Pages:
Author

Topic: Opinion on the US - page 2. (Read 18959 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 250
et rich or die tryi
July 28, 2014, 07:29:48 AM
I don't really care about it. it's a global superpower but really all i see it good for is holidays!
DrG
legendary
Activity: 2086
Merit: 1035
July 28, 2014, 07:25:04 AM
As a citizen I can say that the government no longer represents the people.  The U.S has taken on the role of "big brother" in the world and now is expected to resolve problems everywhere when we do nothing for our own issues.  There is constant conflict both in and of itself and worldwide!  Non-stop fraud and criminal investigations from the top to the bottom and never any punishment! 

I'll second this.  US citizen born and raised but I don't feel like the government has my best interests at the top of their agenda - I think their more interested in keeping personal power to live like little kings of their fiefdoms with the POTUS as emperor.
Activity: 336
July 28, 2014, 06:57:59 AM
As a citizen I can say that the government no longer represents the people.  The U.S has taken on the role of "big brother" in the world and now is expected to resolve problems everywhere when we do nothing for our own issues.  There is constant conflict both in and of itself and worldwide!  Non-stop fraud and criminal investigations from the top to the bottom and never any punishment! 
Activity: 504
July 28, 2014, 03:51:01 AM
I want to say that US is better than many place but the American dream is more and more killed by the government.
Activity: 336
July 28, 2014, 02:32:02 AM
government is evil ño matter where at or what form
Activity: 756
Merit: 506
July 28, 2014, 02:25:32 AM
I'm old enough to remember what US manufacturing was like until the jobs were sent overseas.   The made in America was never as good as people claimed it to be.  I'm referring to those Zenith televisions that would always break!  Zenith doesn't even exist anymore.   Shocked  Now a more contemporary reminder are all those recalls in the US automobile manufacturers.

As much as people say made in China is junk - my clothes made in China haven't exploded on me yet, neither has my Ipod or the computer parts I bought over the years that came from China.  I haven't had a TV made overseas die on me yet, even though I witnessed multiple Zenith and other American brands die.   Let's face it the stuff made in East Asia is better than the stuff that was ever made in America.

Interestingly enough I was going through the history books and found out this has always been the case with American manufacturing.  Americans back in the 1860s, 1890s and the 1900s were calling for tariffs and the main argument was that American products (due to being inferior) couldn't compete with oversea products hence we needed a tariff to save our industry.

For all the argument of the WASP work ethic - it doesn't seem to have materialized much in US history outside of the armaments industry.  

legendary
Activity: 1680
Merit: 1014
July 28, 2014, 01:41:30 AM
Missing the option of "global bully", so voted for money injection.
Activity: 218
Merit: 101
July 28, 2014, 01:21:35 AM
Voted fat people because that is my only impression.
Activity: 52
Merit: 0
July 27, 2014, 10:06:58 PM
Back in time US could be an American Dream, but now it's just a place, otherwise i still can't get in there without visa ;s
The americian dream is gone because excess regulations and taxes have driven businesses away annd because unions have bled the businesses that did stay dry.
Activity: 518
July 27, 2014, 08:00:49 PM
land of drons, GMO, chemtrails....

...and faux news

also the land of guatanamo. we got all the best stuff  (sarcasm)
legendary
Activity: 3108
Merit: 1359
July 27, 2014, 07:14:12 PM
Seems as a joke, but...

[X] Totalitarian state under silent occupation.

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
July 27, 2014, 06:53:53 PM
Bump for new voters of 2014 Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1053
Please do not PM me loan requests!
February 14, 2014, 08:10:26 PM
I would like to know the general opinion of my country.
Nobody seems to like it, I don't really like it and it has this weird dollar thing.

Is it really your country?
You have Russian name. Also, what you mean under "weird dollar thing"?

Yes,  I am American.
The dollar is foreign to me because of my potentially harmful obsession with bitcoin Smiley
Everyone here pronounces my name like 'Teris' but the only Russian thing about me is my name. I've never been outside of the states all my life.
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
February 13, 2014, 11:20:56 AM
they have MBL, NHL and others league, and they call (themself) the winers world champion?Huh
wtf

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
February 08, 2014, 05:27:27 PM
honestly, just a country (no offence meant)... currently it happens to be the world's superpower in military and economic terms but I don't see a reason why it should pride itself on being the greatest, most democratic country, etc. there are many countries in the world that respect human rights, guarantee freedom of speech, assembly etc. (just look to Western Europe). and not a few of them have better healthcare and educational systems than US. some of them also had their "15 minutes of fame" in the past (a bit similar to the current US position).

and I'm not sure about American dream - I've recently come across some sociological studies about declining social mobility (but I admit that's a problem in other Western countries too).
legendary
Activity: 2124
Merit: 1013
K-ing®
February 05, 2014, 06:45:05 AM
false flag country, without medical care
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
January 10, 2014, 11:24:57 PM
Weather it was or not, what it is being used to justify is neither a good end nor a good means.
The insinuations of past conspiracy drags folks away from the matters at hand today and now.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
January 10, 2014, 09:41:48 PM
It no longer matters whether or not 9-11 was a false flag, the effect is the same.
We have yet to shed the excessive burdens we adopted due to perceived threat.
It is entrenched.

More and more I'm coming to the opinion that it does indeed matter.  The latest impulse is that it is being used fairly blatantly to make some significant changes to the foundational documents of our country.

The concept of privacy was probably equally well understood by the framers of the constitution as by some of us now.  There is nothing new about collection and collation of internal intelligence data, and the mischief that can (and almost certainly will) be caused by groups of people who have the ability to obtain and leverage this info.  There is no doubt in my mind that many of the framers had a very 'modern' understanding of these things because, again, they have not actually changed very much since Roman times and probably before.

9/11 is trotted out to justify these foundational changes and that is a bad thing.  A very bad thing in my mind.  To me and many other people who have studied things a bit (and are able to parse Harrit's study paper, have worked in demolition, etc) it is pretty much beyond doubt 9/11 was an 'inside job.'  As (and if) more people accept the event for what it is, it will be more difficult to use it as a justification to change the nature of our nation.

- edit: spelling and link:  http://nielsharrit.org/

legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
January 10, 2014, 08:01:06 PM
It no longer matters whether or not 9-11 was a false flag, the effect is the same.
We have yet to shed the excessive burdens we adopted due to perceived threat.
It is entrenched.
legendary
Activity: 4690
Merit: 1276
January 10, 2014, 03:48:19 PM
it's all soaked with corruption. greed is the prevailing attitude.

democrarcy in the the US is a thing of the past. a democracy with two parties, seriously? and the one with the most money wins. the system is a joke. and i think no other western nation has such an effective brainwashing machinery going to keep their people uninformed and distracted.

while at the same time i have a feeling that more and more people are waking up from the american dream and realize they are stuck with a system that only acts in favor of the 1% and abuses all the rest.

apart from that the US is an amazingly beautiful country and there are lots of awesome people over there.

Grin

The way we resoundingly said 'Hell No!' to the Syria thing did a lot to restore my faith in our population.  This even when a lot of people bought the crap about 'the Butcher of Damascus' and his proposed use of sarin to 'kill his own people.'  Of course a lot of us (and seemingly a vast majority of clued in analysts world wide) had this pegged as obvious bullshit all through the media phase of the project.

Probably the most interesting thing was the dis-connect between our government and the attitude of the population.  Seems that Rice, Kerry, and their ilk thought they it would be no problem to herd us into yet another war and received an unexpected bitch-slap.  (And an equally devastating one from Great Brittain which was nice to see...to bad the French are such scum, but at least their influence is minimal.)  The unfortunate side effect of this is that now it is clear that a somewhat more powerful persuasive tool will be needed for the next run.  The effects of 9/11 operation are obviously getting a bit long in the tooth.

Pages:
Jump to: