Pages:
Author

Topic: Please dont let bitcoinstore fail, your action is needed just about now. - page 8. (Read 24195 times)

legendary
Activity: 1500
Merit: 1021
I advocate the Zeitgeist Movement & Venus Project.
I'll buy some stuff if anyone wants to give me some coin for the cause. I'm bitbroke.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
I am not capable of building a website that could compete or even compare to Amazon and I don't have your kind of money to have others do it for me. I am aware of that though and would not even try. If your goal really is as intended (built to fail/show amazon etc) then that is commendable but you should have handled it much better because this genuinely screams incompetent. I have some experience with Magento though if you give me an idea of what you need done I can try to help for some BTC as I have a need for them for my own little business I'm trying to start (the supplier I'm going to buy from is giving accepting BTC a try and I want to strike while it's hot/before they change their mind). I work with it every day (but not only it I just work for a very large webhost and lots of our customers use it).

I am not really a developer in the sense that I develop for a living but I do full support/administration of linux/windows (Don't like windows though) servers for a living. This includes assisting with and troubleshooting/modifying things like drupal, joomla, magento, wordpress, whmcs, zencart etc. If you need a developer/admin type role filled I can likely be of assistance.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
I am just pointing out how incredibly poorly/stupidly this project has been handled.

If you don't like my website,  rather than bashing it,  go out and make something better!
Please!
I think you're just misinterpreting the tone of my posts. I have taken an academic and somewhat financial interest in bitcoins and the community and this is a discussion board so I am discussing. If anything I find the idea of securing a price deal based on volume of sales when you don't even have a functional store or any idea what your market is going to end up being hilariously incompetent. Are you familiar with the concept of cargo cults? That is exactly what this is:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult

None of the work or research is done to see why/how places like Amazon/Newegg were successful (unlike the who knows how many ones that flopped in a similar fashion to this one) and just kind of going through the motions of the parts of the process they can see and assuming everything else will just happen.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Why would I be mad? I am just pointing out how incredibly poorly/stupidly this project has been handled.

Because not only do you care, but foaming at the mouth hard to read your posts care.  Or maybe you're just trolling?
Why would I be mad? I am just pointing out how incredibly poorly/stupidly this project has been handled.
Would have made too much sense to build the site and then start talking with suppliers about deals and rates I guess. It's nobody's fault but your own. "I had to make the goal for Q1 to keep the prices so I launched before it was ready" is not a valid excuse when you should have never been talking to suppliers in the first place without a functional system for your customers to use. Nobody with any sense should be going out of their way to support what is essentially an Amazon cargo cult.

You seem to be more mad than the situation warrants.  People go out of their way to support things they believe in all the time.  From buying local and organic produce to registering on some web forum about a digital currency.  While you are correct that things should of been more polished website you can't really get super mad at them for trying and mad at people who are trying to actively support people who are supporting BTC.

I'd be willing to pay a slightly higher cost on items if I was allowed to pay in BTC, it just so happens that thus far everything I've needed from the bitcoinstore has been cheaper than anywhere else.

That would be a better comparison if the local/organic produce was stored in a landfill and all just piled up and it was up to me to manually sort through all the literal shit in order to find my dozen oranges and the produce "store" owner was all "Well I got a really good price on the fruit and veggies so I had to hurry up and make a store for them and this is the best I could do on such short notice" and then told me that in order to improve the situation at the store and lower the amount of fecal matter mixed in with my selection of randomly piled fruit/veggies that I had to spend 3.2million dollars a year on his products.

Yea, you mad.
Would have made too much sense to build the site and then start talking with suppliers about deals and rates I guess. It's nobody's fault but your own. "I had to make the goal for Q1 to keep the prices so I launched before it was ready" is not a valid excuse when you should have never been talking to suppliers in the first place without a functional system for your customers to use. Nobody with any sense should be going out of their way to support what is essentially an Amazon cargo cult.

You seem to be more mad than the situation warrants.  People go out of their way to support things they believe in all the time.  From buying local and organic produce to registering on some web forum about a digital currency.  While you are correct that things should of been more polished website you can't really get super mad at them for trying and mad at people who are trying to actively support people who are supporting BTC.

I'd be willing to pay a slightly higher cost on items if I was allowed to pay in BTC, it just so happens that thus far everything I've needed from the bitcoinstore has been cheaper than anywhere else.

That would be a better comparison if the local/organic produce was stored in a landfill and all just piled up and it was up to me to manually sort through all the literal shit in order to find my dozen oranges and the produce "store" owner was all "Well I got a really good price on the fruit and veggies so I had to hurry up and make a store for them and this is the best I could do on such short notice" and then told me that in order to improve the situation at the store and lower the amount of fecal matter mixed in with my selection of randomly piled fruit/veggies that I had to spend 3.2million dollars a year on his products.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

haha like me you dont wanna spend bitcoin wanna hold bitcoin because value of bitcoin go up only spending is no good idea  only if you wanna regret later you sold bitcoin

legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
some more research, then i'm probably gonna buy a label printer and some usb sticks.
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002

Shit dude. How dare you, coming here and starting to say things that make sense?
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
i rather hold my bitcoins it will rise in value  Grin
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
As it happened, I had the need for a new HW product, so I made an order with BitcoinStore today.

I have no idea how it will work out with DOA and warranty issues, so hopefully there will be no issues!
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Not sure if the primary market is the US or also Europe, if the latter, then knowing what happends in cases of DOA and warranty/repair cases would be interesting, who pays and so on. If the consumer has to pay, then the consumer will rather buy locally.
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
i'm not buying because simply, I don't *need* anything right now.
would love some amazon shoppin' for BTC, tho.
donator
Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008
My experience is that everytime I looked at the selection I was discusted with overpriced stuff,  They won't be able to convince people their store is cheap if the first thing that show up in laptop are WYSE at ~700$  (wyse are used only in businesses)

The harddrive section has at the very top, HP 146GB drive for 340$ (SSD ANYONE Huh)

To sum up, While the selection and price is good, the store is literally flooded with item with a very poor quality/price ratio

Description and near non-exitent for most items, http://bitcoinstore.com/brother-webcam-usb-2-0.html (no picture, no model ?)
When clicking the Webcam section, I want to see microsoft Studio and logitech C920  at the top otherwise sort by cheapest to show noname crap.
http://bitcoinstore.com/microsoft-lifecam-5wh-00002-webcam-usb-2-0.html Huh I can't even tell if it's Lifecam studio or cinema, only meaniful detail is not "1080p ect" it's "CMOS sensor" Huh, why even bother.

There is a lot of improvement to be made, I hope they set-up something so we get more meaningful descriptions soon.
legendary
Activity: 3472
Merit: 1721
I do know that the dollar amount on the front page for their goal hasn't changed since Friday morning.  I find it hard to believe no one has bought anything since then Tongue

Look here.
I do know that the dollar amount on the front page for their goal hasn't changed since Friday morning.  I find it hard to believe no one has bought anything since then Tongue

That said, I did buy a wireless headset from them a few days ago and should get here on Monday.  I've bought a handful of other things from them over the last few months and have always been happy.  I really do hope they succeed!  I would buy more, but there honestly isn't anything I need/want right now Sad
Pages:
Jump to: