Pages:
Author

Topic: POLL: What's the *real* reason you ever got into Bitcoins? - page 2. (Read 13686 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 250
100%
Never thought this poll would generate comments still... cool!  Smiley
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
I got into bitcoin because I'm a freelancer and want to offer clients as many payment options as possible.
Activity: 385
since every dollar worth 9x on my country well bitcoin is heaven for me xD
Activity: 280
It's lucrative to those tired of being scammed by paypal. It is also more widely accepted merchant-wise when compared to LR.
Activity: 51
In the beginning it was for fun. I refreshed my linux skills and gain some valuable experience.
Activity: 16
It is extremely interesting, innovative and the idea of being able to pay some one for services or goods in a matter of seconds anywhere in the world is what got our business involved. Over the years dealing with companies all around the globe we had lost tens of thousands of dollars in fee's and forex conversion fees from banks and institutions.

Bitcoin is simply an amazing tool
Activity: 7
I like the idea of being able to send/receive "money" worldwide in almost an instant and w/o huge fees Smiley
Activity: 20
Quite simply how open the currency is, and the unique market it can provide my business.
Activity: 392
Merit: 251
It's a monetary system that doesn't horrify me.  Shocked
Activity: 6
I enjoy anything that gets one over on the MAN!
Activity: 10
I started reading about them in early 2011.  Installed a CPU miner at the time and managed to get 0.01 BTC.  I just wanted to see it work.  Once I got some, my curiosity grew about what else I could do. 

Even though I don't fully understand all of the crypto and math, it still fascinates me.
Activity: 5
To pay off power bills and get free heating for the winter Grin

I originally started back in June last year right before it hit $30USD/BTC and cashed out getting myself three new machines fully paid off.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
It surprises you?
vip
Activity: 33
I need to send money to other countries WU is too expensive
Activity: 2
I belong into the first category it seems... I heard about bitcoin on hacker news last june and sparked by interest, particularly the silk road.

Back then I remember bitcoins going for I think ~6.70 USD.
Activity: 9
Lol I can't believe thats the most popular answer
Activity: 17
Well its because of business thing. My clients do want to pay bitcoin so i researched about it and learn to understand this.
Activity: 661
Merit: 500
Got sucked in around the top - approx. 30 / BTC

Been dollar cost averaging ever since  Undecided

That is if I ever get my coins back from Bitcoinica. 
Activity: 16
lol if they print more quantitative dollars, you could be on the right path with holding anything else
Activity: 31
I'm just in it in hopes of becoming a future millionaire just by sitting on my ass doing nothing MWAHAHAHA
Pages:
Jump to: