Pages:
Author

Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam - page 13. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251
June 07, 2018, 01:45:31 PM
That's it, dude, but personally I try to sort out projects and chose those one with MVP and only afterwards take decision whether invest or not.
Also I pay attention to icodrops website, their list of projects and rates are appropriate for me
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
June 07, 2018, 01:23:46 PM
I would advise you now to buy TDZ tokens. In my opinion, it will give a good profit to its investors in the future. It is perspective project.
legendary
Activity: 968
Merit: 1000
einc.io
June 07, 2018, 12:17:29 PM
Yes, there are a lot of scammers now. And I have to choose and analyze for a very long time before I find any good project. Now I spend a lot of time on search of a trustworthy and reliable project. It was easier a year ago.
Activity: 336
Merit: 100
June 07, 2018, 02:30:55 AM
I do tons of research on a daily basis and find that maybe 1-2% of the ICOs interest me and pass the sniff test
Activity: 126
Merit: 1
June 07, 2018, 02:28:50 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
It's too much ICO that leads to fraud. Even now to choose a promising ICO alone is very difficult. Very few good ICOs and no scam ends. Although I have been researching as much detail as possible ICO that I want to follow but cannot be ascertained if ICO is really promising.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)
June 07, 2018, 02:09:49 AM

Not so. 50% also very high number. We need to spread good thing about crypto so not about scam which will make newbie worry about this. I know we should know the risk before joining here but 50% or 90% is too high number. Scam is not the same with ico fail. Ico project that fail and not scam will return the money to customer if they dont reach the soft cap. Mostly the ico like this and we can say its probably around 60% and 40% success. But that is not scam. Maybe 10% scam is in my number. Scam means, success or not the project, they will run with our money. Thats what i know.

Yeah exactly!!! Most of bounty participants are shouting that the project was scam though it just didn't succeed in getting enough funds. Or some small start-ups has raised few million, and though they are making development of their project. Good exchanges are just asking incredible amounts of money that such start-ups just could not affort them.
Activity: 126
June 06, 2018, 10:37:51 PM
ICO does exist that do fraud but not all ICO is a scam.
There are still many ICO who are honest and do the project well.
Currently, Cryptocurrency is undergoing rapid development and ICO project is also experiencing rapid growth.
Therefore, it is natural that ICOs commit fraud.
However, to avoid fraud research can be done before joining the ICO project.
So it can avoid the ICO Scam project.
Activity: 854
Merit: 108
June 06, 2018, 09:48:36 PM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

I think the 90% figure is to high to consider because everyday more and more people are joining crypto investments in which lot of people believed that this is a very good as alternative investment. I think it will be 50% or as in 50/50 that is why we need to review well the ICO and the need to regulate ICO is a must to ensure that fake ICO will be avoided.
Activity: 546
Merit: 122
June 06, 2018, 09:04:23 PM
This fever of ICO's brings this setback, but there are many good projects in the middle of it all, just search deeper. The problem is that those who are newbie and want to find the "new Bitcoin" end up being fooled by many scams with well-done marketing.

I do not think most are scam, the market still has a lot to mature, many projects will only come true within 1 or 2 years, until then they will not be viable.
Activity: 742
Merit: 500
June 06, 2018, 07:49:42 PM
i think that 90% is an huge percentual, it's unrealistic in my opinion, there are a lot of many promising ico outside that want to change the technology of the future. Yes, there are a lot of stupid projects that use the blockchain just to raise some capital and give to their investor token without a real usage, but this is not scam in my opinion, the fault is of the investors that don't study where they put their money.
There are still good ICO, its gist we need to seek them and research them thtpughly for us yo see it.
Activity: 308
June 06, 2018, 07:37:06 PM
i think that 90% is an huge percentual, it's unrealistic in my opinion, there are a lot of many promising ico outside that want to change the technology of the future. Yes, there are a lot of stupid projects that use the blockchain just to raise some capital and give to their investor token without a real usage, but this is not scam in my opinion, the fault is of the investors that don't study where they put their money.
Activity: 238
June 06, 2018, 07:02:10 PM
Most of the ICOs don`t even have a prototype. People are paying for the whitepaper which is sad.
Bad ICOs are like startup projects which has failed to get investment from VC and crowdfunding sites.
Activity: 887
Merit: 253
June 06, 2018, 06:57:50 PM
yes every one want thief money form investors but now investors are alert they research about ICO before they invest their money it is better fir investor and for every one because no one want to loss their saving. we should read the white paper  and do research about the team member that they are real or not.
Activity: 152
June 06, 2018, 06:41:27 PM
I dont believe this is true at all, and am not sure the founder of ethereum really said that, though they are a lot of ICO scams,but they are viable ones which as good future.
Activity: 308
June 06, 2018, 06:36:06 PM
All ICO's are not a scam one, it completely depends on choosing the best project. Recently most of the companies have the vision to develop what they mentioned in the roadmap. There are some fake ICO's but we have to be very careful choosing those.
Activity: 154
Merit: 1
June 06, 2018, 03:34:00 PM
It seems to me that the number of dishonest ICO has long exceeded the mark of 90%, which is why ICO is no longer popular.
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
June 06, 2018, 03:32:11 PM
Last 2 months i have seen many scams,but Centra and Vionex were best scams ever!
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
June 06, 2018, 03:29:46 PM
Last 2 months i have seen many scams.  Vionex was the best scam ever!
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
June 06, 2018, 02:14:37 AM
I do agree to ethereum founder, the ICO just waste your money and dry of your pocket. Don't be lazy to invest on altcoin on market, they more promising than ICO that give you desperation. I think you all clever to choose which one is good. Don't be trapped on ICO ilusion.
There is nothing to deny about the fact that there are certain projects which are reported as scams but I don’t think so that such projects are scam themselves. In fact, the ones who are there are the ones who are busy in scamming and that they are using different kind of the techniques to grab the money from others by making them fool as this then helps them in having more money.
Activity: 182
June 06, 2018, 12:37:51 AM
Yes, I believe that the ICO is becoming increasingly chaotic and abusive from the rules of rights and intentions of many. However, can not control it right now, I'm afraid that there are a lot of fake ideas or called dead projects. I was in an EOZ campaign with months of waiting, and there was absolutely no response or announcement. It is becoming increasingly difficult to diagnose and analyze a quality ico to invest.
Pages:
Jump to: