Pages:
Author

Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam - page 17. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 10
To buy or not to buy - that is the question ;)
June 01, 2018, 11:54:30 AM
I shall strongly disagree. That is true that many ICOs are scam. But the bigger problem is that many ICO holders are people who didn't know how pricy is the ICO process and they just didn't have money for marketing
Activity: 140
Merit: 0
June 01, 2018, 11:30:28 AM
I strongly against with this. If the ICO projects are 90% scammers the ICO industry will collapse anytime. It must be that they some of the legit did there best but not genuinely make their goal and they will annouce a failed project. ICO projects are very high risk but a high reward set up so its up to the investor to their job.
Activity: 112
June 01, 2018, 11:22:58 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
The founder of ETH, do you mean Vitalik buterin?
Can you show us when he said if 90% ICOs are scam?
People should be know if investment on ICOs have high risk.

No, I do not think so but the opposite is up to 90% of the ico is real and bring the community contribute to the remaining 10% are the ico use the trust of people to call for capital with the item personal goals
Activity: 504
Merit: 100
June 01, 2018, 10:00:01 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

I do hope that LESS than 90% of ICOs are the scam. Unfortunately, there are really too many projects that cannot be trusted. That is why ICOs are banned often.
Activity: 113
May 26, 2018, 09:30:51 AM
No! more than 99% are scams. Never invest into a project without a working product . All those scams are big on fancy ideas and nothing else.
Just check my signature.
does this mean that the good ICO period is end ?whether in the future there will be no ICO to succeed
what if all ico do not have a product that work in clear? is it included in the scam category?
Activity: 126
May 26, 2018, 09:18:18 AM
As for me, since I don't have money to spare with too much investment, I used my time and knowledge instead, well, if the project I joined doesn't give award on the end of the line then nothing to do, all you have is to look for another and be careful for the second time, there is no good thing when you dwell on things that happen to you and because you were scammed and it doesn't mean you will stop there, we need to keep moving.
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
May 26, 2018, 06:50:00 AM
Last 2 months i have seen many scams.  Vionex was the best scam ever!
Activity: 560
Merit: 103
quarkchain.io
May 19, 2018, 02:26:34 PM
Look at this project CarTaxi Token. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/cartaxi-token/#charts   At the moment this project is almost dead, the developers are hiding and do not go out to communicate. Investors lost all their money. There are a lot of such projects, I'm waiting for the SEC to investigate these crimes! 
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
May 19, 2018, 12:07:15 PM
I think we should focus on ICO from the icodrops list. On this site, almost all ICO is not scam. At the moment I'm going to invest in Acorn Collective - the best ICO for may for me.
Activity: 57
May 19, 2018, 11:57:22 AM
No! more than 99% are scams. Never invest into a project without a working product . All those scams are big on fancy ideas and nothing else.
Just check my signature.

Only invest in the top 20 coins. It is more secure.
Activity: 365
May 19, 2018, 05:58:57 AM
Yes, we know that some icos are scam but there are still some good ones that doesn't disappoint. If you say 90% of icos are scam, then, I think people won't bother investing in them again, to avoid falling victim of scam I think care should be taken and patience also to do a proper research of the project before investing in it.
Activity: 252
Merit: 14
Marketplace for sensor data
May 19, 2018, 05:50:24 AM
I don't think the rate of scam ICO project high like you think. I think only 1 or 2 out of 10 ICO projects are scam so it's only about 10 - 20% of ICO project are scam and the left is both good and not good project. Sometime you guy don't understand between bad and scam project Smiley). A bad project that mean you still receive token but the token price after listed on exchange even lower than ICO project but with a scam project you'll get nothing Smiley
Activity: 294
Merit: 15
May 19, 2018, 05:39:23 AM
Last 2 months i have seen many scams,but Centra and Vionex were best scams ever!
Activity: 420
Merit: 171
May 13, 2018, 05:39:22 AM

There's a lot of process where whale investors finally get to the point just by looking at the project they will easily distinguish if the project is legit and good for long term, However, the easiest way to check and tfrust ICO is those who have campaigns (only for new in ICO) and handled by great managers, Like, yahoo62278, I am not saying that all but 8 out of 10 is a good ICO to the campaign He handled. Check and read is the basic step of all.

Vitalik does stand for it because almost all ICO, requires ethereum and ethereum is upon the name of vitalik.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
May 13, 2018, 05:36:48 AM
I think Vitalik is right. But it is very difficult to understand where these 10% of real, good projects.
Activity: 325
May 13, 2018, 05:33:56 AM
Every day there are many projects in which people invest their savings.
And only about 1 in 10 will be successful.
And how to determine it at the stage of the ICO?
No way.
Here all bets are made on your luck and fortune.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
May 13, 2018, 02:31:58 AM

I am neutral on this statement, although you have some points to re consider, but nowadays alot are coming out and then gone scam, ive always read on the ICO side, that everyday there is a scam and a new ICO comes out. But, we could not specify which is a scam project, but a lot of non hardcap raised ICO are good performing in the end. Its hard to verify if its a scam or not, but i do not believe that 90% are scams. Im so sorry to disagree but lots of my tokens are in the exchanges and it came from my bounty work.

Have a great day
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
May 13, 2018, 01:53:31 AM
Just check my signature.
Activity: 448
Merit: 10
May 13, 2018, 01:19:24 AM
The main reason every one declares Ico are scam is because they expect fast results but where ico need time for new development and they need time for implementation of roadmap
Activity: 518
Merit: 101
May 12, 2018, 11:31:42 PM
In addition to that, it's really hard to tell if an ICO is just a pure scam or not because there are actually group of people or are just so good of doing at it. I've been into an ICO where i think it looks pretty legit with a good team members, concept of the project and even having a 60K community participation in their channel only to find out that the ICO is a scam. It's really a waste of time and effort!
Pages:
Jump to: