Pages:
Author

Topic: PAPERBACK - Encyclopedia of Physical Bitcoins and Crypto-Currencies - page 5. (Read 27083 times)

legendary
Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134
The Cryptonumist
Just so everyone is clear:
The Collector's Signature Edition books have NOT shipped yet. They are currently with Mr. Caldwell for signing.

Thank you for the kind words, I hope to hear back from everyone regarding their thoughts on the book. Obviously there will be errors; they can be fixed for later editions if any are released.

Though many of you have recived the PDF now, I do recommend reading the hard copy as it is an enjoyable experience.
legendary
Activity: 2214
Merit: 1057
just wanted to say public thanks to elianite after receiving my pdf copy today.

there's a huge amount of work here and the level of detail including the historical backstories on the coins and their makers is very impressive. big thanks for putting all of this together in what will become a great asset to the collectible community.
legendary
The Cryptonumist
Collector's Signature Edition  #06/25 is now on auction until May 10th.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1458747.new#new

Also, I have now sent PDF versions to those who requested them.
Activity: 308
Merit: 117
Received both my books today very happy with them!!!!
legendary
The Cryptonumist
Probably what I will do is mark each file with an ID number. That will mean that I can easily identify the source, etc.
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
i think watermark all .PDF's with the individual (forum) names would be the best way to prevent unauthorised spreading. And I would have my own watermarked copy.

Well, to prevent the spread of unauthed copies, you could watermark with the buyers full details. 
This would ensure that MOST of us wouldn't even consider giving it out. 
But, it would also just make someone buying it provide fake details.
So, it would not eliminate a spread.
Activity: 57
Merit: 0
i think watermark all .PDF's with the individual (forum) names would be the best way to prevent unauthorised spreading. And I would have my own watermarked copy.
legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
Any sign of the e book ? Just to keep me going while I await the hard copy ...

Will look to have the PDF link by Monday to everyone who has messaged me requesting one.

Would it be an idea to watermark all .PDF's with the individual (forum) names of the people who requested it? That way you might prevent people from spreading it.

You mean you wouldn't want a copy with "minerjones" stamped all over the pages...  Tongue Wink   LOL  Cheesy

Received my regular and test copies yesterday Cheesy

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin

Will look to have the PDF link by Monday to everyone who has messaged me requesting one.

Would it be an idea to watermark all .PDF's with the individual (forum) names of the people who requested it? That way you might prevent people from spreading it.
legendary
The Cryptonumist
Has anyone received their books yet? I may be interested in purchasing one (I'd first probably go for the eBook though) to be sure. Who is selling the remainder of the books while you go away on your travels?

Thanks

MinerJones has possession of the remaining books at this time, and some unsigned copies may also be available from him soon. Prices and such for those will be set in the near future.

At this point the digital version is not for sale, as it is only a PDF and not a proper eBook.
legendary
The Cryptonumist

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin

Nope, not yet. I've sent Elianite a PM the day he posted about the e-book but no reply yet.
legendary
Activity: 1251
Merit: 1259
MONKEYNUTS
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1407
Activity: 344
Merit: 254
Received mine today.
nice!   can't wait to get mine, though I assume it will be a couple more days.  
legendary
Activity: 1498
Merit: 1164
Received mine today.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348
Has anyone received their books yet? I may be interested in purchasing one (I'd first probably go for the eBook though) to be sure. Who is selling the remainder of the books while you go away on your travels?

Thanks
legendary
The Cryptonumist
I've got some PM's already!
Please give me a week or more to get them ready. The main purpose is to bring fairness in case some shipments take 3 months while others only a week.

That said, I do reccomend reading the book itself; much more enjoyable in my opinion!

legendary
Activity: 3206
Merit: 3596
Most books are now shipped.
US buyers will receive them relatively quickly, wheat European and South American shipments will take a month (two at most). Unfortunately,,the few packages going to Australia, Russia, and Singapore will take one month on too of that.

Since shipping isn't very fast,  any buyer may PM me and recieve personal access to a digital PDF of the book.

I am still able to accept sales if you pay 70gbp in full to the address on my profile OR quoted on the auction in the post above^. I need to get your shipping data also.
Absolute deadline for all this is 8 am est tomorrow

Signature Edition will ship later, but won't be long.

Congrats on getting most of the books out to everyone!!! Cheesy

PM sent for the digital PDF!!! YES   Grin

legendary
The Cryptonumist
Most books are now shipped.
US buyers will receive them relatively quickly, wheat European and South American shipments will take a month (two at most). Unfortunately,,the few packages going to Australia, Russia, and Singapore will take one month on too of that.

Since shipping isn't very fast,  any buyer may PM me and recieve personal access to a digital PDF of the book.

I am still able to accept sales if you pay 70gbp in full to the address on my profile OR quoted on the auction in the post above^. I need to get your shipping data also.
Absolute deadline for all this is 8 am est tomorrow

Signature Edition will ship later, but won't be long.
Pages:
Jump to: