Pages:
Author

Topic: POLL: What's the *real* reason you ever got into Bitcoins? - page 7. (Read 13686 times)

Activity: 12
Merit: 0
A good laugh that pole is lol

I started so i could get some extra cash to do pc upgrades I wouldnt otherwise be able to afford. I only wish I had found out earlier when the difficulty wasnt so high Sad
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Bitcoin mining thrummed my geek chord more that anything in the last 10 years! Awesome!
Activity: 27
Because I'm a Libertarian and figured if the Federal Reserve is allowed to make money illegally why can't I!

I like your reasoning!  haha.  My reasons were similar...  call me a conspiracy theorist, but it won't be long before the US dollar is worthless...

And, in response to your sig, I too am mining at a ridiculously low pace... 3.0-3.5 Mh/s.  Thank God (or Slush) for pooled mining!
Activity: 21
I joined mostly because its the future of money.
It's also is a way to get some free cash ;p
legendary
Activity: 1820
Merit: 1000
I think I was hooked when I first saw the Mt Gox BC chart. I know a lot of people think that BC already had its pop and will die from here, and maybe they are right, but I think it may run quite a bit higher. I decided to mine rather than trade b/c I do so much stock trading as it is and wanted something different. I'm also interested in all the associated technology and see this as a learning opportunity (I already know a lot more about linux and building computers than I did a few weeks ago). Good poll - it is interesting to see how BC appeals to people on so many different levels.
Activity: 10
I got in cause I found the whole bitcoin 'experiment' interesting. It's somewhat intriguing to see the growing pains a potential digital currency has to go through. Whether bitcoins actually makes it into the mainstream or not and the debates that go on are pretty entertaining.
Activity: 42
I got in 'cause it's a cheap way to send and receive money accross the world.

This is my main motivation, too.  It's thus depressing to me to see this development hijacked by quack economics.
Activity: 24
I wanted to enter the matrix so I took the blue pill!
Activity: 35
Merit: 1

The funny thing is i thought this was going to be alot easier.......just use a debit card and go!!!!! Boy was i wrong, and I really only need about 10 bit coins. My second mistake was assuming that paypal was a god idea.....wow. Owell I will become a bitcoinier soon.......trial by fire i guess. Huh Huh
Activity: 43
It's sort of like making money without trying too much
Activity: 29
Because it is the biggest invention since physical money, i.e. for the last 5000 years or so. Because it will change everything, everything.
donator
Activity: 798
Merit: 500
To contribute to global warming of course.  If everyone had a mining rig, think of how tropical the world would be.
Activity: 331
Merit: 250
Earthling
I want to rule the world and BTC will help me achieve this goal!
Activity: 10
I was curious...
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
I am just wasting time until Skyrim...
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I look at this as more of a hobby that could potentially pay for itself than an investment.  With the last difficulty increase, paying back my rigs is going to take a couple of months.  Also, I'm trying to learn more about networking in Linux, and I have definitely made gains in that regard.
Activity: 24
I got into it to pay off a fine for running a red light Tongue. It may take a few months but hey, long term investment!
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1056
Affordable Physical Bitcoins - Denarium.com
I got interested for various reasons. For one, it's something really different and as a supporter of the Zeitgeist Movement I'm always on the lookout for anything different. I also happen to make a living mainly from online poker so I'm not the most normal person out there. Bitcoin looked promising for getting a bit of extra income from and perhaps the whole system could theoretically change the world, a little bit at least.

Right after I started with mining rigs and buying coins I've been really addicted on Bitcoin. In the future I hope to be able to spend more of them and I would also like to provide Bitcoin-related services in Finland, there seems to be demand for that here.
Activity: 4
Because of general interest in monetary history and libertarian leanings. Even if the first bitcoin fails, another implementation won't. Its big, history books of the future will mention bitcoin in the next sentence after they mention internet.
Activity: 4
On a cold winter night in south detroit, I found the bitcoin app on the android market.
Pages:
Jump to: