Pages:
Author

Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam - page 9. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 0
August 01, 2018, 09:59:26 AM
I think that ico will be successful only when the project is will be needed by society. so my choice fell on the project Tradelize, if you have not heard about it, then I advise you to get acquainted and you will understand why I think so.
Activity: 728
Merit: 263
August 01, 2018, 04:57:08 AM
I'm thinking like this also, they are just collecting money and doing nothing we can see hundreds of samples this types project and team, they all will go under at the future.

it is really bug of this market. because of this scam icos, normal people fear from this market. and dont invest anymore and dont enter market.

Activity: 378
Merit: 100
ARIZN - Tokenised Crowdfunding Platform
August 01, 2018, 04:46:35 AM
Most of the icos are not even distributing tokens after scam has collected lots of ico money. Or when we look at the prices in the exchanges at a much lower price than the ico price. This is a serious problem Sad
Activity: 424
Merit: 75
TalkImg.com - Image hosting for BitcoinTalk
August 01, 2018, 04:41:27 AM
I don't think that's a real number at all. The crypto space is totally new and many people are innovating. It's reasonable that when exploring a new field many will fail, you should separate a project that is a scam because it was planned just to get the money and run and a project that was ambitious but eventually failed for another reasons apart from the team's effort.

Taking into account the previous, 90% of the ICOs don't run with the money at all... and about their failure, 90% is the typical failure rate for startups outside from the crypto-space, so what's the point of the thread? If the failure rate is the point, then we should state that 90% of the startups are a scam....

Please, be careful with the terms, it's a shame that prestigious people misuse words like "scam" by using it in it's vulgar definition; a "scam" is a crime described in the criminal codes of almost any country, and description doesn't fit with what could happen to the 90% of the ICOs.
Activity: 231
August 01, 2018, 04:40:02 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

The abundance of the ICO project this scam makes many people anxious and afraid to invest. Many people who always do some research before they join the ICO project especially for the bounty hunter. The bounty hunter this time is indeed having trouble looking for a good project ICO. And my own as Bounty Hunter continues to do research before joining ICO.
Activity: 756
Merit: 102
August 01, 2018, 04:34:04 AM
if you are new to crypto, it's a good idea to invest into alt coin which already has a platform and registered on the big exchange.
because people who invest in ICO I think people who are really understood the risks that he has chosen.

if you are new to crypto , i dont think investing in altcoin is a way to go because altcoins have also a big list or have a huge number to choose on . you wont know if you choose a bad coin or a good coin , so i guess bitcoin is still the best investment for a newbie because you cant go wrong on it due to the fact that bitcoin is only one .

also , not all people who invest in an ico are risk takers . there are still few that only investing on it because they heard that investing on an ico is really profitable but they dont know that most ico are actually fake .
Activity: 812
Merit: 120
https://combonetwork.io/
August 01, 2018, 04:22:06 AM
if you are new to crypto, it's a good idea to invest into alt coin which already has a platform and registered on the big exchange.
because people who invest in ICO I think people who are really understood the risks that he has chosen.
Activity: 952
Merit: 308
August 01, 2018, 04:12:53 AM
indeed many ICOs scam this year, but not as many as you mentioned. savvy investors must know better how to invest in ICO and if ICO does not exist how the fate of bounty hunter? they make money through their ICO project
the investor can indeed invest in a real token or coin but the token or coin is initiated with the ICO, and if there is no ICO the token and coin will not develop
Activity: 1064
Merit: 500
August 01, 2018, 03:17:05 AM
Some of investors have the thought like this one: OK, I will just invest some money in this or that ICO, do nothing and get an income that will be very cool. Only lazy people do like this. Traders work hard.
Activity: 224
July 24, 2018, 11:11:37 AM
I agree that 90% of ICO work dishonestly. Sometimes it seems to me that the percentage of the deceiver is much higher than 90%.
Activity: 116
July 23, 2018, 06:35:50 PM
In fact, this figure is very exaggerated and specifically frightens people. It is better to conduct a study and see how many qualitative ISO projects have failed. I think after such an investigation the figure will not exceed 20%.
Activity: 2240
Merit: 270
SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM
July 23, 2018, 04:27:02 PM
Most study report I saw said 80% not 90% scam rate. This was posted on more than 3 cryptocurrency news websites. At least one of the news was within the university environment in the USA.My only concern about the news was that some of the so called successful ICO after getting on exchange still failed. some scam ICO eg bitconnect still got on exchange and was not considered in the study.
copper member
Activity: 126
July 23, 2018, 03:41:59 PM
Over the last month I invested in 5 ICO projects. One project turned out to be a scam, the rest in good profits. It is very important to have a good project analysis for your investments. Because the market even now has good and promising projects.
Activity: 695
July 23, 2018, 03:23:02 PM
I think not 90% of ICO is scam, of you pick ICO and review carefully its can minimalize your risks.
Activity: 406
July 23, 2018, 01:36:18 PM
I'm thinking like this also, they are just collecting money and doing nothing we can see hundreds of samples this types project and team, they all will go under at the future.
Activity: 112
Merit: 1
July 23, 2018, 01:22:23 PM
Is that for real? 90% of ICO is scam? i think it is too exaggerated. Anyway risking an investment in an ICOs are higher compared to a already established coin project in a market. But together with high risk it also has big chance of getting higher profit. So it is one of the reason why there are still many people invest in ICO despite of chances of getting scammed.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12
July 23, 2018, 01:15:35 PM
There are so many scams in the ICO market. That is very obvious. We can even see it very clearly in the Announcement section here in this forum. You can tell right there and then that an ICO is a scam if there are no responses to the very valid questions asked by potential investors. Well, ICO investors should know about this reality and in investing they accept all the risks involved.
Activity: 140
Merit: 20
July 23, 2018, 01:08:53 PM
my own particular experience as an individual from the abundance, I can state that this announcement resembles reality. A portion of the con artists don't survive even before the finish of the abundance, some are uncovered promptly after the culmination of the Ico, some may indicate nonexistent movement for a while, if not years ...
Activity: 798
Merit: 263
July 23, 2018, 12:22:28 PM
With so many ICOs out there, some are going to be mediocre or scams but I think the number is much lower than 90%. There is a good upcoming ICO project like EOT (EON Protocol) that has a great team. See its website in my signature for details.
Activity: 350
Merit: 1
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
July 23, 2018, 12:14:41 PM
I often look at rating sites and often there I see an obvious scam. At the same time, there are investors who manage to invest their money in these terrible projects. This is all very worrying, since it adds a negative opinion of people and the market of crypto-currencies.
Pages:
Jump to: