Pages:
Author

Topic: overwhelming consensus excludes Lauda, remains in DT2, went in2 buz w sold act - page 32. (Read 11909 times)

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959

Edit - Quickscammer and Ognasty are clearly in cahoots - why else would I have been excluded from Tomotocage's list the same time as Zepher, less than 24 hours after really pissing Ognasty off? Fuck, never even talked to the guy in my life? This system is clearly fucked.
I like your logic. The fact that TC excluded you is clearly evidence that OgN and myself are in cahoots. /s

Can you explain anything else that makes sense, Quickscammer?  Tongue
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
I like your logic. The fact that TC excluded you is clearly evidence that OgN and myself are in cahoots. /s
You and TC were close around your escrow debarcle. TC has essentially copied Og's excludes. Og left you positive feedback very close to when this all went down. You've been a Nasty Fan for a while prior to this. All of the people excluded are people that have talked ill of Og or Nastyfans.

Of course none of this is proof, but there are a fair few coincidences.
copper member
Activity: 2926
Merit: 2348

Edit - Quickscammer and Ognasty are clearly in cahoots - why else would I have been excluded from Tomotocage's list the same time as Zepher, less than 24 hours after really pissing Ognasty off? Fuck, never even talked to the guy in my life? This system is clearly fucked.
Activity: 1092
Merit: 582
ah, oh c'mon, I love to follow his ratings. Although some ratings can be assumed harsh but ultimately can be considered more than good if you want to avoid scams(for newbie).
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
1) I don't know who tomatoface is
2) I would not want to be on DT and don't have the personality for it
3) as the exclusions are the same as OG's maybe OG bought the account off his mate QS??
4) pathetic whatever the reason is, as i don't believe in coincidence I'll go with OG being the bully again
legendary
Activity: 2716
Merit: 1225
Once a man, twice a child!
I guess many are lurking behind the doors and watching how the punchline goes between the DTs on this so as not to be caught in the crossfire. For this many, Valentine can't be better than it is today.

However, on a serious note I think the policing system here has really helped put spammers and scammers on check. Lauda (Just like many other DT members) could be high-handed in negging accounts most times and then become unresponsive to pleas afterwards. But that is not to take it away from them the near sanity their checks have brought to this forum.
legendary
You look good from my side:

Is anyone (THEYMOS)? Going to correct this broken ass scammy system?
Until the issue is resolved, just set this as your list.

Thanks, I already did just that, so fuck it... Doesn't break my heart, I just hate how it's so scammy... Qs & Og get pissed off at us both, and then we end up excluded by a DT1 user who rarely logs in or posts?

I think we now know which DT1 account QS used to brag about having control of... LOL... 
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
You look good from my side:

Until the issue is resolved, just set this as your list.
legendary
lol There is no way tomatocage is in control by quickseller

I swear you guys just make stuff up

You obviously have not been around here a long time, have you? Or at least in meta/drama-land?  Roll Eyes

legendary
Terminated.

Given that Quickseller was in control of several DT accounts throughout the years, and sold some to scammers, it not unreasonable to state that this might be a possibility given the circumstances. Saying that something might be possible =/= just making stuff up.

Haha, so I'm officially been booted from DT as a result of bashing Quickseller in this post?

Funny how that happens within 24hrs of me having a bash at you, QuickScammer.
This, among other exclusions is very weird. There is actually no basis at all to exclude some of them[1].

[1] The list:
   aTriz
    minifrij
    owlcatz
    Zepher
    The Pharmacist
    TMAN
I don't think any of those users had any interaction with Tomatocage. Some of them were not even close to DT2 (i.e. have no inclusions, but have at least 1 exclusion), and some of them aren't even active in Reputation stuff. Why would one exclude them?
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 603
Electricity is really just organized lightning
Now we see that trust system is really far from being perfect. When instrument for punishment is concentrated in the hands of tight circle of individuals we can get a situations like this.Lauda was excluded form DT and now hundreds of scammers are back in town. Very sad.

Your english may not be perfect, but you make a very valid point in regards to the trust system, especially in the bolded part.

Most people in DT1 and DT2 use their "power" wisely. They don't abuse it for personal gain, they don't use it to purposely destroy others - and touching on that second point, they don't bring emotion into their decisions.

Some users choose to ignore those invisible lines and use their power as a way of getting at another individual.

You are quite right, it's sad.

Killyou72, just leave. Please. You tend to make an idiot of yourself.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 960
100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!

Activity: 602
Merit: 279
Now we see that trust system is really far from being perfect. When punishment instrument is concentrated in the hands of tight circle of individuals we can get situations like this. Lauda was excluded from DT and now hundreds of scammers are back in town. Very sad.
legendary
Activity: 2422
Merit: 1845
Crypto for the Crypto Throne!
Long live the scammers paradise now, I guess.

Bro, all as Nietzsche said  Grin You're in "slave" community, here fight against "master's" (JP Morjan, Trump and others, oligarchs) morality. You're not welcome here, be ubermensch somewhere else!  Grin
(By Nietzsche only slaves fighting for freedom. Masters already have it (I think Trump or Putin are free enough))

Everything above is a half-joke. It's very bad that man who fought scammers is out of DT now. Scammers and spammers are in work again  Undecided

legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1808
Exchange Bitcoin quickly-https://blockchain.com.do
So are the guys on DT-1 now going to step up and start the tagging? one step forward with merit now two steps back with this.

pretty pathetic that OG and his "mate" orchestrate something like this as it only benefits the scammers.
copper member
Activity: 686
Merit: 603
Electricity is really just organized lightning
Haha, so I'm officially been booted from DT as a result of bashing Quickseller in this post?

Funny how that happens within 24hrs of me having a bash at you, QuickScammer.

If this doesn't prove that you are in control of the Tomatocage account after everything else that has happened recently with that trust list, with "events" taking place between you (QS) and someone else (*) - against other trusted users of this forum - then I don't really know. Timelords thread that was buried has a lot of merit, huh?

*I wouldn't be surprised if OgNasty is also a part of this (purely conjecture, of course) effort to boot certain users over a period of time from DT. Again, purely conjecture at this time, but it certainly wouldn't surprise me.

Edited for grammar.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
Forget about DefaultTrust! Adopt the Merit System now!
These systems serve different purposes; one cannot properly be substituted for the other.
Activity: 67
Merit: 5
Forget about DefaultTrust! Adopt the Merit System now!
I don't have an opinion on this particular issue (Lauda has many good ratings, but also several that seem too trigger-happy), but I have been getting very annoyed about how centralized the trust system is. The reason that I made it a complicated trust network instead of a centralized list/database is so that it'd be decentralized and subjective.

I've been seriously thinking about reopening the idea of enforcing user-defined trust lists via suggestions, etc., deprecating DefaultTrust.

Thank you Theymos for listening. I agree decentralizing the trust system in this forum is the best in the spirit of Bitcoin. You can't trust human overlords to make decisions for you. The next best thing would be the judgement of the whole community. And then maybe making harder to make new accounts by verifying identities by phone (like Telegram) or by BTC holds (proving you hold enough BTC) would ensure less alt accounts.

The following quote is a first impression of this forum from a newbie:
I've seen many weird trust ratings while bored waiting for the post timer to conclude when I want to post something right after having posted something a second ago.

Some people have negative trust, but the amount of BTC involved is literally 0. And the negative trust message is somewhat odd, something like: "POTENTIAL SCAMMER! ASKS FOR NO COLLATERAL LOAN"

This is odd to me. If he never scammed anyone yet, then why does he get negative trust that reflects oh so poorly on his main profile when posting? That's unfair to the maximum.

I've seen another weird one, where someone is selling subscription services to crypto investment groups. The negative trust given is merely a speculation on why the price is so low: "Warning scammer trying to sell subscription services for half the price of regular." <-- again, no BTC involved. It's just people ranting.

It's almost like leaving a restaurant review without actually eating at the restaurant.

But then again, the environment of crypto where no transactions can be reversed... I'd say these negative trust messages are natural. Have to prevent a scam before it happens, right?

But giving someone negative trust for their political/religious opinions is just fucked. That has nothing to do with business. Trust is about business. Being a radical Christian has nothing to do with scamming someone.

Frankly, this cleaning up of the DT members or deprecating DefaultTrust would help the merit system since it's the next best thing for a community vote.
legendary
Terminated.
Everyone will start seeing the trust of userX like this, no?
Me : userX Neutral for example
Member1 : userX -1024 (never contacted him nor can browse his 100 pages history before dealing with him)
Member2 : userX +1024 (same comment)
Yes. The whole idea is to set up your own list, to avoid the collusion(s) from OP and his alts (&& similar) and to decentralize the system. However, you have a point there. This whole move, including the change to user-defined list is going to have a very dividing and negative impact on newbies. The best that you could do in that case is advise people to create a common (good) list upon which others would build up (i.e. tweak it/add their own people and such).

Sometimes i am asking why we are here in the first place to see this happening over and over...
This is why: OP has the following rating "Trust: -4078". Most of his sockpuppets got busted in the meantime, and he developed a very unhealthy obsession with me and a few others.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1065
✋(▀Ĺ̯ ▀-͠ )
I've been seriously thinking about reopening the idea of enforcing user-defined trust lists via suggestions, etc., deprecating DefaultTrust.

ELI5/ I don't understand how could this be helpful for the community. Everyone will start seeing the trust of userX like this, no?
Me : userX Neutral for example
Member1 : userX -1024 (never contacted him nor can browse his 100 pages history before dealing with him)
Member2 : userX +1024 (same comment)
It will all depends on the people you trust who can change side at any moment (plenty of examples of escrow & previously trusted person).
I suggest to have 2 trusting system if, the new one...but let us keep the actual one enabled (checking an option in the parameters)
YT    0: -0 / +0
DT   -26: -x / +y

Back to topic : same drama every week or so (maybe everyday?)... Sometimes i am asking why we are here in the first place to see this happening over and over...
Pages:
Jump to: