Pages:
Author

Topic: PAPERBACK - Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies - page 7. (Read 27083 times)

Activity: 639
Merit: 504
I reserve 78 but I cant see a price?

70 GBP each which is ~0.236 BTC at current price

price is in OP
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1000
I reserve 78 but I cant see a price?
legendary
Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134
The Cryptonumist
I want to reserve #64 and #71 i use paypal please tell me where to send the money!
ohhh
Newbie requesting for payment with PayPal, OP handle it with care. Also the first post is in here, looks very much legit.  Tongue Tongue
Lol

I have a well documented history of being quite trusting here..
What I dislike about this community is the suspicion and distrust; I almost quit more than once because of it.
That said, I will give them the fair opportunity to pay by Paypal as long as it seems legit.
Activity: 994
Merit: 1000
PUGG.io
I want to reserve #64 and #71 i use paypal please tell me where to send the money!
ohhh
Newbie requesting for payment with PayPal, OP handle it with care. Also the first post is in here, looks very much legit.  Tongue Tongue
Lol
Activity: 308
Merit: 117
legendary
The Cryptonumist
This stamp could go on the front cover, on the back or inside.
Is there a general preference?
I also agree with the others that it should be inside of the book.

All books have now been stamped on the inside.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I also agree with the others that it should be inside of the book.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596

I think stamping on the inside of the book is the right way to go.  I was concerned when you said it would be on the side, because I think it would wear off with use.

Great minds think alike.  Exactly my sentiments.
I agree as well. A stamp on the side of the book looks a bit weird in my opinion.

The only time I have seen a stamp on the side of a book is when it is/was from a library with their name and address......
Just my 2 satoshi!!

Thanks
copper member
Activity: 3892
Merit: 2197
Verified awesomeness ✔

I think stamping on the inside of the book is the right way to go.  I was concerned when you said it would be on the side, because I think it would wear off with use.

Great minds think alike.  Exactly my sentiments.
I agree as well. A stamp on the side of the book looks a bit weird in my opinion.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
Don't put the stamps on the outside.  Go for the title page. 
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

I think stamping on the inside of the book is the right way to go.  I was concerned when you said it would be on the side, because I think it would wear off with use.

Great minds think alike.  Exactly my sentiments.
legendary
The Cryptonumist

How about stamping a $100 bill and taping it to the inside cover?

Chris

For the low low price of 0.185BTC extra!
legendary
Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203
BitcoinPenny.com

How about stamping a $100 bill and taping it to the inside cover?

Chris
legendary
The Cryptonumist
I think stamping on the inside of the book is the right way to go.  I was concerned when you said it would be on the side, because I think it would wear off with use.

Agreed, I can always count on bithalo to talk sense into me

Activity: 261
Merit: 103
I'm thinking I can put the '/100' stamp on the center of the cover, right under the title. the ''/25' stamp could then go onto the top, right above the title. I don't think those 1 or two stamps would make the book look worse.
The other option would be to put both on the back, where they are 'out of sight'.

Still need to test on a book to make sure the ink sticks, of course
I'm thinking on the 1st right hand page (1st page of paper, not the back of the cover).  I would be concerned that a stamp or hand writing smears off the slick cover.  I would also sign the books on that same place on the page of paper too.  

Thats also where I'm thinking of putting the holo for the signature edition.  A slick cover may make a holo too easy to remove.

Stamping the inside would certainly be the simple approach. Issue is that it would not be outwardly possible to determine the number, which I think many would find appealing (also helps avoid shipping mix-ups)

The signature(s) itself (and holo) would go well on the 1st or second page of the book (perhaps holo on first page, signatures on 2nd as there is more space)

I will likely be placing all stamps on the inside of the book, as it looks cleaner.
I also tested a Serpcoin and Silver Wallets hologram on the cover; looks like our hologram will be on the cover as well.

If you want to buy the TEST book, PM me. I don't really want to bother with an auction for it. Buy-it-now 0.3BTC, if no offer by sometime tomorrow I'll drop it to 0.2 btc.

legendary
The Cryptonumist
I'm thinking I can put the '/100' stamp on the center of the cover, right under the title. the ''/25' stamp could then go onto the top, right above the title. I don't think those 1 or two stamps would make the book look worse.
The other option would be to put both on the back, where they are 'out of sight'.

I'm thinking on the 1st right hand page (1st page of paper, not the back of the cover).  I would be concerned that a stamp or hand writing smears off the slick cover.  I would also sign the books on that same place on the page of paper too.  

Thats also where I'm thinking of putting the holo for the signature edition.  A slick cover may make a holo too easy to remove.

Stamping the inside would certainly be the simple approach. Issue is that it would not be outwardly possible to determine the number, which I think many would find appealing (also helps avoid shipping mix-ups)

The signature(s) itself (and holo) would go well on the 1st or second page of the book (perhaps holo on first page, signatures on 2nd as there is more space)

I will likely be placing all stamps on the inside of the book, as it looks cleaner.
I also tested a Serpcoin and Silver Wallets hologram on the cover; looks like our hologram will be on the cover as well.

If you want to buy the TEST book, PM me. I don't really want to bother with an auction for it. Buy-it-now 0.3BTC, if no offer by sometime tomorrow I'll drop it to 0.2 btc.

EDIT: Test Copy is sold
legendary
The Cryptonumist

legendary
The Cryptonumist

Turns out the ink will not bond with the matte cover.
I decided to shorten the stamp, and and will now likely be stamping the SIDE of the book at the bottom, and using a 'sharpie' type marker to input the numbers.

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here

I'm thinking on the 1st right hand page (1st page of paper, not the back of the cover).  I would be concerned that a stamp or hand writing smears off the slick cover.  I would also sign the books on that same place on the page of paper too.   

Thats also where I'm thinking of putting the holo for the signature edition.  A slick cover may make a holo too easy to remove.
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
I will begin numbering and signing this weekend.

I will be stamping the books with a

Special Edition
    First Print    
          /100

stamp, and will write each number by hand.

Would anyone be interested in buying a unique un-serialized 'test copy' with multiple stamps?

yes elianite i want it.  make my copy the test copy please

The test copy would likely not have a serial number, so it would be in addition to the 100. I wont promise it to anyone yet; just dont want to 'ruin' a book unless I know someone will want it Tongue

ok so this wouldnt be one of the numbered books let me think
Pages:
Jump to: