Pages:
Author

Topic: PiMP OS is the fastest and easiest way to mine ALL crypto currencies! - page 22. (Read 82931 times)

Activity: 420
Merit: 250
I overwrote my LTCRabbit-station-usb with PiMP yesterday evening, because it kept bringing the GPU's into standby mode, and it immediately worked since first boot! A few minutes later I changed it to mining Darkcoin at and it surprised me by giving me a higher WU than I have ever been able to tweak from those graphic cards on my Windows computer.

I'll be following you from now.

Thanks for PiMP!  Cool

(yes, I'll donate a few hashes every now and then)
Activity: 599
Merit: 500
Could some on help me out why i cant get PIMP to run on h81 BTC pro board - it work fine when i run without GPU, plug in GPU with usb riser and  the load screen loads, ( select to start pimp or start save mode)   then it start loading to ram , then turn off , - Like i said it work prefect in the same usb and port  without GPU but crash when  plug in the GPU ( Rig work fine with windows miner)
Activity: 264
Merit: 252
alt coins trader/miner.
nice platform will test it soon
Activity: 294
Merit: 100
How do I replace a bamt installation with pimp?
I've plugged in my usb back into my windows machine, but I can't access the drive.
I probably need to wipe it, sd formatter doesn't recognize the usb drive, but  bootice does.

Has anyone got any proper instructions. Or a better method.
Activity: 121
Merit: 10
I cant get pimp to mine GROESTLCOIN.....
Changed profile to GROESTL, but i dont get any hashes....
Activity: 599
sorry to be a noob with linux

but could you please add some link  or in pimp FAQ  how to install different miner

I would love it if you could install the NAN PTS miner  ( also for NRS)
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/na6m711qbca35gy/faSXN2XHZX

I have a ruff idea how to do it with command  and with putty ( after playing with cloud mining and VPS  ) but would rather a simple desktop  icon  to click and start

ps i am willing to offer a small donation if some one could help me .
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Hi!
I'm getting a Segmentation fault when using kernel zuikkis... So miner doesn't start. Any idea?
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
so you grabbed a collection of previously copyrighted open source free programs and copyrighted them again after bundling them ?
let me know how that works out for ya Wink

You do some serious trolling on this board.  I've seen your username frickin 12 times tonight, and not a single time have you added value to any thread.
legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011
FUD Philanthropist™
so you grabbed a collection of previously copyrighted open source free programs and copyrighted them again after bundling them ?
let me know how that works out for ya Wink
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Just a quick question: do I need to setup settings for GPUs (I have r9 280x)? Or are they preconfigured in system and I do not have to do anything about it (things like core, memory, thread concurency, intensity etc.)?

Another one: is this BAMT based? Do I get standard linux desktop / menus to setup IPs? I do not have DHCP, I need to add IP to my rig manually.

Thanks in advance.
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
Does anyone have the default settings scrypt-n?
Activity: 658
you might check out my modded sgminer at https://github.com/badman74/sph-sgminer/tree/algo
it has scrypt, nscrypt, scrypt-jane, darkcoin, qubitcoin, myriadcoin-groestl, quarkcoin, fuguecoin, inkcoin, animecoin, groestlcoin, sifcoin and twecoin
all in one miner.
just check readme.md and /doc/configuration.md for info

Sounds great, I'd like to do this but is there any way you could take me (us) by the hand and tell step by step how to implement this in PIMP, with still being able to use it with all functions including the PoolManager?

really just replace sgminer or sph-sgminer with mine then use --algorithm to set the desired algo and -k for the different scrypt kernels

algo's: scrypt, nscrypt, scrypt-jane, darkcoin, qubitcoin, myriadcoin-groestl, quarkcoin, fuguecoin, inkcoin, animecoin, groestlcoin, sifcoin, twecoin, and maurcoin
scrypt kernels: alexkarnew, alexkarold, ckolivas, psw, zuikkis

and for the cpu coin diff problems, most are fine but if you get low diff shares or the diff seems way too high you can use --difficulty-multiplier to manually set the multiplier
the 3 settings are 256, 1.0, and 0.0039062500 (1/256)
if you get low shares the try 1 or 256
if too large the 1 or 0.0039062500

most of the time you wont need this though

to install to an existing pimp installation

nano sph-sgminer.sh
then put this in the file

Code:
cd /opt/
rm -frv sph-sgminer
git clone git://github.com/badman74/sph-sgminer.git
cd sph-sgminer
cp -av ../ADL-SDK/*.h ADL_SDK
autoreconf -fvi
./configure CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" --enable-opencl --enable-gridseed
make
ctrl+x to close the file and hit y when asked
then chmod +x sph-sgminer.sh
and finally ./sph-sgminer.sh
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
you might check out my modded sgminer at https://github.com/badman74/sph-sgminer/tree/algo
it has scrypt, nscrypt, scrypt-jane, darkcoin, qubitcoin, myriadcoin-groestl, quarkcoin, fuguecoin, inkcoin, animecoin, groestlcoin, sifcoin and twecoin
all in one miner.

Sounds great, I'd like to do this but is there any way you could take me (us) by the hand and tell step by step how to implement this in PIMP, with still being able to use it with all functions including the PoolManager?
Activity: 658
all in one miner.
Activity: 13
I'm using the bee version of SMOS and it's been goin good so far. I connect to the miningrig through my desktop's browser and just change the Cgminer Config through the webinterface.
That's very simple to me, since i just make my configs in a .txt file (windows) and just copy paste to that webinterface. Then press restart and BAM, it's running what i want.
The only thing i'd like to change is to be able to run other things than just scrypt. AND i'd like to keep it simple as it is now. Is this possible with PIMP?
Can i just press a button through the webinterface from my desktop, making the miningrig change it's mining algorithm? or how is this best done the easiest way, from my desktop in windows?
I'm pretty n00b with linux.
Activity: 59
Loving PiMP! I'm a newb and started messing around with BAMT and SMOS, both which had issues. PiMP was just easy. It worked right out of the box and I'm loving it. Thanks for spending so much time on this! Once I get some coins, I'll be sure to send a donation your way!

By the way, the Pool Manager is fantastic. Thanks Lily!  Smiley

Activity: 751
Merit: 251
I really want to try this pIMP, but having problems making the PIMP USB boot.  I write the image (copy the linux terminal command from getpimp.org to write image) so I know I am doing exactly as instructed.  Everything is there and the boot flag is checked but my rigs wont boot on the USB.  I can take the exact same USB and write a BAMT/SMOS/Cryptoslax image and they all boot, but for some reason the PIMP USB will not boot  (tried 8 & 16 GB USB).  I have not seen ANY other comments like this, so I know it is me.  Can someone offer suggestions of what I should check so I can figure this out??  THANKS!!!

Sorry everyone, I was doing this:
sudo dd if=pimp1.3.1beta.img of=/dev/sdb bs=1M

instead of this:
sudo dd if=pimp1.3.1beta.img of=/dev/sdb

I think it was making the boot sector the wrong size.
Activity: 728
Activity: yes
WIFI USB stick is not working.. any advice?
Activity: 751
Merit: 251
I really want to try this pIMP, but having problems making the PIMP USB boot.  I write the image (copy the linux terminal command from getpimp.org to write image) so I know I am doing exactly as instructed.  Everything is there and the boot flag is checked but my rigs wont boot on the USB.  I can take the exact same USB and write a BAMT/SMOS/Cryptoslax image and they all boot, but for some reason the PIMP USB will not boot  (tried 8 & 16 GB USB).  I have not seen ANY other comments like this, so I know it is me.  Can someone offer suggestions of what I should check so I can figure this out??  THANKS!!!
Activity: 6
Have just installed this on 36 rigs and I must say, I am not going back! the simplicity of this os is stunning.

I do get a few issues with cards dropping out after a reboot, but firstboot seems to fix them.
Pages:
Jump to: