Pages:
Author

Topic: Over 90% of ICOs are a scam - page 23. (Read 4251 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
The Future of Security Tokens
April 16, 2018, 06:44:43 PM
Indeed, lately there has been a lot of scams in the ICO. Now it has become very difficult to choose promising projects and identify fraud is almost impossible. Hard times are coming.
Activity: 45
Merit: 0
April 16, 2018, 06:40:58 PM
95% of the coins on coinmarketcap will not survive the next five years. Those with Tech will prevail.
Activity: 447
Merit: 108
April 16, 2018, 05:52:52 PM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
Well, i don't really believe in your submission that over 90 percent of ICO are scam because even Bitcoin, ethereum and many other altcoins that have succeeded at the beginning was said to be a scam project may not see the light of the day  but not on till later people started regretting the mistakes they might have made for not investing in those coins as at when their value was insignificant. But that doesn't mean there are no scam project but not to the turn of 90 percent.
Activity: 392
Merit: 1
🔰FERRUM NETWORK🔰
April 16, 2018, 05:14:17 PM
from my own experience as a member of the bounty, I can say that this statement is like the truth. Some of the scammers do not survive even before the end of the bounty, some are revealed immediately after the completion of the Ico, some may show imaginary activity for several months, if not years ...
Activity: 140
April 16, 2018, 04:27:42 PM
Some experts says it 80% total scams in the past year, and only 8 percent reached exchange, some dies and some are still hanging up hoping to get through... But that was past years maybe this year it wil increase to 90%
Activity: 574
Merit: 100
April 16, 2018, 04:24:17 PM
Since the ICO mania does not show any signs of easing, there is no reason to believe that this year will be better. Due to increased competition and an endless stream of potentially tempting ICOs, crypto-investment in 2018 will be even more risky than ever.
Activity: 154
April 16, 2018, 04:23:07 PM
If 90% of ICO are scam, then how can you invest, knowing that it's a big risk if you invest your money in any project, you may end up losing all your money.
It is that true most of the ico are scammers, but I'm not so sure about the percentage.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
April 16, 2018, 04:22:17 PM

Many of the 531 ICOs that failed last year looked like a futuristic concept from the very beginning. In most cases, seasoned investors could identify signs of a scam and be cautious. However, not all have the proper experience in investing, and for this reason some projects still attract more than $ 200 million.
Activity: 574
April 16, 2018, 04:20:24 PM
I will quote an excerpt from the article.
Traveling through 900 ICOs in one evening is an extremely depressing process. A lot of abandoned Twitter accounts, empty Telegram groups, websites that are no longer updated. Such a "digital cemetery" characterizes the fruitful harvest of 2017.

Some projects have risen above zero, some couple of thousands of dollars, and some have attracted more than $ 10 million. Ultimately, the result is the same everywhere: there is no MVP, an alpha release, and no contribution to a decentralized network to improve humanity.
Activity: 350
Merit: 15
April 16, 2018, 04:06:15 PM
I will quote an excerpt from the article.
Traveling through 900 ICOs in one evening is an extremely depressing process. A lot of abandoned Twitter accounts, empty Telegram groups, websites that are no longer updated. Such a "digital cemetery" characterizes the fruitful harvest of 2017.
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
April 16, 2018, 11:35:06 AM
The founder of ETHEREUM said that over 90% of ICOs are scams. By participating in an ICO, you give your money to a project that probably will never happen. Every day a new ICO comes out ... but what surprises me is that many people invest their savings in these very high risk projects. I think it is much better to invest in real projects already listed on the stock exchange .... of which you know everything well ... For example, BANKERA looks like an ICO scam .....
exactly. Most ICOs are now only full of scams. no real project. they created the ICO. after the token is sold. They will run away or delay the project. There are very few good projects at the present time. You need to find out carefully and select good ICO projects. You can invest if you are interested
Activity: 22
Merit: 8
April 16, 2018, 11:30:39 AM
considering companies doing ICOs are simply startups and 90% of the startups fail (https://www.forbes.com/sites/neilpatel/2015/01/16/90-of-startups-will-fail-heres-what-you-need-to-know-about-the-10/), this statistics don't surprise me actually. If your expectations are different, you might want to change your opinion about investments tho.
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
April 16, 2018, 10:21:57 AM
I think your statement is wrong, if 90% ico scam I'll bet there will not be ico anymore. people will not invest in ico again because of the high risk.
do you think all the investors are so stupid, so if that's true you say that can you attach the proof.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
April 16, 2018, 10:01:01 AM
I think the percentage may not be so big. I'm sure that there are many more good ICOs projects. Up to 40% of projects have excellent potential and achieve good results, just see new coins on Binance, if you participate in the ico, you will get huge rewards
Agree
I also think that this is some kind of unreal statistic. The question is how many ICOs have these experts analyzed...I personally see a lot of successful icos here
I am also not very much sure about the percentage. It might be wrong but the message that it is giving to all of us is absolutely correct. The number of scams has increased recently and it is far greater than the last year. It is better to show more care with every passing day. More and more people are using internet for fooling others and the worst part is, criminals are tough to be caught.
Unfortunately where there is money, there will always be scams.
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
🤖UBEX.COM 🤖
April 16, 2018, 07:01:54 AM
I do not think it's 90% scam. There can only be 10% scam, the other 80% are slow running teams.
legendary
Activity: 1137
Merit: 1000
April 16, 2018, 06:58:59 AM

We can't know for sure how much the price of a coin will be after the ICO, usually after the ICO the price gets dumped if there were lots of bounties and people will try to sell and get fast the money that they have waiting for many weeks or months.

In other cases there should be an increase because the investors should earn something, the development doesn't stop and so it becomes popular, check ETH, it was in ICO too but see how much costs ETH now and how much has cost when it was in the ICO and after the ICO.

Thank you...
Activity: 322
April 15, 2018, 11:26:40 AM
We want some proof that Vitalik Buterin said that. Do you have any videos that you show us? It's none of you business if people wants to invest in cryptos. Who the hell are you to question what we want to do with our money? Mind your own business freak! Get out of here!
Activity: 1106
Merit: 501
www.bitcoin.org
April 15, 2018, 11:08:42 AM
I agree with you and moreover I believe that ICO kill cryptocurrency. Everyone who invested in them exchanging a substantial amount of money on a worthless tokens.
ICOs are some small part of cryptocurrencies so scam ICOs won't make much changes in the ecosystem but it would be very hard for governments to bring down scam ICOs so they might implement a trading ban just like China.
Activity: 434
April 15, 2018, 05:25:38 AM
I agree with you and moreover I believe that ICO kill cryptocurrency. Everyone who invested in them exchanging a substantial amount of money on a worthless tokens.
Activity: 840
Merit: 250
April 15, 2018, 01:10:33 AM
I think we can all distinguish every scam ico or not. because we are now very expert in the analysis. proven that many who benefit. it is now too much ico but not the whole scam. I do not agree with the percentage of 90% scam
Pages:
Jump to: