Pages:
Author

Topic: Poloniex Preparing for an Exit Scam! DO _NOT_ SEND COINS THERE! - page 2. (Read 1773 times)

Activity: 281
Merit: 77
You got questions? We got answers. coinclarity.com
Can anybody else confirm or disconfirm if they have coins stuck in Poloniex? Most of the problems I've had with them in the past are fixed within a matter of days, I think a week at the longest. Thanks for the info.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
For everybody considering depositing coins on Poloniex, here's further proof that their support system is simply absent:

Don't deposit your coins to Poloniex, unless you want them to just sit there endlessly.
Activity: 702
Merit: 251
not opening the xdn xcn and bbr wallets is totally ground for a lawsuit for losses caused.

There is probably proof that can be found they are using the XDN in the last huge pump to benefit from this retention of peoples coins.

If that can be proven they will likely be shut down

Didn't Polo give holders enough time to get their coins out tho?  I'm not sure but I think the usually give a month's notice before delisting and a couple or so more months to get them out of the exchange...?

lol so yeah now if you were on vacation for a month polo gets to keep your coins... sounds legit

and WHY are the other worthless dogshit alts on polo still available to withdraw for a year or 2yrs after delisting or more??

alts that have no value at all you can withdraw... alts with value we keep them.

bittrex allows withdrawal years later

polo knows those coins like XDN have value and try to keep them or trade them themselves

If there is proof polo has moved those XDN and been trading them else where then they will get fined and closed down.

Exactly my thoughts, how could one say a month's notice is enough time.
I think it's only a matter of time before some of these exchanges get shut down or get hit with a big lawsuit.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167
MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG
not opening the xdn xcn and bbr wallets is totally ground for a lawsuit for losses caused.

There is probably proof that can be found they are using the XDN in the last huge pump to benefit from this retention of peoples coins.

Didn't Polo give holders enough time to get their coins out tho?  I'm not sure but I think the usually give a month's notice before delisting and a couple or so more months to get them out of the exchange...?

lol so yeah now if you were on vacation for a month polo gets to keep your coins... sounds legit

and WHY are the other worthless dogshit alts on polo still available to withdraw for a year or 2yrs after delisting or more??

alts that have no value at all you can withdraw... alts with value we keep them.

bittrex allows withdrawal years later

polo knows those coins like XDN have value and try to keep them or trade them themselves

If there is proof polo has moved those XDN and been trading them else where then they will get fined and closed down.
Activity: 106
Merit: 10
"The Best ICO with Best ROI:: Cube"
I am distressed to here that exchanges can stop withdrawal of our money. I have never used Poloniex only Binance and Bitfinex and have not faced any such issue till now.
There are plenty of new exchanges coming up now a days but I would really be weary of these and trust only the established ones.
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...

Didn't Polo give holders enough time to get their coins out tho?  I'm not sure but I think the usually give a month's notice before delisting and a couple or so more months to get them out of the exchange...?
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
Never really traded there.
Even though I dont think it is a scam, but just a really, really, really bad customer support,  thanks for the warning.
Hopefully you will get your coins back.
Activity: 102
Well I just transferred my XRP to Binance from Poloniex.  It went flawless!  No troubles at all.  Everyone here was worrying me so I decided to give it a try.

I dont believe they are exiting I believe they are useless scamming scum.

They have tons of money so wont go under but they are greedy and useless.

I see no reason for the XDN XCN BBR and all the other wallets that have been offline for MONTHS to stay off

They don't employ enough staff or highly skilled staff hence why they don't fix any major problems.

The owner this tristan is probably off swanning around living a great life leaving a bunch of untrained monkeys with zero clearance to look after his exchange.

Also XDN just had a HUGE pump and I would not mind betting their wallet full of other peoples XDN was dumped into this pump and they have now no XDN to pay people thier coins. They will buy them back when it dumps and perhaps switch in on then.

I hope they get busted and fined hard even better throw that tristan in jail for a few months wake that dumb shit up to the fact he is costing so many peole so much money

I hear ya!!!! I would have been pissed too if I wasn't able to move my XRP! Only coin I have left there is Doge.
legendary
Well I just transferred my XRP to Binance from Poloniex.  It went flawless!  No troubles at all.  Everyone here was worrying me so I decided to give it a try.

I dont believe they are exiting I believe they are useless scamming scum.

They have tons of money so wont go under but they are greedy and useless.

I see no reason for the XDN XCN BBR and all the other wallets that have been offline for MONTHS to stay off

They don't employ enough staff or highly skilled staff hence why they don't fix any major problems.

The owner this tristan is probably off swanning around living a great life leaving a bunch of untrained monkeys with zero clearance to look after his exchange.

Also XDN just had a HUGE pump and I would not mind betting their wallet full of other peoples XDN was dumped into this pump and they have now no XDN to pay people thier coins. They will buy them back when it dumps and perhaps switch in on then.

I hope they get busted and fined hard even better throw that tristan in jail for a few months wake that dumb shit up to the fact he is costing so many peole so much money
Activity: 102
Activity: 644
Merit: 250
I cant be true tsss i didnt expect of the best exchanger will gone scam thanks for sharing the information my friend it was a great help for me and other people who are using polo
Activity: 315
For few years people start to talk about poloniex problems and still continue.
And some other people don't listen community and still continue to invest in poloniex.
We need decentralized exchanges as soon as possible with large liquidity.
legendary

Activity: 312
Activity: 434
I can not verify the account. I sent support 2 times but they not answered. And now they announce that they will lock the account unverified. I do not know what to do  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 3976
Merit: 1421
Life, Love and Laughter...
Polo's 'complete error' bug has happened to me before when I was trying to withdraw XMR (which was eventually fixed).  This was around late 2016.  And I don't think the exchange is gonna do a Vern any time soon but don't take my word for it because I could be wrong.

Anyway, Nutildah, don't worry too much.  I missed the part that this was a complete error problem by the way.
Activity: 65
The Service Discussion board and their subreddit are swarmed with complaints as well. But it's been like this since last May. If anything, the situation seems slightly better than a few months ago, after lots of the trading volume moved to Bittrex (and later Binance). There are people with millions of dollars stuck. Some have had their withdrawal limits lowered to $0. I left in June out of fear that I would get money stuck there.

Dremeber, stop posting referral links here. It's against the rules. And it's sort of pathetic.
Sorry was unaware of that!
Won't do it again.
Activity: 756
Merit: 502
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
The Service Discussion board and their subreddit are swarmed with complaints as well. But it's been like this since last May. If anything, the situation seems slightly better than a few months ago, after lots of the trading volume moved to Bittrex (and later Binance). There are people with millions of dollars stuck. Some have had their withdrawal limits lowered to $0. I left in June out of fear that I would get money stuck there.

Dremeber, stop posting referral links here. It's against the rules. And it's sort of pathetic.
legendary
Activity: 3010
Merit: 8114
I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but a lot of times when people have issues like this it's because they did something wrong, like in the case of NEM not copying and including the proper "message" when sending the coin, or filling out all the fields properly.  These mistakes can be easily avoided with a little care. They don't hold your hand in the crypto space so it's important to take every precaution.

In this case, there is no associated transaction ID, so obviously they didn't send the coins anywhere and are just sitting on them. It says I sent coins to an address "CIFG777" or something similar, and the transfer status says "COMPLETE: ERROR", without listing a transaction ID. So no, I didn't do anything wrong. And I was an original recipient of a NEMstake when it first launched through NXT, so I'm not exactly a noob here either.

Given the fact that over 100 people have commented in this very thread with similar problems leads me to believe that they are either wildly incompetent, on the verge of an exit scam or else bankruptcy. In any 3 of these scenarios, I still continue recommending people _NOT_ deposit their coins in Poloniex, and withdraw everything they _do_ have there. They are simply untrustworthy at this point.
Activity: 280
I sold some Ardor, sent the bitcoin to cryptopia, about 4 hours ago. no issues. Cryptopia wasn't showing the bitcoin right away so I took a 4 hour nap, woke up, funds were there. My solution to this problem has been to simply not to try withdrawing altcoins unless the site seems to be issue free by doing a casual search.  Usually I have just kept the coins on the exchange and they're still around.  I make it a point to try to only withdraw bitcoin.

If you can avoid having to deal with customer service in the first place, that's the best way to go about it. Unfortunately for you you didn't.

I'm not saying you did anything wrong, but a lot of times when people have issues like this it's because they did something wrong, like in the case of NEM not copying and including the proper "message" when sending the coin, or filling out all the fields properly.  These mistakes can be easily avoided with a little care. They don't hold your hand in the crypto space so it's important to take every precaution.

The main disadvantage of Poloniex is they're riding on their success, not actively improving. Their withdraw limit of $25,000 is really quite meager by today's standards also. Seems like a lot of exchanges lack attention to detail, blaming it on customer load. I can tell you if I was running my own exchange I'd be constantly looking for wallet updates and reviewing customer issues as best I can. If as the owner I had a 3 month backlog of complaints, to me that would be unacceptable. I'd stay up day and night until they were addressed and hire the needed people. With the money these places bring in from transaction fees you can't tell me they're hurting for money.
Pages:
Jump to: