Pages:
Author

Topic: POLL: What's the *real* reason you ever got into Bitcoins? - page 9. (Read 13686 times)

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
Activity: 107
We need a better name for the smallest-unit-of-bitcoin. "Satoshis" doesn't cut it.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Because printing your own money is fun.

+1  Grin

And... it's interesting to see how bitcoins are evolving in comparison with established currencies.  Smiley
Activity: 98
Idle curiosity
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
I'm in it for the comics

o
Activity: 76
The architecture is very enlightenment, so I want to keep track of its development
Activity: 70
Because printing your own money is fun.
Activity: 4
My reason?  Because...

I reject your reality and substitute my own.
Activity: 3
I just happened to buy a computer with a 5850 in it, and I figured I could regain some of my investment this way
Activity: 11
Because I'm a Libertarian and figured if the Federal Reserve is allowed to make money illegally why can't I!

Bitcoins aren't illegal  Grin
Activity: 8
I'm envisioning the need for untraceable currency...
Activity: 6
What else am I suppose to do with all my card?? =D
Activity: 182
Merit: 100
I think I could sum it up with one word (aside from these of course  Cheesy).

Choice.
Activity: 21
I thought it seemed like a really cool idea. It piqued my curiosity.
donator
Activity: 853
Merit: 1000
It enables market anarchism, that is all. the future looks bright again...
Activity: 26
Might as well ease the time a little while waiting to be released from the newbie section Smiley

Feel free to post more reasons below.

miccy

NOTA
Activity: 98
firstbits: 1nathana
I got in because of an article in New Scientist. There is also my love of all thing open source.
Then I heard about the GLBSE, and had to jump in there.
Activity: 84
an early slashdot posting. feb 2010.
I was pretty excited about the premise of debasing the World Bank and the IMF.

I finally made an account here today after being kind of pissed off about Mt Gox taking double 0.65% on every trade I was making this weekend.

I had the original 50BTC generated, but now the trading bots, Mt Gox and the Lulzboat have took most of them from me.
I'm trying to slowly build back up, but, I'm not good at playing Terminator, yet.

this place can seem quite like the rats on wall street I would imagine, the second you turn your back, jab a knife in your back through proxy.
nice little simulation of how so called evolved people can be.

you want to give me monies:
1CRcJUNAPvHYd888jLiwRZacwSQDNSFPfh
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
Activity: 28
My "real reason" wasn't an option in the poll, but I voted the drugs thing. The article on Wired about Silk Road introduced me to the idea of it, then I looked it up in more detail myself. I liked the idea of a virtual currency that you can access anywhere and is given instantly to the other person, and I REALLY liked that there is no governing body for it.

But my real reason? Mining.

I have a powerful-ish PC, so if I keep it going for a month or so, I get about £20. Free cash, baby. Cheesy
Pages:
Jump to: