Pages:
Author

Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam - page 3. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 59
Merit: 0
October 09, 2018, 09:04:00 PM
yeah no doubt, once i see an ice offering 2 big exchange in their web page, make a bait tweet to attract investor
and then they said theyre denied
and no big exchange
the ico get 25mil$ and just list their token to unknown exchange and price really low
but actually everycoin have potential to scam, the main thing is we should know where to in and out,
Activity: 454
Merit: 10
"Reserve Your Ledger at GYMLEDGER.COM"
October 09, 2018, 06:59:38 PM
The number of scam ICO this year is truly alarming. And they make the life of bounty hunters harder. But 90% is too high. There are still some good ICO that are recently release. So when we want to join or invest in an ICO. We should take time to read all the detail about that project.
Activity: 379
Merit: 250
October 09, 2018, 06:10:29 PM
I think the scammy ICOs will disappear with time because of more and more countries will develop regulations. And at this point, regulations are what we need in order to involve serious investments in the crypto market.
Activity: 651
Merit: 101
$CYBERCASH METAVERSE
October 09, 2018, 06:07:09 PM
in fact like that in the forum, a lot of ico are scams and they are just scams. even though it's not a scam, sometimes they only get profit from investors and don't develop coins, so I think it's more thorough and more careful in choosing ico
Activity: 97
Merit: 0
October 09, 2018, 06:04:49 PM
Eventually, the legitimate startup companies will undergo SEC regulation.

That alone will reverse the numbers: 90% legitimate, 10% scam.
Activity: 84
Merit: 1
October 09, 2018, 05:18:07 PM
I think not all 90% of ICO projects are fraud. About 30-50%, in my opinion, no more. Therefore, it is worth tracking and investing.
Activity: 1204
Merit: 539
September 23, 2018, 05:24:06 AM
I quite agree, but in essence, just careful joining in ICO, research before investing, That quite helpful fo your investment then

I've seen in the last couple month three project are scam which I following it, fortunately I didn't invest my money there
Activity: 938
Merit: 500
September 23, 2018, 05:22:52 AM
Ninety percent is way too high. There may be a lot of low value projects, but it is unlikely that 90 percent are just outright scamming you.

Where are you coming up with such high numbers?

maybe it means better safe than sorry. ofc it's hardly that full 90 % are scams but this number imo includes weak and uncompetitive projects that die fast.
not everything ends with a scam, indeed everyone says 90% of ICO is scam and insecure,
but there is one thing that makes me believe. the 10% ICO is still good
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
September 23, 2018, 05:12:28 AM
Ninety percent is way too high. There may be a lot of low value projects, but it is unlikely that 90 percent are just outright scamming you.

maybe it means better safe than sorry. ofc it's hardly that full 90 % are scams but this number imo includes weak and uncompetitive projects that die fast.
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
September 23, 2018, 05:03:43 AM

Activity: 812
September 23, 2018, 04:50:20 AM
I fully agree with this and of course I am not going to argue. I would like to emphasize that of these 90 percent 89 percent Russian ICO.
Activity: 560
Merit: 107
September 23, 2018, 03:13:52 AM
I do not agree with this statistics. Of course, there are some scams, but the vast majority of ICO are working projects.

it's totally vice versa: there are some good among the lot of bad and u ought to find the right ones.
Activity: 294
September 23, 2018, 02:15:59 AM
yess i am agree that most of ICOs are scam, but there is still good ICO
we are just be smart to choose the good one, to not get scammed
Activity: 340
September 23, 2018, 12:13:25 AM
A lot of ICO is scam. But many will continue to invest in the ICO ,because the ICO can bring very high returns to investors in a short time. The higher the risk the higher the risk.  Before investing we should be very careful research a project before deciding to invest.
Activity: 329
Merit: 14
September 22, 2018, 04:38:17 PM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many  Kiss invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....

In fact this is a situation that is alerting many regulatory authorities due to the large number of scams that are occurring due to this disruptive business model, in addition to the permanent suspicions of money laundering that continually emerge against everything that has relationship with cryptocurrencies. But while the appropriate regulatory framework arises, we should all be very cautious when making an investment decision of this nature.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 279
September 22, 2018, 11:52:35 PM
The ICO is indeed mostly a fraud and in my opinion this is already said by many people where they all say that ico is now a fraud. this will indeed be a problem for investors
Activity: 1092
September 22, 2018, 11:17:33 PM
I think not all ico scams are up to 90%,
If viewed by product, their real estate is only 40% of the total IO, which sometimes makes ico, but without products, there are still many good ico projects
Activity: 308
September 22, 2018, 07:24:00 PM
Generally, I don't invest in ICOs, especially in the 2018. I think ending of the 2018 can bring good opportunities for many of the tokens and coins, so according to my opinion, making investments in some ICOs can be more reasonable in the ending of this year.
Activity: 504
Merit: 251
September 22, 2018, 06:47:50 PM
If investors will do proper investigation, they will find better and less scam projects to invest in. Team, website, community and whitepaper says a about a project.
Activity: 378
BlockChainBroker - The Real Estate Exchange
September 22, 2018, 06:41:15 PM
I am awared that there are scam ICOs but I do doubt that it is on as high percentage as 90%. maybe, 20% would be more rwalistic since based on my experience, 1 out of 10 ICOs is a scam. Or maybe, it just happen because of fortune and misfortune. Scam projects are surely hard to determine at the first glance and usually, it would be too late to notice.
Some ICo were really legit, it just usually didn't get their goal that others tagged them scam or tget didn't have much knowledge yet to run an ICo, choose wisely always.
Pages:
Jump to: