Pages:
Author

Topic: Please dont let bitcoinstore fail, your action is needed just about now. - page 4. (Read 24195 times)

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000
Just got a note in the snail mail saying that my gear from bitcoinstore is ready to be picked up from the fetching point. And the local govt has applied it's taxes as well. LOL.

What were you expecting?

Of course that they'd not only offer me a discount, but even giving me some extra money because I supported bitcoinstore, of course!  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1002
Just got a note in the snail mail saying that my gear from bitcoinstore is ready to be picked up from the fetching point. And the local govt has applied it's taxes as well. LOL.

What were you expecting?
Activity: 868
legendary
Activity: 2058
Merit: 1005
this space intentionally left blank
too bad i wasnt able to buy a nice samsung phone or something similar, would've had my traffic for sure.
Activity: 784
I'm sure I can find something I need.

If internet tax starts happening, you might want to move to deep web.  You could be the SR for goods that aren't illegal.  Be that person early.
vip
Activity: 1052
Merit: 1155
No markup? Yea right.

It sure sounds like you are calling me a liar.
I assure you that every item on the website is listed at the exact cost from the vendor.

nobody involved with bitcoin is actually interested in or cares about furthering bitcoin for any reason other than their own personal gain so bitcoin to this day hasn't had anyone really go to bat for it.

I promise you that my primary motivation for my involvement with Bitcoin is philosophical and not financial.
legendary
Activity: 1820
I find it quite funny that just after the great mccorvic-Mosper debate there comes several other posters to provide evidence to the case.

Dargo, jubalix, Spaceman_Spiff all pondering the issue of bitcoin increasing value and adjusting their behaviour with the purpose of not losing bitcoins in this situation.

I am fully confident they are all just trolling and saying stuff they don't really mean.

I'm not familiar with this debate either, and meant what I said. I plan to buy small ticket items with my coins in the near future but want to save most of them because I think they will appreciate in value quite a lot. Rather than take profits by buying fiat, my plan is to buy things I need, and I will buy bigger ticket items as my buying power increases. So I plan to save more than spend for the most part, but isn't that just what a deflationary currency tends to encourage? I think the bitcoin economy will still be vigorous with many trying to save their coins, one reason being that they are so dang convenient for transactions in so many ways. I want to support bitcoinstore, so much so that I've been scouring the store trying to find something I need. They don't really have anything I need, but I'm thinking now in terms of gifts for others, and that might work.       
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
Doesn't make any sense either way. If I have 5 bitcoins worth $50 and spend them and buy more for/worth $5 to replace them I have still lost the value of the ones I spent every time the price goes up. "You know you can replace them" is nonsensical as all hell.
legendary
Activity: 2618
Merit: 1022
The http://bitcoinstore.com/ front page's counter puts them at 12% of the needed goal of 850k in sales during the first quarter, the goal is needed to keep them at their current pricing. It is by far the most ambitious push for bitcoins mainstream acceptance we have so far seen. I myself have bought 364$ worth of sdd hardrives. Recieved them and am pleased with how everything went. Im browsing to find something more I could use as we speak, but I can only do so mch. If you care about bitcoin, have some and need any electronics now is the time to act. The counter currently stands at 110,964 / 850,000$. They are beating all or nearly all their competitors in prices, simply because their profit margin stands at what normally goes to creditcard companies.

Seeing the counter as low as it is makes me sort of feel ashamed for this community. We really can and most certainly should do better.

[disclamer: the poster is in no way more affiliated with bitcoinstore than being a customer, who cares deeply about their venture succeeding.]

The time to act is now.

deeply concerned

- Isokivi

People are not about to start spending btc when it is going up like this...! or until it stabilizes

I am not telling anything new here, but you realize you can just buy extra bitcoins when you spend them, right?

yes, and add the extra percentage that costs of buying more bitcoins and the fact that the price can move so quickly that I may have lost 10% more and the big fact that there is a 3000+ que long at mtgox, and it takes a while to get your money deposited there
I am in another country, so to buy a bit coint has a 10% markup to its market value.

if i was in the uq with pingit maybe

You miss that it is a global currecny, and alot of players are outside the USA
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Been spending all day actually. Very happy with the service at bitcoinstore.
Activity: 910
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
People are not about to start spending btc when it is going up like this...! or until it stabilizes
Welcome to the bubble.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪
I find it quite funny that just after the great mccorvic-Mosper debate there comes several other posters to provide evidence to the case.

Dargo, jubalix, Spaceman_Spiff all pondering the issue of bitcoin increasing value and adjusting their behaviour with the purpose of not losing bitcoins in this situation.

I am fully confident they are all just trolling and saying stuff they don't really mean.

Actually, I only read the last comment before replying.  I missed The Great M-M Debate of '13.  I totally meant what I said.

That being said, its possible that some people will think: I won't spend my bitcoins, they will be worth more in the future. But unless converting fiat to bitcoin and buying stuff with bitcoin subsequently is more expensive than buying it with fiat (thus, in absence of a better price with bitcoins), they are acting stupidly.  More experience in dealing with bitcoins will generally diminish stupid behavior (somewhat).
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Not that I want to be the one to pee in your Cheerios, but you do realize that a lot of people think paying 400% for a TV at a Rent-A-Center is a good deal because it's the only way they can fit a 60" Samsung into their budget without a line of credit. The average Joe Schmoe is just fine paying 150% for a PC upgrade at Best Buy because they don't even know NewEgg exists, let alone how to swap a hard drive or a video card.

I think you're really overestimating the average user.

As the prophet George Carlin once said, "Think of somebody you know that you would consider to be of average intelligence. If that's average, then realize that half the people in America are dumber than that."

Well, I was taking the argument in context of potential bitcoinstore customers and not the world population in general.  Yes, people are unbelievably dumb and I know for a fact that many Americans can't tell the difference between a web browser and a rock.

What's funny is that I don't even necessarily disagree with his conclusion, just the way he was going about trying to argue it.
Activity: 209
Merit: 101
FUTURE OF CRYPTO IS HERE!

Activity: 56
Merit: 0
You are assuming people aren't smart enough to convert USD to BTC.  If I need to buy a computer and can save 10% value by buying from bitcoinstore with BTC over USD at amazon, I'll just buy some BTC with USD and then make the purchase.  I haven't bought a computer, but I have done this exact thing for other items from a variety of bitcoin stores.
Not that I want to be the one to pee in your Cheerios, but you do realize that a lot of people think paying 400% for a TV at a Rent-A-Center is a good deal because it's the only way they can fit a 60" Samsung into their budget without a line of credit. The average Joe Schmoe is just fine paying 150% for a PC upgrade at Best Buy because they don't even know NewEgg exists, let alone how to swap a hard drive or a video card.

I think you're really overestimating the average user.

As the prophet George Carlin once said, "Think of somebody you know that you would consider to be of average intelligence. If that's average, then realize that half the people in America are dumber than that."
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
Those aren't necessarily going to offset nice and equal like that. It isn't even likely that the number of sales lost, due to value people are holding out for, will match up the value BTC actually lands at.

You have a couple things in your argument here:
1. You're working from the assumption that bitcoinstore is losing sales from customers not wanting to spend money due to "deflation".  Unless I missed it, you haven't provided any evidence of this outside of just saying that's the case.  It might seem right in your gut, but you are making the claim and thus need to provide some shred of evidence.  And no, you can't base your argument on pure speculation alone because that's not an argument.

2.  You are assuming people aren't smart enough to convert USD to BTC.  If I need to buy a computer and can save 10% value by buying from bitcoinstore with BTC over USD at amazon, I'll just buy some BTC with USD and then make the purchase.  I haven't bought a computer, but I have done this exact thing for other items from a variety of bitcoin stores. 

Well said. 
Activity: 359
Merit: 250
I have only read a quarter of the posts in this thread but that is enough for me to jump on the wagon, so therefore:

If I don't see hamburgers and beers being worth 10k of Euros in Bitcoin being sold at ROOM77 in Berlin in april I will shut the fucking place down.

And it is all going to be the fault of the community and you guys will feel guilty for the rest of your lifes for being the reason why Bitcoin failed. So you better move your butts over here and eat and drink like hell!

Got me!?

Joe

Activity: 728
Merit: 500
The trick is to buy them before you spend them  Wink
I know, I know, my bitcoin-fu is strong  Cool.

That's exactly what I did today.
legendary
Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001
₪``Campaign Manager´´₪

I am not telling anything new here, but you realize you can just buy extra bitcoins when you spend them, right?

No because as soon as you part with some coins, for sure price will zoom up 50%!  Roll Eyes

The trick is to buy them before you spend them  Wink
I know, I know, my bitcoin-fu is strong  Cool.
legendary
Activity: 1820

No because as soon as you part with some coins, for sure price will zoom up 50%!  Roll Eyes

Though I must admit that I spent 50 BTC back when price was at $6, and now regretting that. But if I had bought them back shortly after, it would have been fine.
Pages:
Jump to: