Pages:
Author

Topic: Please dont let bitcoinstore fail, your action is needed just about now. - page 3. (Read 24195 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
and you don't have to but none of this has anything to do with convenience.

Difference of definition.  I'd consider it hell of inconvenient if my personal info got leaked, hacked, captured some how.
Well it's plain paranoia if you think amazon storing your credit card info when you tell them to not. and you do have to store it for one click ordering but I meant typing it in and instantly being done with the transaction is still more convenient than bitcoin.

Not to mention the framing of your definition is so far disconnected from the process itself that you clearly just using anything you can to justify this notion that bitcoin is more convenient in any way.

If you can't debunk my argument, don't just revert back to something you said previously.  Or just don't respond to me at all. 

I will let all the victims of identity theft know that their plight was simply an act of their own paranoia :/
Someone got hit by a car once so I'm going to walk everywhere I go because assuming I will die if I get into a car is not just me being paranoid. You give your statements too much credit if you think there is anything to debunk. your view of yourself is heavily skewed against the reality.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Difference of definition.  I'd consider it hell of inconvenient if my personal info got leaked, hacked, captured some how.
Well it's plain paranoia if you think amazon storing your credit card info when you tell them to not. and you do have to store it for one click ordering but I meant typing it in and instantly being done with the transaction is still more convenient than bitcoin.

Not to mention the framing of your definition is so far disconnected from the process itself that you clearly just using anything you can to justify this notion that bitcoin is more convenient in any way.

If you can't debunk my argument, don't just revert back to something you said previously.  Or just don't respond to me at all. 

I will let all the victims of identity theft know that their plight was simply an act of their own paranoia :/

Difference of definition.  I'd consider it hell of inconvenient if my personal info got leaked, hacked, captured some how.
Well you don't have to store the info if you don't want to and even then it's still more convenient than bitcoin and I don't think I'm a troll. I am saying realistic things that make sense and pointing out how much a nonsensical and nearly incomprehensible shill you are.

I'm pretty sure you do have to have it on store for one click to work? I don't use it enough, but I could be wrong.  

To me, the ease of using bitcoin is in the ability to control my information.  I don't want to type my credit card number in anywhere, even if the site claims they don't store it.  
Well you don't have to store the info if you don't want to and even then it's still more convenient than bitcoin and I don't think I'm a troll. I am saying realistic things that make sense and pointing out how much a nonsensical and nearly incomprehensible shill you are.

I'm pretty sure you do have to have it on store for one click to work? I don't use it enough, but I could be wrong.  

To me, the ease of using bitcoin is in the ability to control my information.  I don't want to type my credit card number in anywhere, even if the site claims they don't store it.  

The reason I say troll is because you obviously don't care for or care to understand what's interesting about bitcoin, yet you continue to post.  Like, if I went to a My Little Pony fan forum and just argued with everyone there, I'm pretty sure I'd be a troll.
Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Some update on my shipment from bitcoinstore.

Ordered: 11.03-2013
Shipped: 13.03-2013
Received: 22.03-2013

Total days since order:  11
Total days since shipment: 9

I guess it's shipped by ship. I'm content with this delivery speed. Have yet to unpack and test the hw, that's an exercise left for the weekend. Glad to contribute to the growth of bitcoin businesses!
Well you don't have to store the info if you don't want to and even then it's still more convenient than bitcoin and I don't think I'm a troll at all.
Isn't it astounding how someone can get 200 posts or so on the forum and still have no clue how bitcoin works?
Yea I've had so many issues with Amazon stealing my money. Besides how ridiculous you the sound the question was how is BTC more convenient not "what stupid paranoid issues does it resolve for your insane outlook on the world". None of these "features" make things more convenient. You are a shill and actually harmful to the progression of bitcoin.

edit: and your answers like "bitcoin debit card" are just going through the motions of centralizing things. Watching you guys over the last few years is like watching people experience the entire history of economic development in fast forward.

If given the option of someone having my credit card info and not, I choose not. Simple.  No, I haven't had a problem with Amazon specifically but there are a lot of problems with people having issues with identity theft online.  I hope no one needs to educate you on this issue.  I bet there were a lot of people a few years back who would have said, "I've never had a problem with Sony losing my credit card info". Whoops.

I thought my "but I dunno" made it clear that I'm not really into the idea for more or less why you said.  There could be a good reason for one, but I'm not really convinced.

None the less, it's funny that you think you're a good troll.  What compels you to spend so much time and effort here if are just gonna sperg and naysay without trying to comprehend anything?
The naysayers in this thread are kinda funny.  Making sort of a "It's not a feature, it's a bug!" argument.  We assure you, they are features.  The fact that it's not as easy as Amazon one click is, to me, a benefit.  I don't WANT my credit card info stored by someone else. I don't WANT a store to have the ability to just suck money out of my account.  With BTC any transaction is controlled by me,

Though I don't see any crypto being directly used a lot in brick and mortar restaurants and such.  I'm not one who thinks that the USD will some day just vanish and the whole world will use nothing but btc.  It would be possible to have service providers create a "btc debit card" that would fullfil that instantaneous need, but I dunno.

Hm... FUD ? Astroturfing ? Man - come on - what're you on ?

A zero confirmation acceptance is in most cases perfectly okay. This goes instantly. If you'd like to buy a car or a house, I'm sure you could sit down for an hour and have a chat though..

Isn't it astounding how someone can get 200 posts or so on the forum and still have no clue how bitcoin works?
Yea I've had so many issues with Amazon stealing my money. Besides how ridiculous you sound the question was how is BTC more convenient not "what stupid paranoid issues does it resolve for your insane outlook on the world". None of these "features" make things more convenient. You are a shill and actually harmful to the progression of bitcoin.

edit: and your answers like "bitcoin debit card" are just going through the motions of centralizing things. Watching you guys over the last few years is like watching people experience the entire history of economic development in fast forward.
$1400 for a stock standard AMD processor...I think the shop is setting their prices by BTC and letting the $$$ figure float with hte exchange rate..it should be otherway around..set the price in $$$ and float the BTC according to exchange rate

I do know that there have been items on there that are actually bulk buys but aren't listed as such.  Not sure if this is one.  The search/categorization on the site still has a long ways to go.  There have been times I've looked for an item and couldn't even tell if they had it or not because it came back with 1000+ items :/
Activity: 810
shipping ..HOLY CRAP! US$75 to ship a hard drive from US to Australia

SHould be $10...this store wont fly if the quoting for shipping is not fixed

Plus

$1400 for a stock standard AMD processor...I think the shop is setting their prices by BTC and letting the $$$ figure float with hte exchange rate..it should be otherway around..set the price in $$$ and float the BTC according to exchange rate
Activity: 810
checking it out...and never heard of them before but if they are selling decent stuff at reasonable prices for BTC than I have a new best store  Smiley
The naysayers in this thread are kinda funny.  Making sort of a "It's not a feature, it's a bug!" argument.  We assure you, they are features.  The fact that it's not as easy as Amazon one click is, to me, a benefit.  I don't WANT my credit card info stored by someone else. I don't WANT a store to have the ability to just suck money out of my account.  With BTC any transaction is controlled by me,

Though I don't see any crypto being directly used a lot in brick and mortar restaurants and such.  I'm not one who thinks that the USD will some day just vanish and the whole world will use nothing but btc.  It would be possible to have service providers create a "btc debit card" that would fullfil that instantaneous need, but I dunno.

A zero confirmation acceptance is in most cases perfectly okay. This goes instantly. If you'd like to buy a car or a house, I'm sure you could sit down for an hour and have a chat though..

one reason being that they are so dang convenient for transactions in so many ways.
This is the kind of thing that gets me all hot and bothered. How are they convenient exactly? From a consumer side I can't see how this is easier than one click ordering on amazon and being done with my transaction and it being verified in 10 seconds and also having the option to charge back the payment should something not be on the up and up with the transaction?

BTC is the most inconvenient way to pay I have ever seen and used..  Waiting more than a few seconds to be 100% sure you have the funds is a JOKE.  6 confirms is like an hour give or take an unknown amount of time if you didn't pay the fee.. Letting a website have all your BTC so you can pay faster is for morons and many lost it all with zero recourse.. Call the cops and tell them your WOW gold was stolen see what they say.. BTC is no different.

Advancemet in BTC have changed the below scenarios speed but no one here seems to think like Joe Public.
Joe Public in the USA works paycheck to paycheck has basically zero savings and is 1 or 2 paychecks from $0.00, and is no longer in school or sucking off parents teat.. I know I work with them every day and its a sad sight to see so many hard working people on the edge while piece of shit illegals from any country get free healthcare and..... woah off track there.........

EX.......
Customer says after dinner "Can I pay in bitcoins?"

Business owner says "Sure have a seat over there I will let you know if your paid in an hour or two.. It just depends on the network you know, oh and you need to move. The table is needed for other customers."

Every other customer in the place (but 1 or 2 computer programmers/techs) says" WTF is a bitcoin? " They all pay with cash or CC and leave immediately after and wonder what kind of idiots would sit around waiting for a payment to post and then clear.

Business owners says nothing and why???- meza grill is gone out of business there is no owner anymore it appears. BTC sure helped them even with all the folks here who could stop in going there to eat. All I ever heard was how tasty their food WAS..

Activity: 285
Merit: 250
one reason being that they are so dang convenient for transactions in so many ways.
This is the kind of thing that gets me all hot and bothered. How are they convenient exactly? From a consumer side I can't see how this is easier than one click ordering on amazon and being done with my transaction and it being verified in 10 seconds and also having the option to charge back the payment should something not be on the up and up with the transaction?

BTC is the most inconvenient way to pay I have ever seen and used..  Waiting more than a few seconds to be 100% sure you have the funds is a JOKE.  6 confirms is like an hour give or take an unknown amount of time if you didn't pay the fee.. Letting a website have all your BTC so you can pay faster is for morons and many lost it all with zero recourse.. Call the cops and tell them your WOW gold was stolen see what they say.. BTC is no different.

Advancemet in BTC have changed the below scenarios speed but no one here seems to think like Joe Public.
Joe Public in the USA works paycheck to paycheck has basically zero savings and is 1 or 2 paychecks from $0.00, and is no longer in school or sucking off parents teat.. I know I work with them every day and its a sad sight to see so many hard working people on the edge while piece of shit illegals from any country get free healthcare and..... woah off track there.........

EX.......
Customer says after dinner "Can I pay in bitcoins?"

Business owner says "Sure have a seat over there I will let you know if your paid in an hour or two.. It just depends on the network you know, oh and you need to move. The table is needed for other customers."

Every other customer in the place (but 1 or 2 computer programmers/techs) says" WTF is a bitcoin? " They all pay with cash or CC and leave immediately after and wonder what kind of idiots would sit around waiting for a payment to post and then clear.

Business owners says nothing and why???- meza grill is gone out of business there is no owner anymore it appears. BTC sure helped them even with all the folks here who could stop in going there to eat. All I ever heard was how tasty their food WAS..
donator
Activity: 162
I really wanted to like bitcoinstore.com, but anything I was interested in was more expensive than newegg/amazon. I want to support Bitcoin, but I'm not going to pay a premium to do so. Especially considering the 850k of revenue needed is only to maintain the current prices from my understanding.

What items were you unhappy about pricewise ?

I was looking for a surge protector, here's an example of one I looked at:
https://www.bitcoinstore.com/tripp-lite-av86g-eco-surge-energy-saving-surge-suppressor.html ($33.46)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0084PKC6K/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller= ($29.24)

I was also looking at 7970s:
https://www.bitcoinstore.com/visiontek-radeon-hd-7970-graphic-card-3-gb-gddr5-sdram-pci-express-3-0-x16.html ($451.13)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006V6RHVM/ref=olp_product_details?ie=UTF8&me=&seller=  ($429.99)

Another thing that makes it very difficult to shop at bitcoinstore.com is products like this:
https://www.bitcoinstore.com/panasonic-microwave-oven-2-2-cf.html

There is no information about what model that is, so I can't even compare to other sites to see if they have a better price or not.
I really wanted to like bitcoinstore.com, but anything I was interested in was more expensive than newegg/amazon. I want to support Bitcoin, but I'm not going to pay a premium to do so. Especially considering the 850k of revenue needed is only to maintain the current prices from my understanding.

What items were you unhappy about pricewise ?
donator
Activity: 162
Pages:
Jump to: