Pages:
Author

Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam - page 12. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 0
June 19, 2018, 11:06:46 AM
yeah maybe, but Sonder is true one
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem
June 17, 2018, 10:08:20 AM
I agree with your opinion, the ICO is now scam pretty much, they are rampant in the market, so I do not think should invest in ICO right now.
Activity: 33
June 17, 2018, 10:06:48 AM
Definitely. It's really luck nowadays to get a good investment or trade that's why you can opt to take the trading for those with good charts or maybe the ones that are there with good products and support.

Hopefully we won't have to rely on just luck when Menlo One's ICO platform is launched this July. I may just be a newbie investor, but I think this project is unique from other ICOs as discussed in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw1QBpBYE6o I think their CEO is brilliant.

this interview was quit long, so I just forwarded to the important parts. It does seem very interesting and this guy made a lot of sense since the learning curve for newbie ICO investors is pretty steep not to mention it's not easy to participate in ICOs. This ICO market thing might just click dude.. we'll see this coming June.
Activity: 602
Merit: 12
June 17, 2018, 09:57:36 AM
80% agree with u
many ico dont really have real project
they just doing good at whitepaper and another else but in real they dont do something real
i just missed ico like ETN
that my last ico with good project i think
they make real coin not token based on eth platform
token on eth platform is high risk
Activity: 714
Merit: 100
June 17, 2018, 09:44:28 AM
Definitely. It's really luck nowadays to get a good investment or trade that's why you can opt to take the trading for those with good charts or maybe the ones that are there with good products and support.

skills and knowledge are both important aside from luck in order to become good at investing because nowadays there are indeed lots of scams whether it is from ico or on bounties and airdrops.

sticking to some trusted and popular coins would also lessen the risk of being scammed because your are already sure that your invested capital wont be wasted plus it can also get a return if you are only investing on some legit coins like bitcoin and etherium.
Activity: 30
June 17, 2018, 09:34:55 AM

Hopefully we won't have to rely on just luck when Menlo One's ICO platform is launched this July. I may just be a newbie investor, but I think this project is unique from other ICOs as discussed in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rw1QBpBYE6o I think their CEO is brilliant.
Activity: 392
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
June 17, 2018, 09:25:28 AM
Yes, the current market of fraudulent ICO was born a lot, maybe in the short time recently, the market is facing many risks, the price of the coin is now down, plus many projects ICO scams have distracted some investors...
Activity: 1498
Merit: 326
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
June 17, 2018, 09:16:40 AM
Activity: 238
June 17, 2018, 04:24:38 AM
Probably that it is. But you must understand that the profit that you will receive in case of successful participation in the ICO project can be more than several times or even tens of times than the amount of investment. I believe that it is necessary to carefully select and analyze projects for investment
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
June 12, 2018, 02:07:24 PM
ico is like roulette you can make good money and you can lose everything, a very risky event, but as they say who does not risk that does not drink champagne !  before you invest real money check and if you lose everything do not cry . Legal documents still no one reads

In a way, yes. However, it seems to me that in a roulette, you have more chances to win - about 50% if you bet on red or black. Here, you can lose in 80-90 cases from 100. Think before taking this step.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1209
June 08, 2018, 07:43:21 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects..
I think that at least 2-3 more years investments in ICO or work for ICO during the advertising campaign will be a profitable business and will bring considerable profits. Another question is that it's necessary to conduct a careful analysis of all projects and approximately only 10% of them can be profitable.
Activity: 238
Merit: 30
June 07, 2018, 06:57:54 PM
I think 90% is too high. There are many good ico's that are release in the market. And i gain good income with them. And i think only 40% percent are scam. So we need to study the ico first before we got engaged into it.
Activity: 224
Merit: 14
June 07, 2018, 06:08:54 PM
Well, we can't dispute the fact that there are large increase in scam rates as a result of high numbers of ICOs and Coin everywhere today and there are always difficulties in trying to find out the real Ones
Activity: 182
June 07, 2018, 06:03:45 PM
I think many investors are already thinking more intelligently through this forum. campaign managers have also been more careful in choosing projects so the risk for owners who intend to scam can be minimized, the main problem is not the scam, but the ICO targets do not go smoothly so many projects are stuck and do not develop, including complicated distributions.
Activity: 700
Merit: 503
June 07, 2018, 05:57:12 PM
Yes, a lot of ICO is scam. But don't forget that there are very good projects. In the crypto currency sphere, I tried to earn differently. I sold video cards and farmed, I traded. But only participation in the ICO brought a really tangible profit. Yes, I did an excellent job at everything I did, but ICO is a huge income.
Only knowledge and experience will help to choose the right projects, in the beginning I also got on 2 scam projects. But it even more pushed me to get knowledge about how to choose the right project. So don't be so categorical...
Activity: 672
Merit: 176
June 07, 2018, 05:09:56 PM
ico is like roulette you can make good money and you can lose everything, a very risky event, but as they say who does not risk that does not drink champagne !  before you invest real money check and if you lose everything do not cry . Legal documents still no one reads
if the scammers know how to work, then they will provide you with such legal documents that you will not see any dirty trick. This is how many try to deceive investors to be able to hide with the collected money.
Activity: 10
June 07, 2018, 05:01:37 PM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

I strongly disagree with this. Yes there are some scams, but the vast majority of ICOs are genuine. If 90% were scams, then no-one would bother with any bounty work.
You're suggesting that almost every ICO is like Benebit - that's clearly not the case!

I also agree that the majority of projects are not "scams"... I think it is safe to assume that the overwhelming majority of projects with an ICO will fail, likely 90%. But this is true for any business, in any industry. Statistically 95% of all business fail in their first 5 years from inception... this will hold true in the crypto space as well. With that said, there is still time to trade and profit from these eventual failed ICO's
Activity: 140
June 07, 2018, 04:54:05 PM
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
June 07, 2018, 03:16:35 PM
even after a more thorough analysis of each project and a study of their technical document, you can still encounter fraudsters. It was not the first time that I had to stay without my money because of the deception of developers. Therefore ico companies look like gambling games or you won or lost.
Activity: 532
Merit: 255
June 07, 2018, 03:13:30 PM
What a developer like "Vitalik Buterin" says, may well be true, because he has a number of authentic records so that what he says is very accurate, many ICO projects fail because they have been used by a lot of swindlers. Of course for his actions, bad impact on the project ICO "Honest". And the "Honest" ICO project was ultimately victimized and lost because most users no longer trust it.
Pages:
Jump to: