Pages:
Author

Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam - page 2. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
Swipe!
October 12, 2018, 06:17:55 PM
Scam is a difficult word, and probably not all of those 90% which you state are true scam, sometimes it is just hard to maintain projects life and active community around, as for me it is a really difficult labor.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme
October 12, 2018, 05:44:11 PM
This is very true that nowadays most of the ICOs are fake and a scam if exactly, not 90%. So, the point of thinking now is on what basis we decide the right ICO. As the ICO investment becomes more profitable these days can't ignore this class of asset.
ICO is a good land to get as much money as possible. Even ICO is still in demand even though bad news about the ICO just keeps coming out. Many people hate it, and maybe I'm one of them. But what makes it strange, I keep investing and join various ICO bounties. We condemn the ICO only when experiencing losses. When the ICO was a big success, we were really flattering. I think almost everyone thinks the same as me. But, who knows?
Activity: 58
Merit: 0
October 12, 2018, 05:30:54 PM
I fully agree with this and of course I am not going to argue. I would like to emphasize that of these 90 percent 89 percent Russian ICO.
the problem is that there is no single advertising company in which all projects with a brief description of the concept would be displayed on an hourly basis. Many great teams (honest and correct) do not have the means to advertise and have not been noticed by anyone. Lips sealed
Activity: 1491
Merit: 320
🐪
October 12, 2018, 05:27:04 PM
This is very true that nowadays most of the ICOs are fake and a scam if exactly, not 90%. So, the point of thinking now is on what basis we decide the right ICO. As the ICO investment becomes more profitable these days can't ignore this class of asset.

I guess that many people misinterpret what Vitalik Buterin said... He said that 90% of ICO's will fail, and not that they are scam. I guess he is right, and I can witness that so much projects fail as a bounty hunter. Exactly 10% of coins I get form bounties are worth something on exchanges. All other 90% are worthless or fail with time. That is just my experience, and would like to other peopleshare their experiences as well.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
October 12, 2018, 05:22:36 PM
The number of scam ICO's are truly annoying. It make a hard time for bounty hunters like me. Some of them don't pay us for promoting their projects. But 90% is too high. There are still many good ICO's that i joined.
Activity: 742
Merit: 253
October 12, 2018, 04:52:12 PM
I strongly agree with your words about investing with coins in the exchange, if someone does not have the expertise to recognize ico which is not a scam project then it will be sure he invests in empty space and removes the money just like that. but, I do not agree with your words that 90% ico is a scam project, meaning that the outline is only 10% ico who actually runs their project.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
October 12, 2018, 10:02:57 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
It is possible but for the time being-this will gradually increase inflation and as a consequence will accelerate the collapse of the dollar pyramid, the question is whether the capitalization of bitcoin is sufficient.
Activity: 378
Merit: 1
October 12, 2018, 09:58:49 AM
Certainly not 90% because the ico world still exists a lot of successful projects and start to be listed on the exchange, however, at this stage, when the value of bitcoin affects the development of the market, phishing projects are probably more than normal. Even with the successful and listed projects, the downfall of bitcoins also has a significant impact, it causes the projects to lose value but I believe that when the bitcoin rebounds, the ico market will be dragged along and soon return to the heyday
Activity: 420
October 12, 2018, 08:22:46 AM
Activity: 121
Merit: 1
October 12, 2018, 07:50:08 AM
I think you're wrong about that. No, of course there is fraud there, but the amount of 90% is too much. Within a small error we call the amount of 5%. Like everywhere.
B.
copper member
Activity: 238
October 12, 2018, 05:20:33 AM
The use of smart contracts that look very easy with an attractive marketing concept makes many developers appear more and more confident with their respective projects, but this year feels excessive due to too many appearances. so the concentration of investors is not focused and ultimately a lot of failure at ICO how good their project is.

a scam is not the best judgment, but I see that around 30% are bad intentions and just want to cheat many investors by selling coins with fake road maps and without long-term clarity. 60% failed ICO, and 10% failed successfully, this is very sad and different from the previous year.

important note for next year where there needs to be an independent institution that can make ico more competent and unable to do ICO if it does not meet certain requirements. This must be done or more unclear and even deceptive concepts will emerge next year.
phm
Merit: 110
DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO
October 11, 2018, 02:20:29 PM
Ninety percent is way too high. There may be a lot of low value projects, but it is unlikely that 90 percent are just outright scamming you.

Where are you coming up with such high numbers?

maybe it means better safe than sorry. ofc it's hardly that full 90 % are scams but this number imo includes weak and uncompetitive projects that die fast.
we have to be carefull of the shit ICO. this is 2018 not 2017 it means many shit ICO nowadays
do our own research and do it carefully, only that thing we can do to avoid shit ICO imo
We see on the today's delistings that exchanges will the first garbage cleaners on the crypto scrapyard. And I'm glad that this process is starting. And I hope that it will continue enough time to make crypto world cleaner from such scam and fraud
Activity: 294
October 11, 2018, 02:03:32 PM
Ninety percent is way too high. There may be a lot of low value projects, but it is unlikely that 90 percent are just outright scamming you.

Where are you coming up with such high numbers?

maybe it means better safe than sorry. ofc it's hardly that full 90 % are scams but this number imo includes weak and uncompetitive projects that die fast.
we have to be carefull of the shit ICO. this is 2018 not 2017 it means many shit ICO nowadays
do our own research and do it carefully, only that thing we can do to avoid shit ICO imo
October 11, 2018, 01:43:08 PM
I quite agree, but in essence, just careful joining in ICO, research before investing, That quite helpful fo your investment then

I've seen in the last couple month three project are a scam which I following it, fortunately, I didn't invest my money there

Any investment is a risk but when you decide to join an ICO, this risk is increased in times. I do not think that more than 90% of the projects are the scam but be cautious.

Yes, even in trading we might lose, what I came to know in every investment there is huge risk involved in it. We have to carefully research before investing into any ICO, potentially we have to verify them before investing.
Activity: 546
October 11, 2018, 01:23:52 PM
I quite agree, but in essence, just careful joining in ICO, research before investing, That quite helpful fo your investment then

I've seen in the last couple month three project are scam which I following it, fortunately I didn't invest my money there

Any investment is a risk but when you decide to join an ICO, this risk is increased in times. I do not think that more than 90% of the projects are the scam but be cautious.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1002
October 10, 2018, 12:03:24 AM
There are so many ico projects that look very convincing but actually that is part of an ongoing fraud scheme even recently there is an ico that has a high rating on one of the icobench.com but apparently ico is a fraud. and that certainly disappointed investors and also bounty hunters.
Yes, such incidents have occurred repeatedly and that is what makes crypto bad and always gets the spotlight from various institutions in several countries whose communities are affected by this or exposed to fraudulent schemes from illegal companies such as the now-widely circulating ICOs from many countries. So if indeed the country allows the ICO project to run, then the government must be firm and indeed this should have strict laws from the government.
Activity: 1022
Merit: 152
October 09, 2018, 11:26:01 PM
There are so many ico projects that look very convincing but actually that is part of an ongoing fraud scheme even recently there is an ico that has a high rating on one of the icobench.com but apparently ico is a fraud. and that certainly disappointed investors and also bounty hunters.
Activity: 896
October 09, 2018, 11:09:59 PM
I think only a few ICOS are scams in many ICOS, not all ICOS are bad but we need to choose an ICO that has development or failure depending on your choice.
therefore, in choosing ico we must do research first, if we don't want to choose the wrong ico.
actually not many ico scams, some of them are somewhat scam, but more ico don't get funding for the development of their ico projects. it becomes a problem when the market falls, and ico investor confidence decreases.
but some ico I also saw great success, even though I was hit by bad news regarding a scam project, in fact the team could make the project successful.
Activity: 165
October 09, 2018, 10:59:05 PM
I think only a few ICOS are scams in many ICOS, not all ICOS are bad but we need to choose an ICO that has development or failure depending on your choice.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
October 09, 2018, 10:23:17 PM
High gain means high risk. We have to invest in what we will not regret.

So what you mean to say is .... WASSSSAAAAAAAAA!?!
Pages:
Jump to: