Pages:
Author

Topic: POLL: What's the *real* reason you ever got into Bitcoins? - page 3. (Read 13686 times)

Activity: 104
Merit: 10
Honestly I' using it as a hedge against USD inflation.
Activity: 69
Merit: 10
I currently use it as a fun/risky investment option. Though lately I have been thinking about creating a service for the bitcoin community.
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
roundhouseminer
Activity: 16
Merit: 0
it's gettin hot in here
Activity: 266
Merit: 250
The king and the pawn go in the same box @ endgame
Activity: 16
To get chicks, of course.
donator
Activity: 162
pay for a new video card! Cheesy

This, and I'm just a sucker for new technological toys. Playing with FPGAs is fun.
Activity: 182
roundhouseminer
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
I mine for weekend party favors.... for a group of people Tongue
Activity: 330
pay for a new video card! Cheesy
Activity: 17
" totally forgot about that mining tool running in the background until I found out that the 10k BTC it had accumulated were now worth a couple grand USD." I wish!
Activity: 5
Mild interest in mining for play money.
Activity: 18
Just wanted to jump on the Bitcoin band wagon. Plus doing my bit to destroy the environment by using Gigawatt's of Electricity...
Activity: 14
I wanted to learn more about the new hype of internet currency.
Being able to earn money through pools, & making money while I sleep on a high powered rig Smiley

Also, it helps me learn more about technology Smiley
Activity: 9
Developing a new universal currency and personally playing a role in its creation? Count me in.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 502
No one got in to BTC because of SR ?? Tongue
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1002
I don't like being robbed, i.e. (attempting to) store my accumulated wealth in fiat.

The past half month you've been being robbed by storing your wealth in assets (other than bitcoin... it's held up while everything else is falling).  In my opinion, we'll see much more of the same before it's all over.  The dollar hasn't had this long of a winning streak since 1985, but that's a topic for another thread: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/gold-collapsing-bitcoin-up-68655.
Activity: 342
I don't like being robbed, i.e. (attempting to) store my accumulated wealth in fiat.
Activity: 26
Well... I was bored. I dont pay for the electricity, and it was getting pretty cold in here.

bitcoin mining seemed to allieviate those issues.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 2154
Welcome to the SaltySpitoon, how Tough are ya?
I had some friends tell me about Bitcoins in 2009, and at that point, I told them they were all stupid. Well, they finally convinced me to buy in at a few cents each, and I realized I was a supporter of BTC after a month when they jumped up to $17. Although I know that was a bubble, I can foresee this happening again due to natural causes in the future.
Pages:
Jump to: