Pages:
Author

Topic: [Payout Updates] Bitcoinica site is taken offline for security investigation - page 53. (Read 156693 times)

donator
Activity: 544
Merit: 500
I don't know the policy yet on positions.
Then can we conclude from this that claims of people who do not have open positions have priority?
legendary
Activity: 1022
Merit: 1000

About the ETA: the records here are immense. It took me 2 hours to do a handful of people. I calculated that it would take one person 10 days assuming they do 10 hour days - which you don't want to do because you make mistakes. 4 hours a day is the absolute maximum (with another person checking the info).

5% of people are verified so far.

Add 1 minute more to verification by sending an email informing that you have verified the claim will help us to know that we exist.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1076

About the ETA: the records here are immense. It took me 2 hours to do a handful of people. I calculated that it would take one person 10 days assuming they do 10 hour days - which you don't want to do because you make mistakes. 4 hours a day is the absolute maximum (with another person checking the info).

5% of people are verified so far.
Activity: 486
just wondering, do the people who are getting emails have >10k USD worth of bitcoinica goodies? I'm somewhat close to that threshold and no email for me <.<

The sequence is pretty random, based on the information I have.

But clearly they are working very hard to get everyone refunded as soon as possible.

If its random please explain how they are handling open positions etc and ETA on when everyone gets there bitcoins back....
vip
Activity: 490
Merit: 502
just wondering, do the people who are getting emails have >10k USD worth of bitcoinica goodies? I'm somewhat close to that threshold and no email for me <.<

The sequence is pretty random, based on the information I have.

But clearly they are working very hard to get everyone refunded as soon as possible.
donator
Activity: 452
Merit: 252
Activity: 602
Just to confirm: I also got the notification/confirmation mail

> At 11.06.2012 01:28, [email protected] wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We have verified the initial round of Bitcoinica customers and you have
> been deemed eligible for the payout as specified in your claim:

vip
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
no email nothing and i have 2750 BTC there!!  Angry send me my coins please !! this is taking too long its ridiculous
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Bitcoins Gold Silver

No emails no refunds Sad

ridiculous  Angry
Activity: 661
Without knowing they could be paying the biggest people first.

I had less than 300 BTC and $25 cash..

Haven't heard anything yet.

Eastern Time Zone
legendary
Activity: 1022
Another day, another batch of silence.

So... are we to assume that those of us who haven't had emails confirming our claim have been put into the "pending" pile or the "fakes" pile?

I think that if not even received the email to confirm your claim when made​​, the most probably your claim has not been registered or you put any bad field, everyone happened because they do not mark anything in red or something could fail

In that case you would be really fucked, because doing the claim now do not have the same value as the first day
Activity: 868

So... are we to assume that those of us who haven't had emails confirming our claim have been put into the "pending" pile or the "fakes" pile?

It possibly has more to do with the time zone where the claims are being processed than anything else. 
Activity: 504
Merit: 502

Activity: 761
Mine Silent, Mine Deep
For those who got a payout did you get a full refund and did you have a open position? and did you get your funds returned in bitcoins in cash or both depending on what you had with bitcoinica?

I don't think anyone has received their deposits back yet AFAIK. Some people received an email confirming their claim was verified (me included). No more, no less.
legendary
Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001
Patiently waiting, no emails or refunds yet.
Activity: 486
For those who got a payout did you get a full refund and did you have a open position? and did you get your funds returned in bitcoins in cash or both depending on what you had with bitcoinica?
Activity: 431
Merit: 251
No refund yet for me either, but I did get a reply from Patrick to an e-mail I sent to [email protected] asking for some more information.  So at least the gears seem to be turning.
legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311
Nope, nothing for me.  Please sir, may I have my money back?
Activity: 12
Merit: 0
legendary
Activity: 1050
You are WRONG!
That was a response to the claim. (and no, idiots I didn't make a claim to this crew over /email/ All I did was respond "Gox USD plx kthxbai"

It had the Claim ID in it  It was foolishly not GPG signed.

You don't seriously think I would believe ANYTHING that came from bitcoinica.com, do you? That domain has been compromised. I wouldn't have responded if it HAD come from bitcoinica.com. TBH, I would chucked it if it came from hushmail.com - but somehow, riseup didn't raise my hackles.

Phantomcircuit contacted me on IRC immediately after I announced there I'd received this email - that lent serious credibility to the email. I did not ask him if it was legit.

neofutur also has received on of these same emails. He posted in #bitcoinica his email receipt was not questioned there.

The emails do appear to be legit.

EDIT: just so I don't cause confusion: I have received the email, but have not received any actual funds. While I don't actually expect them for a few days, I will belay any real optimism or celebration until that time, should it occur.

I will post here when I do receive the funds.

Sorry, dumb question, but how do you get this IRC thing you guys are always talking about?  I am way out of the loop on this.  Is there like an official bitcoin / bitcoinica chat room or something?

Thanks,
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHHHAAH!!!!

http://webchat.freenode.net/
the channel is #bitcoin
Pages:
Jump to: