Pages:
Author

Topic: POLL: What's the *real* reason you ever got into Bitcoins? - page 8. (Read 13686 times)

Activity: 125
Merit: 100
Because I wanted to substitute one addiction (gaming) 4 another.

LOL

+1
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Because I fall into the tine demographic of computer nerd and economics nerd.

Bitcoin is the most interesting thing evar.
Activity: 14
Because I wanted to substitute one addiction (gaming) 4 another.
Activity: 36
I frequently use VirWox frequently to exchange my SLL and ACD earnings, and there was a update on the home page about how they accept Bitcoin deposits and withdrawals now, I assumed it was just some new payment system like PayPal so I disregarded it. Time went by and every time I went to login I would see that on the home page, after awhile I got curious and looked into it. It was then that I found http://www.weusecoins.com, after watching the video I was very interested and researched more. I was amazed, it was the perfect currency. I am now a Bitcoin miner and plan to be one of the last to shutdown.
Activity: 602
Merit: 501
None... Just curiosity. I could argue that I will make money out of this, but most probably I won't. Neither mining nor trading seems really profitable unless you invest a lot of money. And investing a lot of money is risky...
Activity: 8
Because I am a paranoic who is always planning for a life on the run from the law, underworld or shadowy agents of a global conspiracy. Bitcoins struck me as a good way to transfer assets untraceably to my new identies.
Activity: 7
Got a gaming rig sitting around, might as well see what all the fuzz is about.
Activity: 50
"You felt the need for a future movie line similar to "Hand over your wallet.dat! And be quick about it!""
That was funny  Cheesy

In all seriousness though. I'm not the type of person who says no to money. So I  carefully lurked this topic on many various websites and concluded that it was trustworthy enough for me to join in.
Activity: 294
Merit: 250
My "real reason" wasn't an option in the poll, but I voted the drugs thing. The article on Wired about Silk Road introduced me to the idea of it, then I looked it up in more detail myself. I liked the idea of a virtual currency that you can access anywhere and is given instantly to the other person, and I REALLY liked that there is no governing body for it.

But my real reason? Mining.

I have a powerful-ish PC, so if I keep it going for a month or so, I get about £20. Free cash, baby. Cheesy
I hope you don't have to pay the electricity bill.
Activity: 6
Because printing your own money is fun.

Oh, yeah, it is indeed. Best. Reason. Ever.

And because everyone in the internet is doing that.
anu
legendary
Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001
RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
Viva la Revolución!
Activity: 22
because ive lost faith in our govt to make good decisions ~_-,
Activity: 5
Curiosity. That's about it..
Activity: 11
Because i like colourfull rainbows. Wink
tac
Activity: 6
Finally the hardware is no longer in idle mode.
Activity: 21
I do it for the ladies  Grin
Activity: 39
make some extra cash with the hw i already have. maybe do a little low buying high selling
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
It's fun and a very cyberpunk idea that could actually work.
Activity: 8
Might as well ease the time a little while waiting to be released from the newbie section Smiley

Feel free to post more reasons below.

miccy

Being on a revolutionary movement Smiley
Pages:
Jump to: