Pages:
Author

Topic: Please dont let bitcoinstore fail, your action is needed just about now. - page 6. (Read 24195 times)

Activity: 168
Merit: 100
The currency itself becomes more valuable per unit vs things being purchased with it rather than the items themselves decreasing in value/price. Same effect as deflation but taking place on the side of the currency instead of the goods.
In other words, the BTC/USD exchange rate is getting pricier right now, so people don't want to spend BTC?

Is there even anything that can be done about that?
It would have to be advantageous to spend BTC instead of USD to offset the chance that you're costing yourself money against future prices. For most things right now there just aren't any advantages to spending BTC over your country's currency.

Value goes up -> nobody spends due to hoarding
nobody spends -> value goes down due to the currency being worthless.

Do you think that it's at all possible that there could be an equilibrium here? Or do you somehow believe that the price will go up forever despite hoarding and no real use?
This is the crux of the issue because bitcoin's value is driven in majority by speculation rather than production or utility. I actually believe that bitcoin is due for another crash pretty soon as the recent growth has every characteristic of a bubble. I don't think it's going to crash and burn forever as I think people are invested financially and ideologically to the point that they have too much at stake to not prop it up but that it will see a large and rapid loss of value. There is nothing to hold the value of BTC against on its own that's why everyone pegs it to the USD in all transactions and why almost everyone who takes BTC does it through bitpay or some such service.

All of this aside an equilibrium is where you think the value of BTC will stabalize but given that people think it's going to be worth thousands or tens of thousands or more per coin we haven't begun to approach that.

You can also argue the same way about inflation.

Inflationary currencies drive people to hard "hard assets" like Land for example. Therefore inflationary currencies  drive up the cost of actual object ownership (like factory / inventory space) that's an objectively bad thing for economies?

* not a perfect example but sufficient
Every economic system has its downsides and the goal is to find the one that works the best. Inflation is a necessity to an active economy so this is the lesser of two evils. Unchecked inflation can of course be disastrous but an inflationary currency is really the only option. Your wiggle room comes in how you manage/distribute it.

I still think bitcoin has its uses so I'm not all doom and gloom I just don't think it lends itself to the type of thing this business is going for...at least not yet.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
or does it sound like deflationary currency encourages people to hoard their money and this is an objectively bad thing for economies?

You can also argue the same way about inflation.

Inflationary currencies drive people to hard "hard assets" like Land for example. Therefore inflationary currencies  drive up the cost of actual object ownership (like factory / inventory space) that's an objectively bad thing for economies?

* not a perfect example but sufficient
Activity: 322
Merit: 250

I wish I had the need or resources to buy something there. 

Maybe put a flash sign somewhere on the forum asking that people support it by diverting half of their NewEgg, etc., spending towards bitcoinstore.
legendary
Activity: 960
Merit: 1028
Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.
The currency itself becomes more valuable per unit vs things being purchased with it rather than the items themselves decreasing in value/price. Same effect as deflation but taking place on the side of the currency instead of the goods.
In other words, the BTC/USD exchange rate is getting pricier right now, so people don't want to spend BTC?

Is there even anything that can be done about that?
Activity: 90
Merit: 10
It encourages people to hoard their money and is not a good thing and this isn't even debatable it is one of those cold hard facts that guy with the issues was talking about.

Value goes up -> nobody spends due to hoarding
nobody spends -> value goes down due to the currency being worthless.

Do you think that it's at all possible that there could be an equilibrium here? Or do you somehow believe that the price will go up forever despite hoarding and no real use?
or does it sound like deflationary currency encourages people to hoard their money and this is an objectively bad thing for economies?
Define "deflationary currency" for the purposes of this conversation.
legendary
Activity: 960
Merit: 1028
Spurn wild goose chases. Seek that which endures.
Define "deflationary currency" for the purposes of this conversation.
It encourages people to hoard their money and is not a good thing and this isn't even debatable it is one of those cold hard facts that guy with the issues was talking about.

Sounds more like butthurt that you didn't get some coins earlier to spend on nifty electronics now Cheesy  

edit: beyond that even if you were right about my reason for posting (you aren't) it would not make my statement any less true. There are some very stupid people involved in bitcointalk I see.
edit2: Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol

Sounds more like butthurt that you didn't get some coins earlier to spend on nifty electronics now Cheesy   
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Items flashing here available at btctrinkets.com
I want to buy just to shut mosper up at this point  Grin    Oh noes! people will not buy with deflationary coin. agghhhh! the sky is falling.  I'll be putting in an order near the end of the month. I'm saving for something I've wanted there for a long time. Deflationary money is so much better for saving for what you want instead of borrowing for what you want. It teaches discipline and will lead to greater wealth and security over time. That's a good thing.
Couldnt have said it better myself.
legendary
Activity: 947
Merit: 1008
central banking = outdated protocol
I want to buy just to shut mosper up at this point  Grin    Oh noes! people will not buy with deflationary coin. agghhhh! the sky is falling.  I'll be putting in an order near the end of the month. I'm saving for something I've wanted there for a long time. Deflationary money is so much better for saving for what you want instead of borrowing for what you want. It teaches discipline and will lead to greater wealth and security over time. That's a good thing.
blah blah blah defensive

In any event, we'll see how long you can go without posting about how Roger Vee won't return your emails or whatever.
lol what? Seems like you're the one with an axe to grind.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
blah blah blah defensive

In any event, we'll see how long you can go without posting about how Roger Vee won't return your emails or whatever.
Funny that someone who is a member of a community centered around a "currency" driven purely by speculation doesn't like someone speculating. You're kind of dumb.

See, defensive.  If you knew anything about me, you'd know that I post 90% of my posts in the speculation sub-forum.  You know what we do there? Speculate.  We make up all kinds of crap.

But what you're doing here is posting in a regular thread, making up very personal attacks out of whole cloth, and posting over and over and over.  If you had a complaint, fine. Say so.  But just posting the same unrelated dredge whenever someone else posts is what puts you into crazy person territory.
6 pages in and I have a few posts. Yes that sure is crazy. Posting on a forum where people post things sure is crazy. I'm sorry I also didn't realize no statements without as much proof as exists for scientific theories could be posted outside of the speculation forum.

I think you might just be dumb. I also am not defensive. You should see if bitcoinstore has a dictionary for sale.
Funny that someone who is a member of a community centered around a "currency" driven purely by speculation doesn't like someone speculating. You're kind of dumb.

See, defensive.  If you knew anything about me, you'd know that I post 90% of my posts in the speculation sub-forum.  You know what we do there? Speculate.  We make up all kinds of crap.

But what you're doing here is posting in a regular thread, making up very personal attacks out of whole cloth, and posting over and over and over.  If you had a complaint, fine. Say so.  But just posting the same unrelated dredge whenever someone else posts is what puts you into crazy person territory.
I am sorry that you don't understand the concept of inference/deduction/speculation and think that only hard proven facts are allowed to be discussed. Seems that there is an idiot in the conversation but it isn't me.

I needed to quote this for the laugh.  Keep tryin' I guess, you'll get a thought out there eventually. None the less, I'm sure you'll continue to sperg up this thread by posting every other time.

The truth is the bitcoinstore offers good deals on lots of items for BTC.  You cannot argue that.  All you can do is smack the keyboard, come up with "theories", ask people to rebut them, then admit you just made stuff up, but get defensive when people call you on it.

We will continue to laugh at your posts. Like, guffaw laugh.
The truth is that once he fails to make his goal this "business" is going to collapse and that 250k revenue isn't shit to a company like amazon and that the goal of proving to places like amazon how much they're missing out was never going to happen and likely wasn't even his intent.

I am sorry that you don't understand the concept of inference/deduction/speculation and think that only hard proven facts are allowed to be discussed. Seems that there is an idiot in the conversation but it isn't me.

I needed to quote this for the laugh.  Keep tryin' I guess, you'll get a thought out there eventually. None the less, I'm sure you'll continue to sperg up this thread by posting every other time.

The truth is the bitcoinstore offers good deals on lots of items for BTC.  You cannot argue that.  All you can do is smack the keyboard, come up with "theories", ask people to rebut them, then admit you just made stuff up, but get defensive when people call you on it.

We will continue to laugh at your posts. Like, guffaw laugh.
Why does speculation need a citation? and I have nothing to be mad about.

Ok, I'm def arguing with an idiot. "Rebut my points that I am making up and have no evidence of!"  I don't know why you're so mad, that's for you to figure out at this point.
My evidence is that people are more interested in hoarding their money than spending it so he likely will not be hitting his goal which means he is just going to end up walking away with the profit. I do not believe there is no markup because there are ways that make more sense to drive sales such as the insurance I mentioned. If this was really about the reasons that were stated then there are things which would make sense to do which aren't being done.

legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Okay I finally found a product I can recommend, that I'm sure almost any Bitcoiner could use a few of.  It's actually a really good price as well.

These USB sticks work well.  I've had no problems booting them, etc.  They're also tiny.  So, perfect for backups or whatever.

4gb, $6
16gb, $14

Pages:
Jump to: