Pages:
Author

Topic: [PHR] Phore - 100% PoS 3.0 - Masternodes - Zerocoin - Governance No ICO/Premine - page 32. (Read 67705 times)

Activity: 173
Merit: 12
I convert PHR into zPHR into the Phore wallet. Is there a way to convert zPHR into PHR again ? I can't find a way to do that.
Thank you !

Send the zPHR to yourself, that should convert it to normal Phore.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Why is price dropping bad news ?
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
I convert PHR into zPHR into the Phore wallet. Is there a way to convert zPHR into PHR again ? I can't find a way to do that.
Thank you !
Activity: 462
Merit: 252
When I look at this : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/phr/#

What does the "Value Out" column mean?

Is that amount of phore in the wallet which found the block?

eg: I have 500 phores, now if I hit a pos block and successfully win some coins, will my staked 500 phores show up on that list as "value out"?

The value out contains all transactions in a block, including generation, fees, and any transaction sent.

Look at this block for example:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/phr/block.dws?134559.htm

The first line shows 6.99 PHR generated (2.69 POS + 4.2 MN).
The second line shows the POS winning pile (829.99 PHR => 832.79 PHR) and the MN winner (4.2 PHR). Note that the value out in the second line shows the input pile + POS reward + MN reward, even though POS and MN rewards went to different addresses.
The third line shows a transaction, I believe 70 PHR were sent and the remaining 243 were returned to a change address, but it might be the other way around, 243 sent, 70 returned, not sure.

Either way, the value out shows 1151, the total of all the above.

For your example, if you had 500 PHR hit the POS reward and there was no other transaction in this block, it should show up as value out 506.99, your 500 + your 2.69 POS reward + the 4.2 MN reward for this block. If there were other transactions as well they would all be added together with your 506.99 for the value out.
Activity: 37
When I look at this : https://chainz.cryptoid.info/phr/#

What does the "Value Out" column mean?

Is that amount of phore in the wallet which found the block?

eg: I have 500 phores, now if I hit a pos block and successfully win some coins, will my staked 500 phores show up on that list as "value out"?

Activity: 55

You can compile a Linux Wallet from the source here: https://github.com/phoreproject/Phore/

I wrote a guide specifically for compiling on the Raspberry Pi, but most of the steps should be similar on other Linux: https://steemit.com/phore/@noxx/6djfe-compiling-the-phore-wallet-on-raspberry-pi

Specifying a different address for MN rewards is called multisend. I can't access my wallet at the moment and I'm not sure how exactly the syntax for this works, but you can open the console in the wallet and type "multisend help" and it should give you some information.

There are also links to the Phore Discord and Telegram channels on the first page of this thread, if you run into problems it is worth asking there Smiley

Thanks for your message.  Wink

Just did a quick look into the help command. Quite interesting you can specify multisend for wallet stake rewards or MN stake rewards.  Smiley

The more I discover about this project, the most excited I get.
The 10k for the masternode are not staking, in fact if they would stake, the masternode would "break", as the 10k collateral would not be intact anymore. You can still stake anything other than the 10k on the masternode address, but some people like to keep the masternode "clean" and send the rewards to some other address or even a different wallet.

You could have the MN running on a Raspberry PI / a different PC / a cloud service and send the rewards to your local PC. Or you are selling the rewards on an exchange. Or some other use-cases I'm not currently thinking of Wink

Yes, understood.  Wink
I have the VPS ready (just waiting to cryptopia for approval...). Would be interesting if wallet could stak on the same server, but no linux version yet I´m afraid, right?
How do you specify another wallet for rewards? When I followed the MN instructions didn´t see a command to specify that.

You can compile a Linux Wallet from the source here: https://github.com/phoreproject/Phore/

I wrote a guide specifically for compiling on the Raspberry Pi, but most of the steps should be similar on other Linux: https://steemit.com/phore/@noxx/6djfe-compiling-the-phore-wallet-on-raspberry-pi

Specifying a different address for MN rewards is called multisend. I can't access my wallet at the moment and I'm not sure how exactly the syntax for this works, but you can open the console in the wallet and type "multisend help" and it should give you some information.

There are also links to the Phore Discord and Telegram channels on the first page of this thread, if you run into problems it is worth asking there Smiley

The 10k for the masternode are not staking, in fact if they would stake, the masternode would "break", as the 10k collateral would not be intact anymore. You can still stake anything other than the 10k on the masternode address, but some people like to keep the masternode "clean" and send the rewards to some other address or even a different wallet.

You could have the MN running on a Raspberry PI / a different PC / a cloud service and send the rewards to your local PC. Or you are selling the rewards on an exchange. Or some other use-cases I'm not currently thinking of Wink

Yes, understood.  Wink
I have the VPS ready (just waiting to cryptopia for approval...). Would be interesting if wallet could stak on the same server, but no linux version yet I´m afraid, right?
How do you specify another wallet for rewards? When I followed the MN instructions didn´t see a command to specify that.

4.2 PHR is the current masternode reward. You can set up a masternode to send the rewards to a different address from where the 10k PHR for the masternode are held, so theoretically you could have a new address with 0 PHR receive 4.2 PHR masternode rewards.

What would be the benefit doing that? As I understood, all your PHR in the wallet are staking, independant from which address they belong, right?

Forgot to say on my previous question, the one I checked with +2.8PHR had 10.500PHR in the account, that´s why it made confuse, as I assumed would be a MN.

Thanks for your answer and clarification  Wink

4.2 PHR is the current masternode reward. You can set up a masternode to send the rewards to a different address from where the 10k PHR for the masternode are held, so theoretically you could have a new address with 0 PHR receive 4.2 PHR masternode rewards.

What would be the benefit doing that? As I understood, all your PHR in the wallet are staking, independant from which address they belong, right?

Forgot to say on my previous question, the one I checked with +2.8PHR had 10.500PHR in the account, that´s why it made confuse, as I assumed would be a MN.

Thanks for your answer and clarification  Wink
Does it make sense to split the coins into multiple adresses?
So if you have 3000 coins to make 6 adresses with 500 coins each? Or 3 adresses with 1000 coins each?
Or is there no difference?

Splitting into multiple addresses makes no sense for staking, but if you enable coin control in the settings, you can see the coin pile sizes. It might make sense to split a huge pile into smaller piles, or combine multiple small ones. Currently, the "ideal" pile size for staking is around 800 PHR:

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/phr/#!extraction

EDIT: might need to copy paste the URL, the ! is throwing off Chrome...

Interesting. Thanks for this link.

Watching to the parameters I saw addresses receiving +4.2PHR with lower coins than the ones who received +2.8PHR. Why is exactly this? Is because +2.8PHR addresses are staking for a longer period?

So if you have 3000 coins to make 6 adresses with 500 coins each? Or 3 adresses with 1000 coins each?

Splitting into multiple addresses makes no sense for staking, but if you enable coin control in the settings, you can see the coin pile sizes. It might make sense to split a huge pile into smaller piles, or combine multiple small ones. Currently, the "ideal" pile size for staking is around 800 PHR:

Interesting. Thanks for this link.

Watching to the parameters I saw addresses receiving +4.2PHR with lower coins than the ones who received +2.8PHR. Why is exactly this? Is because +2.8PHR addresses are staking for a longer period?
Merit: 101

Yeah thats what I meant. Thanks for the info Smiley

I have bought some 200 phore's, now I enabled staking via the conf. file and the staking is active according to the small indicator in low right corner.

Under combined balances my PHR amount is shown correct but there are 0.00 locked phores. I though you would have to lock your coins to be staking. Am I actively staking at this moment with no locked coins?

Can anybody answer this? Would be interested too

When you succesfully stake (i.e. find a POS block), the coin pile that found the POS block gets locked until the stake reward matures (50 blocks).

I have bought some 200 phore's, now I enabled staking via the conf. file and the staking is active according to the small indicator in low right corner.

Under combined balances my PHR amount is shown correct but there are 0.00 locked phores. I though you would have to lock your coins to be staking. Am I actively staking at this moment with no locked coins?

Can anybody answer this? Would be interested too
Activity: 546
"Well dash masternode is 1000 dashcoin, if it was 10x more expensive there probably would be a problems. It's has taken lot of time to dash to get where it is. We can also argue that if dash masternode was 10k from the start it might have died long time ago. Second question is if this coins get to 100$ mark in two months would you keep Phore's masternode or swamp it to dash one? Price would probably be the same? Price point at 200$ you could just buy two dash masternodes. This is the one reason why I'm concern. High masternode price is putting cap into coins market price potential and it would lead low masternode count which could kill privacy coin."

Not really. There is another privacy coin where the MN's are much more expensive.

Now I have a question playing devils advocate here because I really want to get into this coin. The faq mentions phore codebase is based on openbazaar but doesn’t mention pivx. Also the roadmap shows governance and zerocoin as features to be deployed but those are also already in pivx. So as the wallet stands today is anything different than pivx?

Phore and PIVX are two different coins. Phore took a solid foundation, (the PIVX codebase) and is expanding in their own direction.  The similarity stops there imo.  

Check out what they are developing and then ask yourself, do each of those coins have different objectives and end goals?  And imo, the answer is a resounding yes.
Activity: 392
Merit: 11
Now I have a question playing devils advocate here because I really want to get into this coin. The faq mentions phore codebase is based on openbazaar but doesn’t mention pivx. Also the roadmap shows governance and zerocoin as features to be deployed but those are also already in pivx. So as the wallet stands today is anything different than pivx?
Activity: 10

Just checked DMD diamond and that coin doesn't look healthy at all. 24h trade is only 160k which is below 10k coins. So 24h trade is less than one masternode! Seem's like really unstable coin which could be below 1$ tomorrow. Selling masternode would dump the coin down heavily. put that in perspective it would be same as dumping 726854 bitcoins to market. Although with bitcoin there would be actually buyers in the market.

Yes, DMD trade volume is low (which is why the Dev is actually urging people to sell some, which in itself is a pretty strong signal), but my point is DMD is more than four years old and had slow steady growth for most of the time, so quite the opposite of an unstable coin. The Masternode number has also been growing since the introduction of Masternodes, so at least some people seem to be willing to invest quite a lot.

I also disagree that investing in a MN and selling a MN for the same price is the same, if you hold a MN for a long time you know rewards work, are stable etc., and you are also psychologically more invested in the coin, but at the end of the day everyone has their own investment strategy...

Personally I don't see any reason to invest coins like DMD.. low volume which is easy to manipulate. Price that has fixed and would dump if people starts to sell. Probably all the buyers are same people that already have masternode or close to get one or second one. Buying those few extra coins from market etc. There are so many better coins! Example like Phore.

I agree that holdin MN long time would make you psychologically invest. I don't have argue that MN are bad or anything. I think MN's are great and they might be the future of the coins. People are more invest if they have masternodes. Problem is the masternode price. It would break or make the coin. If the price is too cheap it could just lead to the point where 99% of the coins are locked and coin is basically useless. If the price is too high it would lead to price cap and low master node count. I feel that 10k phore is just too expensive and it makes it really hard to get 1b market cap. if we get there, then we have 1 million masternodes. It would be just absurd to think that people would keep them. (unless it takes like 5 years to get there so every masternode have time to generates 2x original amount). Sure you have steady income, but investing a million in this bull market could get you second million in a month! Also you probably wan't to take some of your money out! like buying a house or something.
Pages:
Jump to: