Pages:
Author

Topic: Optiminer/Zcash v1.7 (GPU, Windows+Linux, AMD) - page 16. (Read 115936 times)

Activity: 187
Merit: 100
Two of my 6xMSI R9 390 rigs work fine with stock .rom and Ubuntu 12.04/Cataalyst 15.12. The third one 6xMSI R9 390 with custom rom (made based on https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/one-way-to-undervolt-r9-300-series-cards-by-bios-mod-1465128) does not work at all on optiminer 1.5(either Ubuntu or Win7. Stops at once after the first card is initiated. Lower intensity does not help) but works fine on Claymore 11.1 and 1.4. 
@optiminer
What can be the reason of that? Can you please give any suggestions how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

There is not that much change between 1.4 and 1.5 so this surprises me. The number of computations done has been reduced, so it memory is probably stressed more which could interfere with your custom rom tuning.
Activity: 224
CryptoLearner
Two of my 6xMSI R9 390 rigs work fine with stock .rom and Ubuntu 12.04/Cataalyst 15.12. The third one 6xMSI R9 390 with custom rom (made based on https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/one-way-to-undervolt-r9-300-series-cards-by-bios-mod-1465128) does not work at all on optiminer 1.5(either Ubuntu or Win7. Stops at once after the first card is initiated. Lower intensity does not help) but works fine on Claymore 11.1 and 1.4. 
@optiminer
What can be the reason of that? Can you please give any suggestions how to troubleshoot this?

Thanks

Try above post solution, with a modded card you push to the limit, having too much intensity with an improved optiminer kernel (1.4 to 1.5) could make it unstable, try to lower intensity for this specific card.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
@optiminer

Thanks
Activity: 150
Ok Optiminer,
I did what you said, I uninstalled the amd 16.50 and put the 16.40.
Still not mining on flypool  with 1.5
If i switch to ver 1.4 works like a charm
Miner starts but the s/s is like 0.5 per card and it all get rejected of course.

Not to discount your problem, but as another data point, I mined on flypool yesterday with v1.5 and all my rigs were running fine, as they usually do. I'm using the SSL port, for what that's worth. Have you tried a lower intensity? If the intensity is too high, you will see erratic behavior. The kernels did change between v1.4 and v1.5, so an intensity setting that worked well on v1.4 may not on v1.5. Just a thought ...
Activity: 71
Merit: 1
Ok Optiminer,
I did what you said, I uninstalled the amd 16.50 and put the 16.40.
Still not mining on flypool  with 1.5
If i switch to ver 1.4 works like a charm
Miner starts but the s/s is like 0.5 per card and it all get rejected of course.
Activity: 33
Is this speed ok or I can go higher?
Using 5X480s with 1500 straps
Ubuntu 16.04
amdgpu-pro 16.40
https://i.imgur.com/czn7LB0.png

did you check on pool if it's well reported , because lower timing sometimes get you big hashrate on screen but not in real ... will may be try that on downvolt mod

On pool it varies a lot. I'm mining with 3 rigs on MPH so cannot see individual stats. I will change the other 2 rigs on ETH and see what is gives.

you change that on stock .rom or modded .rom ?

i 'm actually using jukebox vdrop the original one , not v4.. I get around 280 S/s per card 780watt on the wall (no lower gpu volt) for 6 x rx480 8gb (sapphire)
think to lower gpu clock to 1115 and mem to 2040 on some cards , to run more stable.
i will test that soon will 1500 strap but think will be bad for ethereum.
actually i running not bad with stability on PimP 2.0.
Hello i downloaded and install gpu pro fans and sudo sensors to track temperatures Cheesy on all videocards and cpu and am i use optiminer Smiley.Im using only modder straps on both rx i have. Nano is stock mate .But ill flash the RX with lowe mV and some clock Smiley
Activity: 348
Merit: 119
Ubuntu 16.04
amdgpu-pro 16.40

did you check on pool if it's well reported , because lower timing sometimes get you big hashrate on screen but not in real ... will may be try that on downvolt mod

On pool it varies a lot. I'm mining with 3 rigs on MPH so cannot see individual stats. I will change the other 2 rigs on ETH and see what is gives.

you change that on stock .rom or modded .rom ?

i 'm actually using jukebox vdrop the original one , not v4.. I get around 280 S/s per card 780watt on the wall (no lower gpu volt) for 6 x rx480 8gb (sapphire)
think to lower gpu clock to 1115 and mem to 2040 on some cards , to run more stable.
i will test that soon will 1500 strap but think will be bad for ethereum.
actually i running not bad with stability on PimP 2.0.
Help me .I have installed opti miner everything runs fine but i shutted it off because i cant set fan speed so to not overheat my cards .Give an advise please Smiley

Try using sapphire trixx or msi afterburner to set your fan speed BEFORE starting miner... also underclock and undervolt to save on electricity costs Smiley
Eh i know but eh.. Dreams Cheesy its on ubuntu 16.04 with gpu pro 16.40 and amd sdk 3.03 e.g latest Smiley

Your gonna need custom rom bruv for linux  Cool
Probably what about fan speed?Smiley

Can you not implement that in bat file? Im sure someone knows more...

Ill wait someone ti reply about that Smiley
Activity: 83
Merit: 10
Help me .I have installed opti miner everything runs fine but i shutted it off because i cant set fan speed so to not overheat my cards .Give an advise please Smiley

Try using sapphire trixx or msi afterburner to set your fan speed BEFORE starting miner... also underclock and undervolt to save on electricity costs Smiley
Eh i know but eh.. Dreams Cheesy its on ubuntu 16.04 with gpu pro 16.40 and amd sdk 3.03 e.g latest Smiley

Can you not implement that in bat file? Im sure someone knows more...

Does anyone else get a gpu randomly drop off miner on windows 10? I mean all gpu mine well for say 12 hours then suddenly 1 drops and the rest just carry on mining? Strange bahaviour..

Activity: 129
Hello all,

Can you please share some tips on how to start to mine automatically after each reboot?
I tried putting the mining command in a script and that script in /etc/rc.local
This does not seem to work.

The content of the script is:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#mine @ flypool with optiminer
cd /home/user/optiminer-zcash;
screen -S optiminer0 ./optiminer-zcash -s eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u xxxx.amd0 -d 1;

I am using Ubuntu 16.04.1

Thank you.

I launch a screen per GPU, but I think what you want is just

>>  screen -dmS myscreenname -m sh -c "/full/path/to/optiminer-zcash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD"

Here is a snippet of my startup script, launched from rc.local

DEVICES=`lspci | grep VGA | grep AMD | wc -l`
MAXCARDNUM=$(expr $DEVICES - 1)

for x in `seq 0 $MAXCARDNUM` ; do

cat << EOF >./screenrc.$x
logfile ./screenlog.$x
EOF
  echo "$COIN Launching Miner #$x on screen$x"
  echo "./optiminer-zcash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD -d $x -i $i"
  screen -c ./screenrc.$x -L -fn  -dmS screen$x -m sh -c "./optiminer-zcash -s $POOL -u $USER -p $PASSWORD -d $x"
done
Activity: 187
Doesnt work on flypool with my rx480 anymore

Can you give some more details? What error do you get? What os, driver? Does it work on other pools?

Using ubuntu 16.04
drivers are the amd 16.50 and the app sdk is 3.0.130.136
I dont get any error, its start the mining, I get the i/s but no s/s at all
when I look at the pool stats my miner using lastest version is hightlighted in red and no solution at all going throught
While all my other rigs are all normal with 1800 ss

I suggest to try 16.40 drivers.
legendary
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Dark Passenger Bitcoin miner 2013,Bitcoin node
? do i have to add any thing to the bat file so that the miner recognizes both gpu in an amd 295x2 card
Crs
Activity: 107
Hello all,

Can you please share some tips on how to start to mine automatically after each reboot?
I tried putting the mining command in a script and that script in /etc/rc.local
This does not seem to work.

The content of the script is:

Code:
#!/bin/bash
#mine @ flypool with optiminer
cd /home/user/optiminer-zcash;
screen -S optiminer0 ./optiminer-zcash -s eu1-zcash.flypool.org:3333 -u xxxx.amd0 -d 1;

I am using Ubuntu 16.04.1

Thank you.
Activity: 114
Ubuntu 16.04
amdgpu-pro 16.40

Pages:
Jump to: