Pages:
Author

Topic: People Are Just Too Stupid to Use Bitcoin Right Now - page 21. (Read 13434 times)

Activity: 675
Merit: 254
So far so good
Guys you have to admit that it is not really easy to buy BTC. After that you have to store your BTC's in a wallet and this isn't easy neither.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 756
Bobby Fischer was right
Unfortunately i have to agree in some aspects with OP.
People in general are just very lazy and ignorant. Learning new things comes with much effort.
Bitcoins big chance for mass success is or are big companies. If they introduce
BTC to mass consciousness as stable reliable way of storing goods than we may have a chance
for complete adoption.
Bitcoins are not that hard to use or gather, average Joe will understand (basics) in minutes but
first he have to have some desire to use them.
And second, an easy way of acquiring that knowledge. This is where we, older users have our part to play. 
Advertisement of BTC needs to be done by bigger/wealthier party's. 
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
in order to start using bitcoin now needs a big change from the old familiar fiat to a new technology which is not well known among regular people. also there is always the lack of places to use bitcoin at, for example in that bar you heard this if the bar was accepting bitcoin that would have been a different story!
Activity: 756
Merit: 500
This may or may not be true but this kind of attitude is not something that gets anyone anywhere. The argument should not be the fault of the (potential) users, but rather the product/companies that are trying to push a product that users don't understand.

Exactly, when something new comes to being it surely takes some time to be understood by people around the world, the same case is with bitcoin, though a lot of people have already understood and started using it but it is still a long way to go for bitcoin as the whole world is still unaware of such a technology, and at first when someone just hears about it then they would surely react like that until they don't totally understand the things behind it.
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
This may or may not be true but this kind of attitude is not something that gets anyone anywhere. The argument should not be the fault of the (potential) users, but rather the product/companies that are trying to push a product that users don't understand.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 2965
Terminated.
It's not just that people just don't like change (unless it's the coin kind).
“Society’s understanding of where money comes from is the real challenge.
Well, among other things, yes. Additionally, what I find weird is when people ask me how Bitcoin works exactly (in-depth) when they don't even understand how the monetary system that they're using works at all.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
It's not just that people just don't like change (unless it's the coin kind).  Heck I can't get my Mom away from rotary phones not alone use a new kind of money for things. 

that's normal, people are used to old things and even afraid of new technologies, they used old phone for example for 20 years and they won't go to new phone in days

same with bitcoin, we use fiat for ages now and it will be very, very hard to make people change to bitcoin because it is still new to them
Activity: 702
Merit: 1000
★The Best Adult Video Chat Platform★
It's not just that people just don't like change (unless it's the coin kind).  Heck I can't get my Mom away from rotary phones not alone use a new kind of money for things. 
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
"People are just too stupid to use bitcoin right now,” I overheard someone argue at a bar a few weeks ago as we were discussing the potential of cryptocurrency. “Society’s understanding of where money comes from is the real challenge.

This is the whole article I read at cointelegraph
Pages:
Jump to: