you ever been in China or Russia?
I have lived in Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Although HK doesn't count as China.

How about you, Oldgamer? Have you been to China or North Korea? or have only heard of these places on CNN?

I'll guess that he's one of the immigrants who feels that he has to be a hard-core right-winger to prove his allegiance to the U.S.  I think he said he's Russian or something.  Seems like a Fox News sort of guy.

I've not been to Russia, but I have been to China.  I most certainly did NOT feel more free there.  I felt safe enough because there seemed to be pretty a pretty significant understanding that Westerners were to be treated well by the authorities.  My friends did not seem comfortable with the police at all (and they were perfectly normal software engineers and so on.)  I don't think one can put lipstick on the pig and paint China as some bastion of liberty and personal freedom.  My main hope is that we can keep the U.S. from sinking down to that level.  Of course I hope that China continues to improve, but I live in the U.S. and I care a lot more about what happens here.  And of course I care deeply about our deplorable behavior globally.

At first, in US I do not need to prove anything. Second, it is funny how one guy accused me to watch CNN, and another Fox.
And yes, in Russia you better be loyal to authorities. Not like in US.
Third, if I was feeling to prove my allegiance to the US, why I would criticize Obama? I actually can say that he is disaster for US. So, sorry, but accusing me in this does look stupid after all, is it?

let the people decide then  Wink
November 24, 2013, 11:39:18 PM

I have lived in Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. Although HK doesn't count as China.

How about you, Oldgamer? Have you been to China or North Korea? or have only heard of these places on CNN?

I'll guess that he's one of the immigrants who feels that he has to be a hard-core right-winger to prove his allegiance to the U.S.  I think he said he's Russian or something.  Seems like a Fox News sort of guy.

I've not been to Russia, but I have been to China.  I most certainly did NOT feel more free there.  I felt safe enough because there seemed to be pretty a pretty significant understanding that Westerners were to be treated well by the authorities.  My friends did not seem comfortable with the police at all (and they were perfectly normal software engineers and so on.)  I don't think one can put lipstick on the pig and paint China as some bastion of liberty and personal freedom.  My main hope is that we can keep the U.S. from sinking down to that level.  Of course I hope that China continues to improve, but I live in the U.S. and I care a lot more about what happens here.  And of course I care deeply about our deplorable behavior globally.

At first, in US I do not need to prove anything. Second, it is funny how one guy accused me to watch CNN, and another Fox.
And yes, in Russia you better be loyal to authorities. Not like in US.
Third, if I was feeling to prove my allegiance to the US, why I would criticize Obama? I actually can say that he is disaster for US. So, sorry, but accusing me in this does look stupid after all, does it?
November 24, 2013, 10:40:40 PM

I'll guess that he's one of the immigrants who feels that he has to be a hard-core right-winger to prove his allegiance to the U.S.  I think he said he's Russian or something.  Seems like a Fox News sort of guy.

I've not been to Russia, but I have been to China.  I most certainly did NOT feel more free there.  I felt safe enough because there seemed to be pretty a pretty significant understanding that Westerners were to be treated well by the authorities.  My friends did not seem comfortable with the police at all (and they were perfectly normal software engineers and so on.)  I don't think one can put lipstick on the pig and paint China as some bastion of liberty and personal freedom.  My main hope is that we can keep the U.S. from sinking down to that level.  Of course I hope that China continues to improve, but I live in the U.S. and I care a lot more about what happens here.  And of course I care deeply about our deplorable behavior globally.

I have no intention to settle down in the US, so long as 'emotions' govern the country instead of pure reason. Fox news? please.

for all I care you could make your country become another Singapore or another Norway. So long as you remain rational and consequential, and don't employ double standards where ever you please, I don't give a fuck.  

Also, I must not let this slip: have you noticed how just after my first post on here I have already been accused by Oldgamer of watching CNN and being a leftist, while tvbcof accused me of watching Fox and being a hardcore rightist? this shit is just ridiculous, and you don't realize it. that's my point.

I am neither, and don't give half a shit about your president, either.

It can be very entertaining though when people like you two find me in real life and start to bitch about the other side. I usually just agree with them to preserve good relations. And think what I do.
November 24, 2013, 10:35:04 PM
The biggest shortcoming of the US: The laws and judgements handed down vary GREATLY from state to state and jury from jury, and therefore in my opinion this takes away any feeling of 'rule of law'. Don't agree yet? Let me give you an example for the rule of law in America today: Morton Berger, a high school teacher gets 200 years for the possession of 20 lewd images of children. This happens in Arizona, where the 200 years is exactly the MINIMUM MANDATORY sentence for this crime of possessing 20 lewd images (10 years per count, each image a different count, to be served consecutively). Berger took this to the Sumpreme Court, which threw his case out without even hearing it. Why? because in America you dont discuss such taboo subjects, or else you will look bad. Not to mention that in a state like Hawaii this would not even result in his incarceration AT ALL, and even in neighboring states he would have gotten off with a suspended or a 1-2 year sentence. The federal law dictates 5 years maximum. Yet against all this, his quasi-life term was not ruled unconstitutional or cruel by any higher court.

Talking of which, let's now skip to 2013, when Terry Peters, the husband of the Bush era Transportation Secretary was sentenced to 14 years for raping a 7-year old girl. Arizona also, even the same county if I got it right. Have a look around, where can you find reports of either of these two? Google news will bring up 1-2 American reports on them.

This above example illustrates the rule of law in america where laws are made to please the masses, and if so need be, the media will do as told - just like in the so called worst communist regimes of the world. America, where downloading lewd images gets you life, while raping an actual child 14 years.

It could be a great country, and it sure was built on great values. However, as the above illustrates it has drifted far from those values in the past couple decades especially.

in short, justice system is a joke, and so is the media. I would rather live in a place like singapore where laws are as tough as they get, yet you KNOW what you will get or not get for a given offense.
Why don't you talk about rules in Iran or Iraq, some people here like those countries so much. Over there woman would be killed if somebody rapes her. Sure the rapists would be free.
And again, why don't you really leave for Singapore?

at the very least those countries you mention don't advertise themselves as bastillions of freedom, and their citizens don't believe that either. also, they don't go on invading random countries (Libya, Iraq) with made-up excuses every 5-10 years. In all, the US is probably one of the worst cases of a police state, and I personally feel a lot more free in China or Russia than in the US.

Singapore is a great place, and I would leave there given the chance. Any day.

and dont forget this democracy bullshit, either. Americans love to believe that their two-party system is the one and only truly democratic system in the world. Not to mention that really it does not make any REAL difference whether democrats or republicans are in power, have you not realized that yet?

You been in those countries as a tourist, you did not live there. China made some success only because they start to move to free market direction, and in most places people still very poor. In big cities they live better, thank to the jobs moved from US.
I lived in Russia, not been a tourist. My opinion based on my experience, not based on CNN, probably yours is cause that station is for leftists.
I wish you live there, probably you would have other opinion and more real knowledge.

if you care to read, I have lived in China. Also, I have been to russia and georgia (for two months), but never lived there longer, never claimed that, either.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
November 24, 2013, 10:23:51 PM

I'll guess that he's one of the immigrants who feels that he has to be a hard-core right-winger to prove his allegiance to the U.S.  I think he said he's Russian or something.  Seems like a Fox News sort of guy.

I've not been to Russia, but I have been to China.  I most certainly did NOT feel more free there.  I felt safe enough because there seemed to be pretty a pretty significant understanding that Westerners were to be treated well by the authorities.  My friends did not seem comfortable with the police at all (and they were perfectly normal software engineers and so on.)  I don't think one can put lipstick on the pig and paint China as some bastion of liberty and personal freedom.  My main hope is that we can keep the U.S. from sinking down to that level.  Of course I hope that China continues to improve, but I live in the U.S. and I care a lot more about what happens here.  And of course I care deeply about our deplorable behavior globally.

November 24, 2013, 10:17:46 PM
The biggest shortcoming of the US: The laws and judgements handed down vary GREATLY from state to state and jury from jury, and therefore in my opinion this takes away any feeling of 'rule of law'. Don't agree yet? Let me give you an example for the rule of law in America today: Morton Berger, a high school teacher gets 200 years for the possession of 20 lewd images of children. This happens in Arizona, where the 200 years is exactly the MINIMUM MANDATORY sentence for this crime of possessing 20 lewd images (10 years per count, each image a different count, to be served consecutively). Berger took this to the Sumpreme Court, which threw his case out without even hearing it. Why? because in America you dont discuss such taboo subjects, or else you will look bad. Not to mention that in a state like Hawaii this would not even result in his incarceration AT ALL, and even in neighboring states he would have gotten off with a suspended or a 1-2 year sentence. The federal law dictates 5 years maximum. Yet against all this, his quasi-life term was not ruled unconstitutional or cruel by any higher court.

Talking of which, let's now skip to 2013, when Terry Peters, the husband of the Bush era Transportation Secretary was sentenced to 14 years for raping a 7-year old girl. Arizona also, even the same county if I got it right. Have a look around, where can you find reports of either of these two? Google news will bring up 1-2 American reports on them.

This above example illustrates the rule of law in america where laws are made to please the masses, and if so need be, the media will do as told - just like in the so called worst communist regimes of the world. America, where downloading lewd images gets you life, while raping an actual child 14 years.

It could be a great country, and it sure was built on great values. However, as the above illustrates it has drifted far from those values in the past couple decades especially.

in short, justice system is a joke, and so is the media. I would rather live in a place like singapore where laws are as tough as they get, yet you KNOW what you will get or not get for a given offense.
Why don't you talk about rules in Iran or Iraq, some people here like those countries so much. Over there woman would be killed if somebody rapes her. Sure the rapists would be free.

at the very least those countries you mention don't advertise themselves as bastillions of freedom, and their citizens don't believe that either. also, they don't go on invading random countries (Libya, Iraq) with made-up excuses every 5-10 years. In all, the US is probably one of the worst cases of a police state, and I personally feel a lot more free in China or Russia than in the US.

and dont forget this democracy bullshit, either. Americans love to believe that their two-party system is the one and only truly democratic system in the world. Not to mention that really it does not make any REAL difference whether democrats or republicans are in power, have you not realized that yet?

You been in those countries as a tourist, you did not live there. China made some success only because they start to move to free market direction, and in most places people still very poor. In big cities they live better, thank to the jobs moved from US.
I lived in Russia, not been a tourist. My opinion based on my experience, not based on CNN, probably yours is cause that station is for leftists.
I wish you live there, probably you would have other opinion and more real knowledge.
November 24, 2013, 10:06:42 PM

Activity: 210
November 24, 2013, 10:05:50 PM

Right on, bro!  
November 24, 2013, 09:49:12 PM

November 24, 2013, 09:36:09 PM

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1003
November 24, 2013, 09:34:06 PM
Why don't you talk about rules in Iran or Iraq, some people here like those countries so much.

Re: Opinion on the US

^

I don't think those countries are any better, for the record.
November 24, 2013, 09:17:34 PM

November 24, 2013, 09:11:40 PM

November 24, 2013, 03:07:47 AM

legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022
Anarchy is not chaos.
November 24, 2013, 02:35:52 AM

November 23, 2013, 10:13:43 PM
Pages:
Jump to: