Pages:
Author

Topic: PAPERBACK - Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies - page 4. (Read 27083 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
I'm glad you all like it! I took care to use a premium color option, as well as extra-thick pages. I'm glad I chose the matte cover & photos as opposed to glossy!

Keep the feedback coming!

Also, the Signature Edition books are now all signed and the holograms are attached. On monday or tuesday they will be sent to minerjones for distribution.

Yup... I received the box of all the books from Mike Caldwell yesterday.  Sadly there were no extra goodies thrown in like some spare coins or bars.

I'm assembling all of them now and will get them out Monday morning.

Very sad, he could at least have included a few free 1000 BTC coins and bar for you  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
I'm glad you all like it! I took care to use a premium color option, as well as extra-thick pages. I'm glad I chose the matte cover & photos as opposed to glossy!

Also, the Signature Edition books are now all signed and the holograms are attached. On monday or tuesday they will be sent to minerjones for distribution.

Yup... I received the box of all the books from Mike Caldwell yesterday.  Sadly there were no extra goodies thrown in like some spare coins or bars.

I'm assembling all of them now and will get them out Monday morning.
legendary
Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134
The Cryptonumist

legendary
Activity: 2662
Merit: 2203
BitcoinPenny.com

I agree. It's a great book. I especially like the pages on Bitcoin Penny™ Commemorative Coins!

(It's too bad an arrogant jerk scribbled his signature at the bottom of the page...with a doodle!) Wink

Regards,
Me
legendary
Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109
My copy #44 arrived !! the book is awesome, great quality, nice paper to read not shiny or glossy. Many hours to read and stare are pictures of great coins. Thanks Elias, Matthew and Howard for making this book!

legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
I hope many of you have received your books. If you haven't yet gotten a digital PDF copy from me and want one, please message me again.
While I do not prefer reading PDF books, I've went though the PDF copy last night and it looks very well. I can't say that I have something that is worth complaining. Well done!

My copies have arrived Cheesy
Could you take some pictures? What are your impressions? Are you satisfied with it? I'm very curious since I'll have to wait a while for mine.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
My copies have arrived Cheesy
legendary
The Cryptonumist
I hope many of you have received your books. If you haven't yet gotten a digital PDF copy from me and want one, please message me again.

If you have read the PDF or Paper copy I kindly ask you to consider writing a brief review for Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Encyclopedia-Physical-Bitcoins-Crypto-Currencies-Ahonen/dp/0995089906?ie=UTF8&*Version*=1&*entries*=0

This would really help me get the book 'out there' and also raise the profile of physical crypto-currency.

Many Thanks!
legendary
The Cryptonumist
Some of you may be interested to hear that one of the First Print editions has been gifted to Charlie Shrem, who helped me make the first eBook a reality.

Also, the auction for a Collector's Signature Edition ends tomorrow; check it out!

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1017
Star Wars Ep. 9 is here
Mike C still has the Signature books, so I hope to receive them next week.  I'll then sign and add the holo.  I should be able to turn them around quickly next week once I receive them.  I live in the US.
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
I've made a huge mistake!
I've read Elianite live in UK... that's my bad  Grin

oh well, now there's no chance to avoid VAT  Cry
legendary
Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
Myself > Mike Caldwell > Howard Kesselman > Buyer

is Howard Kesselman shipping from EU?
Because I really don't want to pay VAT (I'll ask a refund if I'll pay for that).

Elianite is in Canada, bithalo is in US. Either way VAT would have been applicable when recieving into the EU, from one or the other ? Wouldnt have mattered if it was a single copy direct to end buyer, or bulk shipping to an EU distributor - VAT would be applied when coming in, at some point.

I am expecting it when recieving into the UK. Only potential saving grace would be a low value declared (like $40) to dip under the trigger
Activity: 494
Merit: 500
Myself > Mike Caldwell > Howard Kesselman > Buyer

is Howard Kesselman shipping from EU?
Because I really don't want to pay VAT (I'll ask a refund if I'll pay for that).
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072
I appreciate that you have given us the PDF copy before the signed copies arrive but I was disappointed to see the watermarking on every page under text areas (not just on the margins).  There are clear identifiers on the left and right margins of each page that tell an ID number which is encrypted to most likely correspond to a purchaser which may have been sufficient enough.  I understand why you did the "under text" watermarking but unfortunately I had some strain while focusing on reading the PDF due to the feint blue text layering with the watermark and I'd prefer to avoid that.  Wink

Wasn't the PDF an afterthought?   Meaning, I bought the book to get the book.  I had no idea that a 'free' PDF copy would be available at the time of purchase.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep up with the thread either, else I would have opted to get the special/signed version.

Anyone want to sell me their copy not wanting to wait?   Smiley

Correct, I was not under the impression the PDF would be provided when pre-ordering the book and the PDF was a nice surprise to be able to view the TOC and general layout/imagery.  From previous posts I was under the impression I would be receiving my book this week, but since I upgraded to the collectors edition there will be an extra wait time.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
I appreciate that you have given us the PDF copy before the signed copies arrive but I was disappointed to see the watermarking on every page under text areas (not just on the margins).  There are clear identifiers on the left and right margins of each page that tell an ID number which is encrypted to most likely correspond to a purchaser which may have been sufficient enough.  I understand why you did the "under text" watermarking but unfortunately I had some strain while focusing on reading the PDF due to the feint blue text layering with the watermark and I'd prefer to avoid that.  Wink

Wasn't the PDF an afterthought?   Meaning, I bought the book to get the book.  I had no idea that a 'free' PDF copy would be available at the time of purchase.

Unfortunately, I didn't keep up with the thread either, else I would have opted to get the special/signed version.

Anyone want to sell me their copy not wanting to wait?   Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2702
Merit: 1072

Simply put, what is the pricing structure of the remaining books and how can I purchase a physical copy to receive it in a timely manner apart from the time it will take for my signed copy to arrive?
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
There are limited 1st print copies available for those who do not want to wait. Cheesy

This way, you have one to read and one to keep safe (and hold your bitcoins!!!)

Thanks
legendary
Terminated.
As previously stated, the Signature Edition books will take longer. This is because they are not shipped by myself, but go through several people (Myself > Mike Caldwell > Howard Kesselman > Buyer). Instead of shipping the books to the UK for signing by Matthew Rippon (an extra month at minimum), high quality acid-free foil labels have been signed by Matthew which will be affixed onto the signature page.

Right now, they are in Mr. Caldwell (Casascius') possession, and he will forward them to Howard as soon as he has signed them.
Ah, so that is what's going on; it was the unclear part (at least to me, as I don't check the thread often). So, I'll assume that it is going to take quite some time until they are shipped out to the Buyer. I'm ready for Q3 2016, I guess. Could you send me a PDF version as well? I would appreciate it.
legendary
The Cryptonumist
Just so everyone is clear:
The Collector's Signature Edition books have NOT shipped yet. They are currently with Mr. Caldwell for signing.
The international shipping time (as specified) is absurdly long, and now there's another delay? How long do we have to keep waiting for them (any ETA)?

As previously stated, the Signature Edition books will take longer. This is because they are not shipped by myself, but go through several people (Myself > Mike Caldwell > Howard Kesselman > Buyer). Instead of shipping the books to the UK for signing by Matthew Rippon (an extra month at minimum), high quality acid-free foil labels have been signed by Matthew which will be affixed onto the signature page.

Right now, they are in Mr. Caldwell (Casascius') possession, and he will forward them to Howard as soon as he has signed them.

As for international shipping, the book prices come with 'basic' shipping. This alone cost $15-$25 CAD per package on my end, largely because each book weighs above 500 grams. International shipping is probably cheaper from the US (from where the Signature Edition books will be shipped from). I will message all buyers regarding this before shipment is arranged, to ensure everyone has the opportunity for shipping upgrades if they desire.
legendary
Terminated.
Just so everyone is clear:
The Collector's Signature Edition books have NOT shipped yet. They are currently with Mr. Caldwell for signing.
The international shipping time (as specified) is absurdly long, and now there's another delay? How long do we have to keep waiting for them (any ETA)?
Pages:
Jump to: