Pages:
Author

Topic: PiMP OS is the fastest and easiest way to mine ALL crypto currencies! - page 18. (Read 82931 times)

Activity: 307
Merit: 100
does it automatically configurate algo files or it has to be done by manually and load to pimp. if its automatically it will solve my many issues as a newbie and dont know how to configure cgminer for different algos
Activity: 34
Merit: 0
Thanks,

Here's how I confirmed it.

Get Catalyst (fglrx) version number:

dmesg | grep fglrx | grep module

outputs:
      fglrx: module license 'Proprietary. (C) 2002 - ATI Technologies, Starnberg, GERMANY' taints kernel. 
      fglrx] module loaded - fglrx 14.20.7 [May 22 2014] with 4 minors                                   

Date corresponds with Catalyst 14.6 beta linux version anyway.

Googling "catalyst fglrx 14.20.7" confirms it.
Activity: 130
It is 14.6 for sure, since x11/x13 can get boost with 14.6 only. So don't worry if you get boost in performance (I know I got almost 50% boost).
Activity: 34
Just installed Pimp 1.5.51 AMD 14.6, the beta version zip file on the downloads page.

However, according to the terminal it's not running 14.6 drivers.

Terminal displays: PiMP Version:    pimp1.5.51-amd-14.4

Is there a way to check which drivers are actually loaded?
Activity: 784
Merit: 500
Best mining OS every! Thank you guys Smiley
Activity: 602
Merit: 250
Just curious on how its coming with the nvidia version of PIMP? Smiley There are a lot of us nvidia folks looking for a good linux platform to run on.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1055
I have the question: what is the mode without desktop, when I start PIMP first time? It is mode without Xserver?
I'm asking because my 7790\260X hashrates is to low and unstable on PIMP\BAMT (1000kh vs 1200kh on Windows), and one time it was increase to 1200kh, when i start PIMP at first time without X by SSH command. It was stable and more higher, why? How i can use this mode? Now X is starting immediately.

On 1.5.51 and catalyst 14.6 works well. Everyone GPU is stable and a little less then Windows (-100Kh on X11). Great work, little donated for devs.
Activity: 63
Merit: 10
Hello,
i use Pimp...  first .. im an Nuub :-)

I have some Problems with Pimp and Zeus miner...

I Connect the Miner with the USB.. Pimp found it.
After i change the Config... the Miner doesnd work...:-(

Under Windows i can add the Miner Manually with M+ i know....

How i can do these under Linux Huh

Can Anyone help ??

If you use the terminal and type "sc" (no quotation marks) it'll get you to the miner's terminal window.

Is there any fix for the graphs not working, dev?  Is there anything I could try?
Activity: 1274
Merit: 556
Hi

I'm on PiMP 1.5.4
Tried to install the sgminer5 RC but it only says "command not found"...

Any idea?
Activity: 27
Hello,
i use Pimp...  first .. im an Nuub :-)

I have some Problems with Pimp and Zeus miner...

I Connect the Miner with the USB.. Pimp found it.
After i change the Config... the Miner doesnd work...:-(

Under Windows i can add the Miner Manually with M+ i know....

How i can do these under Linux Huh

http://abload.de/img/10dkcn.jpg

Can Anyone help ??
Activity: 158
I'm planning to try this distro out this weekend and was wondering if I needed to run aticonf to initialize my gpu's?  Also, my rig is a frankenrig, does the default config have any specifics (such as shaders, thread-concurrency, and gpu+mem clock preset (If so I'll hunt it down and edit it on another system before booting)? Looks good, I can't wait to try it.
in what file you put "mine start"??  i'm trying but not work.

I put "mine start" in /etc/X11/Xsession.d and it solved my problems with mining autostart. Haven't been able to resolve some substitution for farmview, but since you say new one will be available in 1 week, I shall wait for that solution. Cheers.
I make new file with txt editor, called for example 100x11-mine_start. Into that file write only plain "mine start" (no "" ofc). make file executabile (chmod 755 "file name"). 100 in name is order for command to run (last one is 99x if you look at folder). That means 100x shall be last to execute. Working so far for me. When you try to remote desktop, you will get screen with white terminal. Write "exit" in terminal and you get remote desktop.
Activity: 339
So... PIMP Great for GPU...

BUT put 2 x G-Blades on to test - they are there in #~ lsub

BUT Seedmanager (cgminer-4.3-gridseed) does not detect them - checkconf /opt/ifmi/blah blah.conf returns "ok" but no go.

Running cgminer --benchmark bombs out...

Can anyone post a working blade conf file for me to play with?

Roll Eyes
PIMP Seedmanager (cgminer-4.3-gridseed) - Gridseed Blade Conf File Anyone?

Have played but to no avail - will not see the devices... miner will not start...

Sad
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
PiMP is Copyrighted - Accept No Imitations" (AKA: You cannot release your own clones of PiMP. This is not GPL License. Don't steal our work, contribute to it instead - Thanks!)

The Free Software Foundation says otherwise.  Nice Linux Distro...hey LINUX is GPL.  And you are including more GPL software you didn't write.  You can't slap a copyright on a bunch of GPL code you didn't develop.  I find your stuff useful, but seriously it's open source, you should play by the open source rules.
Activity: 339
So... PIMP Great for GPU...

BUT put 2 x G-Blades on to test - they are there in #~ lsub

BUT Seedmanager (cgminer-4.3-gridseed) does not detect them - checkconf /opt/ifmi/blah blah.conf returns "ok" but no go.

Running cgminer --benchmark bombs out...

Can anyone post a working blade conf file for me to play with?

Roll Eyes
Activity: 1
in what file you put "mine start"??  i'm trying but not work.

I put "mine start" in /etc/X11/Xsession.d and it solved my problems with mining autostart. Haven't been able to resolve some substitution for farmview, but since you say new one will be available in 1 week, I shall wait for that solution. Cheers.
Activity: 36
how upgrade ati driver to 14.6 version?
Activity: 11
Great work so far. Any chance of adding Blake256?

Yes, coming in the coming point release and will be available via pimpupdate as well Smiley
Activity: 476
I´ve got a picture! Haha!
Great work so far. Any chance of adding Blake256?
Pages:
Jump to: