Pages:
Author

Topic: overwhelming consensus excludes Lauda, remains in DT2, went in2 buz w sold act - page 34. (Read 11909 times)

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
..Lauda has many good ratings..
Thanks.

...but also several that seem too trigger-happy..
I know. The inherent problem with DT1 members is that they just act quietly. How about sending a PM in the lines of: "Hello [InsertDT2 member], I do not agree with the following ratings XYZ because of *[insertReason]". However, no. In a lot of cases, they don't even respond at all when you message them about it.

..but I have been getting very annoyed about how centralized the trust system is...
A lot of people are.

I've been seriously thinking about reopening the idea of enforcing user-defined trust lists via suggestions, etc., deprecating DefaultTrust.
It seems to be at least somewhat better than backroom collusion(s) that we have right now. Would you mind on elaborating on:

Sweet. Lauda negged me for “lying” after I pointed out his/her past connections to alt accounts and account sales. Glad to see this bullshit doesn’t fly anymore.
Hello (dormant) QS army.
Activity: 36
Merit: 0
Sweet. Lauda negged me for “lying” after I pointed out his/her past connections to alt accounts and account sales. Glad to see this bullshit doesn’t fly anymore.
administrator
Activity: 5222
Merit: 13032
I don't have an opinion on this particular issue (Lauda has many good ratings, but also several that seem too trigger-happy), but I have been getting very annoyed about how centralized the trust system is. The reason that I made it a complicated trust network instead of a centralized list/database is so that it'd be decentralized and subjective.

I've been seriously thinking about reopening the idea of enforcing user-defined trust lists via suggestions, etc., deprecating DefaultTrust.
Activity: 1064
Merit: 382
Hurrah for Karamazov!
That is a lie. The ratings that I have been leaving were proper in one way or another.
I would have created a list of all such ratings, but I go to college Smiley And I am doing an internship with pretty good stipend Smiley You see, I value time and would hate to waste my only life at an online forum Wink

Let me guess, your alts got freed? Roll Eyes
TF dude, why would I need an alt here.Stop judging people on how "you are".

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1317
Get your game girl
Not "a lot", most of them were tagged by other DT members(like ibminer).As for the others, I am sure Quickseller will come up with a good solution to filter them out.
Starting from alt-accounts thread to ICO pumping accounts,I usually see comments from Lauda who investigates the matter and tags the account involved.I don't think ibminer does it on a scale as that of Lauda.

Getting a negative trust was the most looked down thing before the tyranny of Lauda.He(it) was tagging people for their personal opinion too! Red trust was losing its value, it was turning into a cliche.
Maybe you can support such statements with relevant proofs ?Also 1 case out of 100 doesn't count. I don't see how "removing Lauda" is going to restore faith & integrity in the Red trust again.
legendary
Terminated.
Not "a lot", most of them were tagged by other DT members(like ibminer).
It is not most of them. Simple example: Most abusers from the recent alts thread are not tagged by anyone.

Getting a negative trust was the most looked down thing before the tyranny of Lauda.He(it) was tagging people for their personal opinion too! Red trust was losing its value, it was turning into a cliche.
That is a lie. The ratings that I have been leaving were proper in one way or another. Let me guess, your alts got freed? Roll Eyes
Activity: 1064
Merit: 382
Hurrah for Karamazov!
A lot of scammers will be roaming free..
Not "a lot", most of them were tagged by other DT members(like ibminer,vod,etcetra).As for the others, I am sure Quickseller will come up with a good solution to filter them out.

copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 278
Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee
Out of all the people removed,Lauda was the most deserving person to be there.I hope this somehow settles with only Lauda put back to that list.In terms of forum contribution (without taking negative feedbacks left  into consideration) Lauda does  the most.

It might seem that they are free as a bird, not to mention if all the users got red tagged by Lauda create another account, I could not think what's going to happen next. *very undesirable* outcome indeed.

Nevertheless Majority attacks the minority is surely have a higher chance of winning.
legendary
Terminated.
I hope this somehow settles with only Lauda put back to that list.
Doubtful given the situation:

HostFat excluded me because of my statements, and later ratings on bcash scammers (ratings which theymos said were valid to leave). Cheesy
TC will not likely answer an inquiry (given he is/was MIA) and OgNasty's exclusions[1] are.. well I'll let you decide on that one.
[1] All of these:
       TMAN
        Lauda
        isoneguy
        aTriz
        minifrij
        EcuaMobi
        cryptodevil
        suchmoon
        owlcatz
        Zepher
        The Pharmacist
        Lutpin
        Hhampuz

Anyhow, thanks for the post (you && others).
legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1317
Get your game girl
Out of all the people removed,Lauda was the most deserving person to be there.I hope this somehow settles with only Lauda put back to that list.In terms of forum contribution (without taking negative feedbacks left  into consideration) Lauda does  the most.

legendary
Terminated.
Now these account (which already got negged by Lauda) back to neutral trust again after s/he got removed from DT2 and these cheater will start to cheat again.
That's what OP wants. He is/was the mastermind of farming and account sales after all.

actmyname (After a step) and ibminer "anyone tagging scammers"
This:
However, before you spend your time on this you better make sure that you don't get suddenly excluded yourself for no-valid-reason-whatsoever, else your efforts are going to be wasted. Roll Eyes

I wouldn't even recommend that you go through that list unless theymos makes changes to DT1, which is not likely either.
Given the collusion, it is not unlikely that actmyname is going to receive 1 more exclusion. ibminer is *safer*.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1288
Oh come on..
You have got to be kidding me. First,The Pharmacist and now Lauda?
Who's next?
actmyname (After a step) and ibminer "anyone tagging scammers"

All I see is a long list of username couldn't decipher how that works.

Could someone explain it to me like I'm little child so I could comprehend what's going on here Huh
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;full

I wouldn't even recommend that you go through that list unless theymos makes changes to DT1, which is not likely either.
That's what will happen
Activity: 213
Merit: 53
Oh damn, who will negged all scammers/cheaters then?

I have revealed 88 cheater accounts on here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/known-alts-of-any-one-a-user-generated-list-mk-iii-2021-q2-2544574

Now these account (which already got negged by Lauda) back to neutral trust again after s/he got removed from DT2 and these cheater will start to cheat again.
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1267
In Memory of Zepher
How beneficial to the forum. Whatever.

Let's see.. number of valid exclusions: N/A. Tomatocage just copied (most of) OgNasty's exclusions:
I think it's quite funny that TC previously left me a positive rating for a deal that never happened, but now I'm less active than ever I'm suddenly not to be trusted.

I would argue that if either Blazed or hilariousandco does not remove Lauda from their trust list in light of the above, they should be removed from being trusted directly by DefaultTrust.
You're wrong. Whether you disagree with it or not, the system is working as intended. No one should be punished for using it as such.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 960
100% Deposit Match UP TO €5000!
Well if all the people that leave tons of negatives are now no longer DT, who is going to make people red
copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 278
Offering Escrow 0.5 % fee
All I see is a long list of username couldn't decipher how that works.

Could someone explain it to me like I'm little child so I could comprehend what's going on here Huh
copper member
Activity: 2562
Merit: 2510
Spear the bees
One of the issues with negging so many people is that it forces them to create a new account, with the knowledge of what to avoid doing in future to avoid another neg.

What if negs by DT members were not visible to the user themselves, but only to other logged in members? Obviously there are some flaws to this idea, but I believe it could slow down the rate at which accounts are created and ditched.
They usually notice when they're kicked out of their signature campaigns or are told by other users that they wish to trade with, "you have red trust".

Doesn't do much. And also, isn't making people avoid getting tagged a good thing? They'll stop scamming. They will avoid ponzi schemes. Etc.
The only problem is discreet account selling... which you can't avoid regardless.

I see no benefit in making red trust unnoticeable to the user that is tagged. It would use some extra server resources and overall have little to no point.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 332
DMs have been disabled. I am busy.
One of the issues with negging so many people is that it forces them to create a new account, with the knowledge of what to avoid doing in future to avoid another neg.

What if negs by DT members were not visible to the user themselves, but only to other logged in members? Obviously there are some flaws to this idea, but I believe it could slow down the rate at which accounts are created and ditched.
legendary
Terminated.
With over (I believe) 1500 ratings left, good luck with that. You'd be playing whack-a-mole unless you tag almost all of them.
Assuming it takes 4 minutes per rating to investigate the validity of the reference and tag, that's 100 hours of work. On just the ratings. :/
It's a huge timesink even with some rating overflow from other DT users.
Indeed it is. Though it is easier for you to reproduce (time wise) than it was for me to initially get to some rating (e.g. reading the whole thread if exists, writing the ratings and whatnot). However, before you spend your time on this you better make sure that you don't get suddenly excluded yourself for no-valid-reason-whatsoever, else your efforts are going to be wasted. Roll Eyes

legendary
Activity: 2383
Merit: 1551
dogs are cute.
How do you see who has excluded who in their trust lists? I am in noob in this.
Jump into hierarchal view in your trust settings and you can check exclusions by DT{0, 1, ..., n-1} members (where n = depth).
Hmm.. It should take a few hours(excluding the time spent offline) but thanks.
With over (I believe) 1500 ratings left, good luck with that. You'd be playing whack-a-mole unless you tag almost all of them.
Assuming it takes 4 minutes per rating to investigate the validity of the reference and tag, that's 100 hours of work. On just the ratings. :/
It's a huge timesink even with some rating overflow from other DT users.
Or you could delegate or ask some other DT member like say ibminer to split the task.  Huh
Pages:
Jump to: