Pages:
Author

Topic: Pay in rubles or have your gas shut off by April - page 11. (Read 1950 times)

legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 6403
Blackjack.fun
To be honest, if European countries don't want to freeze to death then they inevitably have to obey the rules set by Putin. This step actually looks cruel but I see this is the last step from Putin to escape the sanctions imposed on Russia.

Yeah right, the same bullsihit about freezing to death without Russian gas.
I wonder how did we manage before when the USSR was not selling one cubic meter of gas to the western world, oh wait, what happened afterward? One crumbled and the other was perfectly fine!

As far as China and India is concerned, i think Russia is still in good business with their energy sells.

And how are they going to do so? By fueling balloons and sending them over the border? Carrying oil in their pockets?
Suddenly Russia will be able to export 75% of the gas over inexistent pipelines but Europe can't replace 40% of theirs.
Activity: 336
Merit: 41
Iike our people will always say: you can't easily beat to a pub the man that weild the handle of the sword. EU and other countries that are major dependants  of Russia's energy wouldn't say they never envinced this coming even as they were throwing sanctions upon sanctions on Russia.

As far as China and India is concerned, i think Russia is still in good business with their energy sells.

This is war, and everyone will definitely try to make use of every strategy possibly with their reach to winning it, and that's what I see Russia doing.
legendary
Activity: 994
Merit: 1267
Lightning network is good with small amount of BTC
Putin has threatened so called unfriendly states to pay in rubles or have its gas supply shut off. It has said it doesn't buy things for free and so isn't going to charitable with its energy.
It will only take time, Putin is not doing his country good, he can look like he is winning now but the future would tell. I wish Russians to see what Putin is getting them into.

To be honest, if European countries don't want to freeze to death then they inevitably have to obey the rules set by Putin. This step actually looks cruel but I see this is the last step from Putin to escape the sanctions imposed on Russia.
It is totally mandatory but let us see what will happen. The EU and other European countries would have been strategizing what they will do, but I lack any comment about this for now and you may be wrong.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 391
Putin has threatened so called unfriendly states to pay in rubles or have its gas supply shut off. It has said it doesn't buy things for free and so isn't going to charitable with its energy.
Europe has kicked against this with Germany saying its being blackmailed by this move. What other choice does Europe has with Russia alone selling about 40% of energy to the world.
Activity: 2114
Merit: 618
Russia walked this backed: https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/russia-will-not-demand-immediate-switch-gas-payments-roubles-kremlin-2022-03-30/

Their messaging is confusing and their economy is too fragile to further restrict themselves from global commerce, so you can expect something like this to not go through. It sounded like an empty threat from the start and a mere desperate attempt to avoid sanctions. Appears Russia still has India and China open to them for unrestricted trading, but they cannot reasonable expect to cut off trading from the rest of Europe and keep their economy afloat.
I think for the time being they might have stayed away from this decision but eventually as their global commerce becomes normal I think you can expect they will easily implement this rule of paying only in rubles, one reason for that is also because they want to strengthen their currency's value as well which has actually taken a great toll after the recent war scenario, but for now they want to trade despite sanctions so atleast inflow of money isn't stopped altogether.
legendary
Activity: 2828
Merit: 1514
Russia walked this backed: https://www.reuters.com/business/energy/russia-will-not-demand-immediate-switch-gas-payments-roubles-kremlin-2022-03-30/

Their messaging is confusing and their economy is too fragile to further restrict themselves from global commerce, so you can expect something like this to not go through. It sounded like an empty threat from the start and a mere desperate attempt to avoid sanctions. Appears Russia still has India and China open to them for unrestricted trading, but they cannot reasonable expect to cut off trading from the rest of Europe and keep their economy afloat.
Activity: 282
Merit: 107
Europe has kicked against this with Germany saying its being blackmailed by this move. What other choice does Europe has with Russia alone selling about 40% of energy to the world.
Pages:
Jump to: