Pages:
Author

Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam - page 20. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 252
Merit: 0
May 01, 2018, 07:19:04 AM
I would agree with that statement that 90% are scams as they dont operate in accordance with the law and belong to offshore jurisdictions. Foundsrs are also kinda unkown.
For this reason Im looking now only for security tokens to invest as I believe that era of utility token will be over soon. Security tokens will be backed and u have the guarantee of taking your investments back any time u want. Just take a look at such project as LibreCash, u would understand what Im talking about
Ive already familiar with LibreCash but I dont see any big difference with other crypto projects..If 90% are scams, why this ICO would not be scam as well?
Activity: 854
Merit: 500
Stake & Vote or Become a IoTeX Delegate!
May 01, 2018, 07:14:04 AM
Well, we can't dispute the fact that there are large increase in scam rates as a result of high numbers of ICOs and Coin everywhere today and there are always difficulties in trying to find out the real Ones

Well, find the difference in between the Scam ICO's and Legit ICO's, through comparison only we can easily identify them, Legit ICO's will always show huge potential for the media and they have real innovative thought to promote the project.
Not all times and even that legitimate ico can run and run away for them its already money. I believe there is no case with that as it was a voluntary investing, correct me if i'm wrong that what i know. Its was clear that many are scam and it was not easy to spot them.
Activity: 14
May 01, 2018, 07:05:27 AM
I disagree with this claim that 90% of ICOs are scams. Though we have because we have ICOs which are scams but there are still some promising one in which someone can invest.
Activity: 308
Merit: 1
May 01, 2018, 06:55:16 AM
I would agree with that statement that 90% are scams as they dont operate in accordance with the law and belong to offshore jurisdictions. Foundsrs are also kinda unkown.
For this reason Im looking now only for security tokens to invest as I believe that era of utility token will be over soon. Security tokens will be backed and u have the guarantee of taking your investments back any time u want. Just take a look at such project as LibreCash, u would understand what Im talking about
Activity: 26
May 01, 2018, 06:43:02 AM
90%!? i find that very hard to believe. show me some source please. cold data.
thank you
Activity: 378
Merit: 10
May 01, 2018, 06:33:26 AM
Well, we can't dispute the fact that there are large increase in scam rates as a result of high numbers of ICOs and Coin everywhere today and there are always difficulties in trying to find out the real Ones

Well, find the difference in between the Scam ICO's and Legit ICO's, through comparison only we can easily identify them, Legit ICO's will always show huge potential for the media and they have real innovative thought to promote the project.
Activity: 266
May 01, 2018, 06:02:43 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
I strongly agree with the statement, there are so many ICOs that are popping up but a lot of that end with fraud and that very often I experience. I also prefer to invest in coins that already exist in the stock. they are more convincing and very low risk compared to new coins
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
Keep Working
May 01, 2018, 03:37:22 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

If you properly research ( Project, Product, Team) about the ICO before investing your hard earn money in it then 99% time you are safe.
Activity: 476
Merit: 101
www.daxico.com
May 01, 2018, 03:32:31 AM
I don't know how really accurate this figure as far as ICO scams are concerned. I've been into situation already that my time and efforts were all wasted because of these scam ICOs and i think it's getting worst every now and then.
Activity: 378
May 01, 2018, 03:28:51 AM
It should be better for ICO to start investing. After that, it's hard to say. Worst of all, there are a lot of fake projects that fake tokens that have already been traded. New friends should pay more attention.
even on those reputable bounty managers had been an issue about a scammed projects. Scammers are everywhere, we need to be vigilant on our money and don't give them your funds without a proof that it is a legit ICO's. Research first and don't get blind on there bonuses and freebies for early investors. 
Activity: 28
May 01, 2018, 02:45:28 AM
You're right. Hardly any ICOs have what it takes to give 100% confidence to investors like me.

They come up with the most random ideas and spend a few 100k dollars on marketing and building hype. Then they have token sales where pre-sale investors are given discounted rates. They end up dumping the coin as soon as there is an exchange listing.

In fact, I know of only one ICO in recent times that has not done this. Blockgrain.io team had the foresight and fairness to keep presale price equal to main sale price. This shows what intentions a team has. Less focussed on greed and more on onboarding the right people.
Activity: 101
May 01, 2018, 02:18:51 AM
im not agree with these statement, most ICO failed because of lack of support from the community and less project and developer not working hard for the projects, mostly these happens so that you can say its 90% overall percentage, but in my experience in working in this forum i can say not all ICO’s are scam there are legit ones. dont know the figure percentage but surely theres alot.

Yeah i agree with you, ico failed and mybe will be scam because as you say dev not work hard and not community support because they aim not evident and more speculation. But for other project with good have a future and never will be scam usually they dev verry support and work hard and many comunity will support because look they hard dev
Activity: 1204
Merit: 539
May 01, 2018, 01:12:59 AM
Before Ico rating website there should to many scam ico once icorating.com launched then we can expect less ico scam due to data analytics done by website team reduce ico scam to much extent
in my opinion it is not enough to help reduce scam ICOs, I ask to you what you trust in their analytics, Just curious, I mean that is just a written article. im really appreciate if anyone here can explains
Activity: 163
April 30, 2018, 08:18:45 PM
Activity: 1624
Merit: 250
April 30, 2018, 05:38:36 PM

Yes, most ICOs are most likely a scam. This is the sad reality of a decentralised, unregulated technology. But do not let the negatives blind the positives of this fascinating synergy of technologies that gave birth to the blockchain. All you have to do is to demystify the cryptic whitepapers to some essentials that will determine whether a project you are looking at is valid or not.
One is a solid technology that is adding value atop the blockchain, that is unique. Second is a reputable team that has a proven track record in similar techs - the less hidden their profiles the less likely they are scammers. Third is their commitment to the project, scam years into the project have been seen here.

I think 90 % is a very big number for scam ICOs, it may be 40% or 50%.
So, it's not too hard to determine it. You just need to read about 10-15 ICO whitepapers and research it fully, than you will have an idea in your brain and you need a bit of logic.Ex : Yesterday i saw a project, it gives 60% gift, if you get a token value of 1 ETH.
Activity: 210
April 30, 2018, 05:11:54 PM
Before Ico rating website there should to many scam ico once icorating.com launched then we can expect less ico scam due to data analytics done by website team reduce ico scam to much extent
Activity: 518
Merit: 100
April 30, 2018, 04:19:16 PM

Yes, most ICOs are most likely a scam. This is the sad reality of a decentralised, unregulated technology. But do not let the negatives blind the positives of this fascinating synergy of technologies that gave birth to the blockchain. All you have to do is to demystify the cryptic whitepapers to some essentials that will determine whether a project you are looking at is valid or not.
One is a solid technology that is adding value atop the blockchain, that is unique. Second is a reputable team that has a proven track record in similar techs - the less hidden their profiles the less likely they are scammers. Third is their commitment to the project, scam years into the project have been seen here.
Activity: 266
https://www.soar.earth/
April 30, 2018, 03:37:01 PM
The saddest thing is that most projects that have completed their ICO and added their tokens to the stock exchange may also be a scam. We all talked about Centra
Activity: 68
April 30, 2018, 03:30:55 PM
The remaining percentage of ICOs that are genuine are very hard to find.
Activity: 434
April 29, 2018, 06:46:50 PM
Yes, ICOs are now scams, they just scam people who are new to the sub-market experience. So they will easily offer solicitations from them when they are unaware of potential ICO project audits. So I do not think I should join the ICO at the moment.
Pages:
Jump to: