Pages:
Author

Topic: PiMP OS is the fastest and easiest way to mine ALL crypto currencies! - page 16. (Read 82963 times)

Activity: 439
Merit: 250
So, 290x's...Im assuming the PiMP 1.6 with the 13.12 drivers is the best option? Or am I totally wrong? Should I be going with the 14.6?
Activity: 240
Merit: 100
     Hello! I tried to convert the image of getpimp 1.6 - 1.7 with these utility by VirtualBox  
cd c:\Program Files/Oracle/VirtualBox/    
                         then    
VBoxManage.exe convertdd "filepath\NameOfIMGFile.img" "filepath\NameOfTheVirtualMachine.vdi  

then I copied and installed as Hdd for the virtual machine, and the system started in the VirtualBox  ...
     The only thing that I can not start the miner cgminer4.3.5 (I also tried, with BfgMiner and not even this part)
Should I reinstall the cgminer 4.3.5 to make it go with a GBlade GredSeed 80chip. ? How do reinstall (re-compiling)?

PS:
       After many tests I have concluded that the miner is installed and working.
What is wrong is the seedstatus.pl it seems to me that it fails to give the command of the start  cgminer4.3.5. In fact by giving the command in the ssh:
/opt/cgminer-4.3-gridseed/cgminer -c /opt/ifmi/cgminer.asic.ltc.conf

cgminer start up and mine regularly. So now runs even without modification in virtualbox, remain, these minor adjustments.

Using the command (very useful) for updates  
sudo /opt/pimp/pimpupdate                or simply in SSH:     pimpupdate    
I could recharge SeedManager from git, and in this way making update, everything was resolved.

Thanks to everyone.

Activity: 128
Merit: 5
Hey everyone, in addition to the #PiMP IRC Chat, we also have a wealth of troubleshooting help at our http://wiki.getpimp.org help center. This is compiled mostly by us but allows for anyone to contribute. Since you may ask in the IRC channel when it's a little slow (we do have families and day jobs and stuff) please also utilize these resources to help narrow down what might be causing your problems. Remember, linux enumerates PCI slots much different than windows, and the AMD catalyst drivers in linux leave much to be desired. There are a lot of people that help one another in the channel, but you have to ask and stick around until someone may see you and respond. It breaks my heart to see a question asked that I could potentially help with, and by the time I see it the person is gone. Also, as you can tell, we have not had much extra time to field questions in the forums. Seeing as how we are doing this out of the kindness of our hearts (the donation level has been less than the costs of our hosting and much much less than the time we spend developing) we are quite busy working and paying our bills.. Smiley   We love our PiMP community, we do our very best to help you, and we thank you for your continued support. It is still us three musketeers: sling00, lily, and myself. We are still developing miner.farm agents and clients, we are still working on PiMP 2.0!!!! and we are still helping you stay profitable by adding and testing the latest miners and algorithms. I don't think anyone else is doing that. So keep mining and stay tuned for awesome announcements to come in 2015, friends!!!
Activity: 94
Merit: 10
I have a strange problem with one of my rigs which won't start mining. PiMP loads fine, and all the gpus are showing ok. I'm used to it auto-starting on one of the default donation .confs on the first boot. This one doesn't, and it won't allow me to manually start any of the default profiles either.

I should add that this rig runs ok with a hdd running win8 plugged in (I only want to swap to PiMP because windows mining is too power hungry), so I don't think there's anything wrong with the hardware. With the exception of the mobo, it's identical to another rig that I have that runs PiMP very well. Both rigs have 5 r9 290s. The one that works is on a gigabyte mobo, the problem one is on an AS Rock 970 Extreme4.

Suggestions?
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
Activity: 42
Is there a way I can overwrite my BAMT usb stick to have PIMP instead? Id really rather not buy a new one and save 10 bucks!

just format it and burn the PiMP image to it.
Activity: 38
Is there a way I can overwrite my BAMT usb stick to have PIMP instead? Id really rather not buy a new one and save 10 bucks!
Activity: 82
i already put. i did it. give me 280x-6300, 290-8100, 290x- 8800,7950-5300
i use them config. is this hash ok or can more. Do you have some bin and for x13.

I ve send drk to you. it is not many but with plesar.
Good job.Thanks
p.s if you have some example config  Wink Smiley
Activity: 306
Merit: 250
Cryptobulgarian ninja
I am having this issue and I cant figure out why. I am downloading the image from the website and then using Win32disk to make my USB. I have tried 2 USB drives and a portable USB HDD. Gives me the error no matter what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

After put root pass "live", just type fsck then /Y and hit Enter...waiting...a while then restart or just press Ctrl-D It works too..
Probably you are running ASUS, so every time you make a fresh copy, you need to make this.For me this is easiest/fastest way.. Smiley
Activity: 82
Activity: 245
Merit: 256
2Melupira89:
You have broken FileSystem at flash.
Check md5 of used img. And if it is fine, rewrite it to flash again. If not - re-downloading img.

Hey, guys!
What is about PXE version?
And Why rootfs is RW? I going to do RO, the lifetime of flash is being increased. I use aufs at ubuntu.

By the way, thanks to pimp team, the very nice distro.
I am already at community ; )
Activity: 403
Merit: 252
BIM BUM...... SCAM!!!
This mean broken FS at flash.
Redownload img and check its md5sum.
But it took a much time, the speed is 16kB/s.

excuse me if I say inaccuracies ..... do you mean by FS? are still inexperienced, type md5sum that means?

I have downloaded all files img all kinds of OS pimp, with all types of drivers, are willing to try them all, just that I can start it, I'm getting nervous because it worked fine until last week now seems an ordeal

Activity: 245
Merit: 256
This mean broken FS at flash.
Redownload img and check its md5sum.
But it took a much time, the speed is 16kB/s.
Activity: 403
Merit: 252
BIM BUM...... SCAM!!!
Hello everyone, I apologize in advance for my English Googled, I have a problem with the installation of any version of pimp, I used bamt and I had had a great time with this PIMP, then I wanted to upgrade my version 1.5.6. with that before 1.7.0 and 1.6.0. and then gives me this when I start the rig :

GRUB loading
Welcome to GRUB

error:unknown filesystem
entering rescue mode...
grub rescue

is a driver issue? Thank you for your attention
legendary
Activity: 1551
Merit: 1002
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
I used:
linux binary don't work  Huh

linux build

Code:
sudo apt-get install libssl-dev libdb-dev libdb++-dev make cmake automake libboost-all-dev build-essential git libcurl4-openssl-dev pkg-config libtool libncurses5-dev

git clone https://bitbucket.org/1coin/1coin-sgminer3s/src.git sgminer3s
cd sgminer3s
autoreconf -i
CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall -march=native" ./configure
make
Add sgminer3s to poolmanager and create a new sgminer3.conf
legendary
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
Activity: 247
Merit: 100
O__o
Thank you very much for PiMP ! Excellent work !
Activity: 4
How can I change desktop resolution to 1280x1024?
legendary
♠ ♥ ♣ ♦ < ♛♚&#
I am having this issue and I cant figure out why. I am downloading the image from the website and then using Win32disk to make my USB. I have tried 2 USB drives and a portable USB HDD. Gives me the error no matter what. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[IMG]http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l309/yginesta/image1_zps624cf3d6.jpg[img]
Could you try another linux distribution to verify that your computer allows compatible?
Activity: 22

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l309/yginesta/image1_zps624cf3d6.jpg
Pages:
Jump to: